Windows 10: How to stop the metered connection toggle from reverting?

Discus and support How to stop the metered connection toggle from reverting? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; We must have many of our devices set as non-metered connections for all connections/all users in order for them to work consistently. We are constantly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lynnette Akamine, Sep 7, 2019.

1. How to stop the metered connection toggle from reverting?

We must have many of our devices set as non-metered connections for all connections/all users in order for them to work consistently. We are constantly having to change this setting because it doesn't stick. Recently, I determined it definitely DOES revert after updates but I'm not sure what else triggers it because it happens so often. Does anybody know how to stop this? We're spending hours a week having to toggle this for very important mobile users and it's becoming increasingly frustrating for everyone involved (they cannot toggle it themselves which is why admins have to do it and even if they could, they shouldn't have to).

Yes, I have set the regkey to non-metered for all devices in the NetworkList but this doesn't force it. I'm at my wits end with this...

:)

Lynnette Akamine, Sep 7, 2019

2. OneDrive - Metered Connection

Hi Sayyid,

Since you're using a SIM to be able to use the internet, Windows 10 automatically set your connection as metered if your Internet service provider limits the data you can use.

You can turn the Set as metered connection option to OFF by following these steps:

• Click the Internet access icon from the Taskbar.
    • Click the network where you are connected, then click Properties.
    • Locate and toggle the Set as metered connection to OFF.

Let us know if the message still appears after following the above mentioned steps.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Sep 7, 2019
  3. SumitRoy Win User
    Can't toggle between a metered connection and non-metered connection of a cellular network. Option is greyed out.

I can toggle between a metered connection and non-metered connection of a wi-fi network, but I can't toggle between a metered connection and non-metered connection of a cellular network. As the option is greyed out. I used to toggle on windows 8.1, but
    I can't toggle in windows 10. I am using windows 10.0.10240 with all the windows updates installed and windows is up to date.

How to stop the metered connection toggle from reverting? 4a75994c-5198-4f98-ab12-4e37e39cf211.png

SumitRoy, Sep 7, 2019
  4. How to stop the metered connection toggle from reverting?

How to force Windows 10 to update over a "metered" connection

I have mobile broadband complete with dongle, but Windows 10 updates will not download due to a 'metered connection'. I have gone into settings and Wi-Fi, but there is no 'Advanced Options' section. The advice is:

If the 3g connection is a wireless connection, I request you to try the below steps:

• Go to Start menu > Settings > Network & Internet > Wi-Fi > Advanced options.
    • Under Metered connection, toggle Set as metered connection to Off.

What therefore is the solution?

PeterMaxwellWalker, Sep 7, 2019
Thema:

How to stop the metered connection toggle from reverting?

1. How to stop the metered connection toggle from reverting? - Similar Threads - stop metered connection

2. Metered connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Metered connection: What can I do when I can't download my Windows Updates because I am on a metered connection. I went to check on my Windows Updates and found a message that said I needed to check if I was on unmetered connection. If not, I may get charged for downloading them. I am on an...
  3. Metered connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Metered connection: My wifi says turn off metered connection but when i go to settings the wifi tab does not appear please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/metered-connection/f3e9f6a8-62a2-41b4-955f-ff35086fb242
  4. Metered Connections

Metered Connections: How do I change my settings so I can connect to WI-FI? At the moment, it says I can only use an ethernet cord which is not an option. I have a ASUS Desktop running on Windows 10 PRO....
  5. Windows 10 cellural connection reverts to metered

Windows 10 cellural connection reverts to metered: Hi, I have a Windows 10 laptop where I use a 4g cellural connection with unlimited data plan. I have set the cellural connection as not metered connection. Unfortunately for some reason this gets reverted to metered connection automatically very often. This is quite...
  6. Metered Connection

Metered Connection: A while back I was having troubles downloading all the Windows 10 updates. Call tech support and bottom line they set my computer to a metered connection. That solved my problems. It worked. Me internet provider only supplies me with 10 mbps of download speed. Yesterday I...
  7. METERED CONNECTION

METERED CONNECTION: I must have pressed something because now when I open my Outlook to check my mail I get a message about me being on a metered connection. How do I turn that warning off? Many Thankx Jeff...
  8. METERED CONNECTION

in Cortana
    METERED CONNECTION: I must have pressed something because now when I open my Outlook to check my mail I get a message about me being on a metered connection. How do I turn that warning off? Many Thankx Jeff...
  9. Metered Connection

Metered Connection: I can't seem to change my WiFi settings to meteted connection on windows 10. I have gone through the steps on the microsoft site and when I get to manage know networks and I select any of my networks it's shows me either share, or forget, buh doesn't show me properties. How...
  10. Mobile metered connection setting keeps reverting back to On

Mobile metered connection setting keeps reverting back to On: Hello, I need my OneDrive to constantly update on a Mobile connection, therefore my only option is to set the Mobile connection as unmetered (setting on Off). Within a few hours or few days, Windows 10 keeps reverting back the setting to On which in turn pauses OneDrive,...