Windows 10: How to stop the registry editor disabling task manager.

Discus and support How to stop the registry editor disabling task manager. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Every time I boot up my pc, registers editor prompt me and if I click yes it disables task manager and if I click no it doesn’t. I i’ve scanned my pc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MNSN18, Apr 28, 2020.

1. /u/MNSN18 Win User

How to stop the registry editor disabling task manager.

Every time I boot up my pc, registers editor prompt me and if I click yes it disables task manager and if I click no it doesn’t.

I i’ve scanned my pc with MBAM and windows defender but nothing’s coming up, cleaned any bad or invalid registery and that’s not solved.

Also scanned with MSERT and a few others. so a don’t think it’s any malware that’s doing it.

Any Ideas? Thanks

submitted by /u/MNSN18
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MNSN18, Apr 28, 2020

2. Issues while accessing Task Manager and Registry Error: Disabled by Administrator

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while accessing Task Manager and Registry on your PC. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below:

1. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently?
    2. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?
    3. Are you connected to Domain/organization network?
    4. What is the exact error message that you receive?

Refer the article Which version of Windows operating system am I running?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to try enabling built-in administrator account and see if you are able to access Task Manager and Registry. Kindly follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Now press Windows +
      S key together to open Search.
    2. Now type CMD and select Run as administrator.
    3. Accept the UAC prompts.
    4. Type in the following command and hit Enter:

net user administrator /active:yes

If you are able to access Task Manager and Registry in built-in administrator, then create a new user account using built-in administrator and check if you are still able to access Task Manager and Registry. Refer the article
    Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Apr 28, 2020
  3. No permission to disable a task in Task Scheduler

You keep talking about a "folder". Task scheduler items are files, not
    folders, even though they have no name extension (i.e. no full stop or anything else to the right of the name).

I suspect the task is protected through its entry in the registry. You need to open the registry editor (regedit.exe), then do this:

• Navigate to this key:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version\Schedule\TaskCache\Tasks\
    • Find "UpdateOrchestrator", using Ctrl+F. It will be against a key such as

{AB62362D-3EF5-4BD4-92E1-D96143FD8738}
    • Change the owner of the key to "Administrators"
    • Grant full access to "Administrators".

You then need to take the same four steps with this key:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Schedule\TaskCache\Tree\

Frederik Long, Apr 28, 2020
  4. DaleDalka Win User

Registry Editor Stops Working

While searching the registry the registry editor stops working on Windows 10 Pro.

DaleDalka, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

1. How to stop the registry editor disabling task manager. - Similar Threads - stop registry editor

2. Can’t open task manager, services, or registry editor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t open task manager, services, or registry editor: I ended some services that used up a lot of disk usage, and I believe I accidentally closed out of a service that had something to do with system32 and now I can’t open none of them to fix it. Is there any work around?...
  3. Can’t open task manager, services, or registry editor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t open task manager, services, or registry editor: I ended some services that used up a lot of disk usage, and I believe I accidentally closed out of a service that had something to do with system32 and now I can’t open none of them to fix it. Is there any work around?...
  4. Task manager is disabled

Task manager is disabled: Hi,Recently I discovered, when I open my lock screen with ctrl + alt + del the task manager is missing from the bottom. I tried to run the exe but it says that I need admin rights, I checked and I'm the admin on my PC.I also edited the Local Group Policy:User Configuration ->...
  5. Cannot open files like task manager, registry editor, etc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot open files like task manager, registry editor, etc.: Hello Microsoft,Recently i tried installing an application with a .exe file, but it didn't open. So, i tried opening task manager to see what was the matter. I found out that I could not open task manager as well.I tried different procedures and found out that:I couldn't open...
  6. Cannot open files like task manager, registry editor, etc.

Cannot open files like task manager, registry editor, etc.: Hello Microsoft,Recently i tried installing an application with a .exe file, but it didn't open. So, i tried opening task manager to see what was the matter. I found out that I could not open task manager as well.I tried different procedures and found out that:I couldn't open...
  7. How stop task manager from being disabled?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How stop task manager from being disabled?: I downloaded a virus on accident and I removed it and now it's says my task manager is disabled by administrator. How do I re-enable it? submitted by /u/Thenoob1000 [link] [comments]...
  8. Windows 10: Administrator User has Task Manager and Registry Editor disabled

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10: Administrator User has Task Manager and Registry Editor disabled: Good afternoon! I cannot open task manager and registry editor, every time I try it says "[Application] has been disabled by your administrator". I tried searching for ways such as editing the Group Policy, in which I didn't have, so I ended up searching for a way to enable...
  9. My Registry Editors keep getting launch and the Task Manager keep getting disabled at the...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Registry Editors keep getting launch and the Task Manager keep getting disabled at the...: Hi, I owned a Windows 10 and after I installed uTorrent suddenly the registry editors window keeps getting launch every time I start the Windows. Plus, my task manager keeps getting disabled as well. I already checked at the StartUp tab on my task manager but I can't find...
  10. Registry Editor disabling Task Manager at startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Registry Editor disabling Task Manager at startup: A few days back a popup began to appear on startup with Registry Editor asking admin access I accepted then I realised my Task Manager has been disabled. I enabled it from regedit and restarted same popup appears and if I click yes Task Manager is disable and remains enabled...