Windows 10: How to stop the task bar from auto-hiding

Discus and support How to stop the task bar from auto-hiding in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have already disabled auto-hide in the taskbar behavior settings, and restarted my laptop. This does not help. The taskbar still auto-hides. I would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by el_eo, Dec 6, 2023.

1. el_eo Win User

How to stop the task bar from auto-hiding

I have already disabled auto-hide in the taskbar behavior settings, and restarted my laptop. This does not help. The taskbar still auto-hides. I would like to lock it so it is always visible, not just when I hover the mouse over it.

:)

el_eo, Dec 6, 2023
  2. jrowla Win User

Auto hide task bar

If I right click the task bar, I have no Auto Hide selection. How do I auto hide task bar?

jrowla, Dec 6, 2023
  3. Windows 10 Upgrade Task Bar Auto Hide feature not working correctly

I purchased a Lenovo G50 from Microsoft about 4 months ago....it came with Windows 8.1. In mid to late August I upgraded to Windows 10 and now the auto hide feature for the task bar won't keep the task bar hidden. If I reboot my system the auto hide feature
    will work for a period of time, 24 hours or less, and then the task bar stops hiding for some unknown reason. I called support on 4 different occasions (spent a total of about 6 hours on the phone with them) and they have no idea of what the problem may be.
    The best solution they came up with is for me to bring up the Task Manager, in the processes tab scroll down to Windows Explorer, right click then Restart. Then the auto hide feature of the task bar will work for a short period of time but always stops auto
    hiding after a little while. Phone Supports only other suggestion was for me to come here, to the Community, to get a solution. Please help.

MattMattMZ, Dec 6, 2023
  4. How to stop the task bar from auto-hiding

Unable to hide Task bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to hide Task bar. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

a. Right click on the Task bar.

b. Click on Properties.

c. Put a check mark next to ‘Auto-hide’ the task bar.

d. Click on Apply and OK.

If the issue persists try the below steps to restart the Windows Explorer and check if that helps.

Step 1: Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open Task Manager

Step 2: Click on
    More details.

Step 3: Under the Processes tab, right-click on Windows Explorer entry and then click Restart.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Dec 6, 2023
Thema:

How to stop the task bar from auto-hiding

1. How to stop the task bar from auto-hiding - Similar Threads - stop task bar

2. Windows 11 auto-hide task bar is off but the bar still hides.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 auto-hide task bar is off but the bar still hides.: Hello,I'm using a 2-in-1 laptop and I love to have my taskbar always visible while in the touch screen mode. However, the option: "Automatically hide the taskbar" is unchecked and that is what I want. Yet my taskbar always hides regardless of the application I'm using. How do...
  3. Windows 11 auto-hide task bar is off but the bar still hides.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 auto-hide task bar is off but the bar still hides.: Hello,I'm using a 2-in-1 laptop and I love to have my taskbar always visible while in the touch screen mode. However, the option: "Automatically hide the taskbar" is unchecked and that is what I want. Yet my taskbar always hides regardless of the application I'm using. How do...
  4. Why is my task bar not auto hiding?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my task bar not auto hiding?: I have tried searching for an answer to this and I can't seem to figure it out. I went into the taskbar settings and checked the auto hide option. It seems when I drag my mouse to the bottom to bring up the task bar, it comes up just fine. But it doesn't auto hide again. I...
  5. Why is my task bar not auto hiding?

Why is my task bar not auto hiding?: I have tried searching for an answer to this and I can't seem to figure it out. I went into the taskbar settings and checked the auto hide option. It seems when I drag my mouse to the bottom to bring up the task bar, it comes up just fine. But it doesn't auto hide again. I...
  6. How to stop the task bar from auto-hiding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop the task bar from auto-hiding: I have already disabled auto-hide in the taskbar behavior settings, and restarted my laptop. This does not help. The taskbar still auto-hides. I would like to lock it so it is always visible, not just when I hover the mouse over it....
  7. Auto hide task bar turns off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto hide task bar turns off: Hello, ever since my computer decided it would be a good time to upgrade to windows 11 I've had issues with auto hide task bar. Any time i walk away and my system goes to sleep quite often because i move around and work when i log into my system and it opens i have an alert...
  8. Auto hide task bar turns off

Auto hide task bar turns off: Hello, ever since my computer decided it would be a good time to upgrade to windows 11 I've had issues with auto hide task bar. Any time i walk away and my system goes to sleep quite often because i move around and work when i log into my system and it opens i have an alert...
  9. Task bar auto-hiding issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task bar auto-hiding issues: My computer is a Lenovo laptop, running Windows 10. I'm an educator, and my computer setup is controlled, by some extent, by my district IT group. My typical windows setup is to have my task bar set to auto hide/unhide when I'm working. I often have a second monitor plugged...
  10. Task bar auto-hide

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task bar auto-hide: Task bar automatic hide just quit working...can get it to hide momentarily by clicking on/off win start button checked "task bar" settings -- good...re-booted -- no diff...