Windows 10: How to stop the "request to clear TPM screen" from appearing?

Discus and support How to stop the "request to clear TPM screen" from appearing? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently got my laptop's screen replaced in a local computer repair shop. Unfortunately, the screen replacement they had didnt work on my laptop so i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SethCamp, Feb 10, 2021.

1. SethCamp Win User

How to stop the "request to clear TPM screen" from appearing?

I recently got my laptop's screen replaced in a local computer repair shop. Unfortunately, the screen replacement they had didnt work on my laptop so i had to reuse the original lcd of my laptop.

Idk if the one i mentioned above is related to this but anyway, after i got my laptop from the shop, the 'request to clear TPM' black screen appeared. Though i could still normally use my laptop after denying the clear tpm pressing esc, the 'request to clear tpm screen' always appear on startup. Is there a way to stop the tpm screen from appearing? It would be troublesome if i accidentally press wrong button. I dont want to lose any data.

:)

SethCamp, Feb 10, 2021

2. Clear tpm

Hi I'm trying to reset my laptop to factory settings and its saying clear TPM. Or configuration change was requested for this computer's TPM.

Louise Robert, Feb 10, 2021
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Need help on whether to clear TPM on not

It's clear as mud. As far as I can tell, it's specific to Windows, not necessarily activated programs like MacAfee, games, etc etc etc. MS Office, I have no idea.

Here's a lengthy doc on it: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...initialize-and-configure-ownership-of-the-tpm

Sasqui, Feb 10, 2021
  4. How to stop the "request to clear TPM screen" from appearing?

a configuration change was requested to clear this computer's TPM

I have an hp stream 8 and was resetting to factory mode and this blue screen came up "a configuration change was requested to clear this computer's TPM" the touch screen is non responsive how do I select no?

Jose A. RamirezRamirez, Feb 10, 2021
Thema:

How to stop the "request to clear TPM screen" from appearing?

1. How to stop the "request to clear TPM screen" from appearing? - Similar Threads - stop request clear

2. Clear TPM?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clear TPM?: Hi,I read online that it is recommended to clear the TPM in windows not bios, before a clean install of Windows 11. Is this true? Or will windows 11 automatically clear the TPM under installation regardless?...
  3. Clear TPM?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clear TPM?: Hi,I read online that it is recommended to clear the TPM in windows not bios, before a clean install of Windows 11. Is this true? Or will windows 11 automatically clear the TPM under installation regardless?...
  4. clearing tpm

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    clearing tpm: if i clear tpm does it reset my computer back to factory settings and wipe out all the files and data? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clearing-tpm/e2ac4c8c-a98e-43de-b1fd-79bf5f425b9f
  5. clearing tpm

in Windows 10 Gaming
    clearing tpm: if i clear tpm does it reset my computer back to factory settings and wipe out all the files and data? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clearing-tpm/e2ac4c8c-a98e-43de-b1fd-79bf5f425b9f
  6. clearing tpm

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How to stop TPM screen from appearing?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to stop TPM screen from appearing?: I recently got my laptop's screen replaced in a local computer repair shop. Unfortunately, the screen replacement they had didnt work on my laptop so i had to reuse the original lcd of my laptop. Idk if the one i mentioned above is related to this but anyway, after i got my...
  8. clearing the tpm

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    clearing the tpm: I have an RCA small laptop with windows 10 and I wiped at clear to give to my grandson. At the end a message came up and seems to be stuck there concerning the TPM.I want the TPM to be cleared so he can enter his own information, but it seems to be stuck and wont budge. It...
  9. TPM - Clearing the TPM and restarting still has "clear TPM" highlight

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    TPM - Clearing the TPM and restarting still has "clear TPM" highlight: Lenovo Yoga Laptop Windows 10 - Build 17134 Cleared all BIOS settings and supervisor password. Log in with local admin account. open TPM.MSC Click "clear TPM". no errors or anything pop up. Press F9 when the PC restarts to clear the TPM. Once the machine reboots, I...
  10. Clearing TPM

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clearing TPM: I ha system image backup and am now resetting my Windows 10 laptop so it can be returned for a warranty repair. Is it ok to clear the TPM and will this be restored to my laptop when I restore the system image backup? Many thanks...