Windows 10: How to stop the preview window from opening with Sticky Notes?

Discus and support How to stop the preview window from opening with Sticky Notes? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just downloaded Sticky Notes from the Microsoft Store, as I remembered it being useful back when I used 7. It has a new feature, however; a large... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Yuckyrat, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Yuckyrat Win User

How to stop the preview window from opening with Sticky Notes?

I just downloaded Sticky Notes from the Microsoft Store, as I remembered it being useful back when I used 7. It has a new feature, however; a large "Preview" window that I can use to make new notes and edit my settings. I don't want it to open, though; I only need the Sticky Note itself, not the Preview window as well.

I tried the method discussed here, but it doesn't seem to work for me; the Preview window opens regardless, every time. I really just want a new note to open when I open Sticky Notes.

Does anyone know how to disable the Preview window from opening alongside a new note?

:)

Yuckyrat, Dec 14, 2019

2. Sticky Note Missing

Hi KeithRawlings,

I'm Charles, an Independent advisor trying to help.

Let's see if with the following steps we can solve the problem:

1.- Open >> Sticky notes, when located on the taskbar (Right click on the option) >> Select: List of Notes, now check if your note is in that list.

2.- Follow the steps suggested by the Windows MVP in your article

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-sticky-notes-lost...

I hope the steps work for you

Attentive to any comments

Have a happy day

Best Regards,

Charles.

CharlesJones32, Dec 14, 2019
  3. jimbobnh Win User
    Disable Sticky Notes Preview window?

New to Win10 and struggle with the new sticky notes. I always get a preview window that I have to x out to use sticky note. Can't seem to find a way to stop it. I miss the Sticky Notes I had in win7.

Can the preview pane be stopped from showing every time I open?

jimbobnh, Dec 14, 2019
  4. How to stop the preview window from opening with Sticky Notes?

White Sticky Notes window opens with sticky and cannot be stopped

I did what you suggested. I also tried both repairing and resetting the Sticky Notes app, and nothing changed. I'm still getting the main white window every time I open a new note if one is not already open. If I right click on my start menu shortcut and
    click on open new note, I get the white window and two new notes. If I right click and select notes list, I get a single note along with the white window, which I'm pretty sure now is the notes list.

Hellknight(2), Dec 14, 2019
Thema:

How to stop the preview window from opening with Sticky Notes?

1. How to stop the preview window from opening with Sticky Notes? - Similar Threads - stop preview window

2. How to stop Sticky Notes App from opening a bunch of notes at launch

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to stop Sticky Notes App from opening a bunch of notes at launch: When ever a launch Sticky Notes it opens a whole bunch of notes no matter how many notes I had open at the close of the last session. I think the notes that get opened are the most recently viewed ones. I don't have syncing enabled so I only view the notes from one device....
  3. Sticky notes won’t open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sticky notes won’t open: I have an issue with sticky notes. When I start my PC, sticky notes show up on the PC, but then they disappear. Perhaps, they start working in the background. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sticky-notes-wont-open/686210b7-891e-4651-a918-a6463ade152e
  4. Disable Sticky Notes Preview window?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Sticky Notes Preview window?: New to Win10 and struggle with the new sticky notes. I always get a preview window that I have to x out to use sticky note. Can't seem to find a way to stop it. I miss the Sticky Notes I had in win7. Can the preview pane be stopped from showing every time I open? 143201
  5. sticky notes not opening

sticky notes not opening: i try to reset but not opening https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sticky-notes-not-opening/0dbaf094-19cc-473c-9f6f-539b439f6a0d
  6. Sticky notes stop working.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Sticky notes stop working.: When i start up Sticky Notes it shows that it's running but the notes will not pop up when I hit new note or when try to open my save notes it does nothing. Also, it lets me right click on it abd see the option under tasks like [note list] and its [settings] but other than...
  7. How to open a sticky note from the "Notes List"?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to open a sticky note from the "Notes List"?: Sticky Notes crashed and closed out of the note that I was taking on it. I found said note in the "Notes List" but can't seem to figure out how to open it. Clicking on it does nothing. Ctrl+Tab and Ctrl+Shift+Tab don't do anything either. Right clicking just shows "Close" and...
  8. White Sticky Notes window opens with sticky and cannot be stopped

White Sticky Notes window opens with sticky and cannot be stopped: Whenever I first open a sticky note, it opens with this main white Sticky Notes window with the settings menu and "Tap the new note button above to create a new note". None of which is necessary because it can all be accessed from the sticky itself and I just have to keep...
  9. cant open sticky notes

cant open sticky notes: I can't open the sticky note again after I update it to version 3.0, please give me the solution !. I tried to reset and uninstall the sticky note, but it still didn't work....
  10. Not able to open Sticky Notes

Not able to open Sticky Notes: I have a custom based Windows 10 1703 image. I am not able to access Sticky Notes. It opens but sticks on task-bar like its hanged. Please help. [img] 98711

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stop Sticky Notes App from opening a bunch of notes at launch

2. ms sticky notes preview pane comes up solid white