Windows 10: HOW TO STOP THE PICTURES FOR POPPING UP ON MY DESKTOP !!!! I REALY HATE THEM AND WANT IT...

Discus and support HOW TO STOP THE PICTURES FOR POPPING UP ON MY DESKTOP !!!! I REALY HATE THEM AND WANT IT... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I WANT ALL THE DIFFERANT PICTURES TO STOP !!! I HATE THEM... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LindaJWesner, Feb 22, 2020.

1. HOW TO STOP THE PICTURES FOR POPPING UP ON MY DESKTOP !!!! I REALY HATE THEM AND WANT IT...

I WANT ALL THE DIFFERANT PICTURES TO STOP !!! I HATE THEM

:)

LindaJWesner, Feb 22, 2020
  2. Donna Men Win User

annoying desktop pop ups

Hi Sheena,

Pop ups can be distracting for some, and depending on your reference, you can disable the desktop pop ups by following these steps:

• Click Start or the Windows logo and go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Go to System and choose Notification & actions.
    • Under Notifications, turn off Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows or whatever you want to turn off.
    • Close the window and it will automatically save the changes.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Donna Men, Feb 22, 2020
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. HOW TO STOP THE PICTURES FOR POPPING UP ON MY DESKTOP !!!! I REALY HATE THEM AND WANT IT...

Changing the background in Windows 10 from picture foders created on the hard drive?

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response

I would suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open Desktop Background by right clicking on the desktop clicking Personalization

• Click the picture or color that you want to use for your desktop background.

• If the picture you want to use isn't in the list of desktop background pictures, click an item in the Picture location list to see other categories, or click Browse to search for the picture on your computer.
      When you find the picture that you want, double-click it. It will become your desktop background.

Hope this helps.

Waseemulla S, Feb 22, 2020
Thema:

HOW TO STOP THE PICTURES FOR POPPING UP ON MY DESKTOP !!!! I REALY HATE THEM AND WANT IT...

1. HOW TO STOP THE PICTURES FOR POPPING UP ON MY DESKTOP !!!! I REALY HATE THEM AND WANT IT... - Similar Threads - STOP PICTURES POPPING

2. How do I stop this pop up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop this pop up?: I'm on windows 11 and keep getting a constant pop up for Windows Security, "workplace or school account connecting to ... enter username and password. I have removed the school account from Microsoft Edge and there is no such account when I go to Settings -> Accounts ->...
  3. How do I stop this pop up?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop this pop up?: I'm on windows 11 and keep getting a constant pop up for Windows Security, "workplace or school account connecting to ... enter username and password. I have removed the school account from Microsoft Edge and there is no such account when I go to Settings -> Accounts ->...
  4. How do I STOP Windows putting pictures on my start I did not ask for it I don't want them,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I STOP Windows putting pictures on my start I did not ask for it I don't want them,...: THE PICTURES ARE PRETTY BUT I WANT THEM TURNED OFF. HOW? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-windows-putting-pictures-on-my-start/b4dc9eaf-01d1-41df-bcd1-a8fb262d16d3
  5. I want my files back on my desktop and in my Pictures - NOT a link to them

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I want my files back on my desktop and in my Pictures - NOT a link to them: I have Windows 11. I use Microsoft 365 to work with all my documents and spreadsheets and other files so I have a copy on my PC and a corresponding files/folders backed up to the cloud. That's all I want. when I set up 365, if I remember, it created a OneDrive folder on my...
  6. I want my files back on my desktop and in my Pictures - NOT a link to them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want my files back on my desktop and in my Pictures - NOT a link to them: I have Windows 11. I use Microsoft 365 to work with all my documents and spreadsheets and other files so I have a copy on my PC and a corresponding files/folders backed up to the cloud. That's all I want. when I set up 365, if I remember, it created a OneDrive folder on my...
  7. I want my files back on my desktop and in my Pictures - NOT a link to them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Popped up picture

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Popped up picture: Whenever I save a picture, it goes into my picture file. But, a pop-up of my saved pic keeps on pop-up on my screen. How can I stop it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/popped-up-picture/1ffcbef7-fa06-433b-a705-ec42d39444de
  9. I hate pop-up ads . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    I hate pop-up ads . . .: I'm running Windows 10 pro on my computer. I hate pop-up ads. I want to stop 'em! But, every software app, that I find. Gives you a trial period. When, that over, I delete it and install another. But, I'm running out of things to install. Is their any free forever,...
  10. I have numerous pop ups. I have no idea how to stop them.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I have numerous pop ups. I have no idea how to stop them.: I have a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 64 bit. I have Macafee security. I have numerous pop ups and I have run many virus scans, including with Malwarebytes. Nothing shows up. I use Chrome most of the time and I have Adblock Plus but nothing stops these pop ups. I will...