Windows 10: How to stop the sync of SharePoint from a logged-out user ?

Discus and support How to stop the sync of SharePoint from a logged-out user ? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,My girlfriend connected on my computer with outlook. Automatically, it started to synchronize its email files onto my computer. When I go in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Luc Cadoret, Feb 21, 2024.

1. How to stop the sync of SharePoint from a logged-out user ?

Hi,My girlfriend connected on my computer with outlook. Automatically, it started to synchronize its email files onto my computer. When I go in the file explorer now, on the home page, I see her files in the "Recent" section. She logged out from Outlook, but it is still showing and synchronizing. Obviously, I can't open the file at all, since it's bound to her account, and I don't have access to it. I even uninstalled OneDrive and Outlook, but the files still keep showing in the "Recent" tab. Please provide me the necessary step to definitely unlink her account to my computer, as there is seem

:)

Luc Cadoret, Feb 21, 2024

2. Sharepoint sync - massive delay - Windows events log file

Hi All,

How do I view the events log?

The M365 team are suggesting taking a manual backup of Sharepoint, then reestablishing a Sharepoint sync "from scratch". Please forgive any knowledge gaps.

They've advised this has a possibility of losing sharepoint data. We are therefore reluctant to perform this step if an event log can point to an alternative fix.

Mary Walker (inbox), Feb 21, 2024
  3. Brink Win User
    OneDrive sync now supports IRM protected SharePoint document libraries

Source: OneDrive sync on Windows now supports IRM protected SharePoint document libraries - Microsoft Tech Community

Brink, Feb 21, 2024
  4. Van Hoof Win User

How to stop the sync of SharePoint from a logged-out user ?

Restore SharePoint mappings in Windows Explorer

All

In my company we use a selfmade tool which makes a backup of network mappings, installed network printers, specific user settings, custom files/folders, ... We are now in a transition to Office 365 and SharePoint.

If you go via a web browser to a SharePoint Document Folder you have a button Sync. This button adds a link to the SharePoint Document Folder in your Windows Explorer.

My goal is to make a backup of these SharePoint links so that I easily can add these links back in Windows Explorer if a user gets a new computer (or in case computer must be reinstalled).

• I found out that these "SharePoint links" are stored in the registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\OneDrive\Accounts
    • I exported that branch out of the registry.
    • Then I stopped the sync of the SharePoint Document Folders in my Windows Explorer so the links are gone.
    • I than imported the registry keys but this does not show the SharePoint Document Folders in my Windows Explorer (even not after a restart)

Does someone know how to solve this?

Van Hoof, Feb 21, 2024
Thema:

How to stop the sync of SharePoint from a logged-out user ?

1. How to stop the sync of SharePoint from a logged-out user ? - Similar Threads - stop sync SharePoint

2. How to stop the sync of SharePoint from a logged-out user ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop the sync of SharePoint from a logged-out user ?: Hi,My girlfriend connected on my computer with outlook. Automatically, it started to synchronize its email files onto my computer. When I go in the file explorer now, on the home page, I see her files in the "Recent" section. She logged out from Outlook, but it is still...
  3. How to remove duplicate folders from SharePoint sync

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to remove duplicate folders from SharePoint sync: When sync'ing with SharePoint the sync starts normally.However, over time our staff are find sync Folder 1 and sync Folder 2 are appearing.I can replicate this in SharePoint sync by stopping the sync and starting again and answering NO when asked to use the existing...
  4. How to remove duplicate folders from SharePoint sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove duplicate folders from SharePoint sync: When sync'ing with SharePoint the sync starts normally.However, over time our staff are find sync Folder 1 and sync Folder 2 are appearing.I can replicate this in SharePoint sync by stopping the sync and starting again and answering NO when asked to use the existing...
  5. How to remove duplicate folders from SharePoint sync

6. How to stop onedrive from syncing

How to stop onedrive from syncing: Hi,I accidentally enabled onedrive and it starting syncing 300+GB of photos to the cloud. I do not want this and I do not need this since I have another backup process in place. It also starting syncing documents which I do not want in the cloud due to security reasons.When...
  7. Removing SharePoint synced files from File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing SharePoint synced files from File Explorer: Hi, Does anyone know if there is a quicker way to remove files from file explorer that are syncing?At the minute I go into OneDrive > Help & Settings > Settings, find the folder and click Stop Syncing.Then I go into File Explorer and delete the folder when the cloud icon has...
  8. MS Teams not syncing with Sharepoint

MS Teams not syncing with Sharepoint: Hello, I am in process of reorganizing my Teams channels - which requires files and folders to be moved around. I have completed this activity in Sharepoint and have synced back to Teams...or at least, tried to sync. The syncs are claiming to be successful and each...
  9. Onedrive Sync / Sharepoint Sync

Onedrive Sync / Sharepoint Sync: Hi In trying to figure out a way to not sync my files in onedrive and sharepoint but still have access to the data stored their via the links in FileManager. We came across Files on-demand on my co-workers computer which works for him but I can't see that setting in my...
  10. Delete another user's local sync OneDrive/Sharepoint files

Delete another user's local sync OneDrive/Sharepoint files: Hi, Prior to me using this computer, my colleague was using it (lets call him Bob). We are all network users but of course it creates local profile and stores data in c:\Users\Bob. Bob is gone now. So I have removed him as a user on this computer, in order to free up...