Windows 10: How to stop the window installer that is running for installing Setup.msi

Discus and support How to stop the window installer that is running for installing Setup.msi in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Dear, Window installer is always running the Setup.msi when window is start open. May I get your guideline to fix it? Please check the below,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ShaneMon, Oct 16, 2018.

1. ShaneMon Win User

How to stop the window installer that is running for installing Setup.msi

Dear,

Window installer is always running the Setup.msi when window is start open.

May I get your guideline to fix it?

Please check the below,

How to stop the window installer that is running for installing Setup.msi ee38100c-7fc3-4ff4-aae8-aea3466d7919?upload=true.png

:)

ShaneMon, Oct 16, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 17, 2018
  3. niko084 Win User
    Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Oct 17, 2018
  4. How to stop the window installer that is running for installing Setup.msi

Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Oct 17, 2018
Thema:

How to stop the window installer that is running for installing Setup.msi

1. How to stop the window installer that is running for installing Setup.msi - Similar Threads - stop window installer

2. can't run/install some .exe/.msi files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't run/install some .exe/.msi files: when i start a .exe it works most of the time, but sometimes it won't start if it does not open, it often does when running it over the CMD, Run as Admin doesn't help, also when installing a .msi file, windows installer doesn't give me any errors app does not open & no error,...
  3. can't run/install some .exe/.msi files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't run/install some .exe/.msi files: when i start a .exe it works most of the time, but sometimes it won't start if it does not open, it often does when running it over the CMD, Run as Admin doesn't help, also when installing a .msi file, windows installer doesn't give me any errors app does not open & no error,...
  4. How do I create a .msi installer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I create a .msi installer?: I've tried to read the documentation of Windows Installer Windows Installer - Win32 apps Microsoft LearnBut its just too confusing as it doesn't exactly tells me HOW TO CREATE AN INSTALLER FILE.I want to know the exact steps....
  5. MSI installer not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSI installer not working: Been getting this error since morning, everything on the web. Any help? I'm running windows 11 insider https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msi-installer-not-working/39fb3aad-e654-4465-9a46-0c629c1c5920
  6. MSI installer not working

MSI installer not working: Been getting this error since morning, everything on the web. Any help? I'm running windows 11 insider https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msi-installer-not-working/39fb3aad-e654-4465-9a46-0c629c1c5920
  7. .msi installers not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    .msi installers not working: I am having trouble installing software which have .msi installers. Every time I select the install location and click 'Next', the installer freezes and shows, "Installer not responding". I have tried .msi installers from different softwares and I'm having the same problem...
  8. .msi cant be installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    .msi cant be installed: I was trying to update wsl to wsl 2. For that you have to run wsl_update_x64.msi, but every time i ran it displayed an error saying "This installation is forbidden by system policy. Contact your system administrator" I didint need wsl that much so I just let it be. A few days...
  9. MSI installer not running from Downloads folder

MSI installer not running from Downloads folder: Hello, I am a developer at Lacuna Software and we are experiencing installation issues on one of our softwares with 1,500,000+ users: MSI installer does NOT run from the Downloads folder with double click MSI installer does NOT run from CMD> msiexec /i...
  10. MSI and Click-to-run installations

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    MSI and Click-to-run installations: So, I have been assisting a Client with a a Project 2016 install. - They currently have O365 as per company licensing and Visio 2013 standard. - I have installed the Project Standard 2016 via the deployment. - Windows 10 - They have a Standard VL license (MAK) which they...