Windows 10: How to stop the Windows 10 Installation Program

Discus and support How to stop the Windows 10 Installation Program in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; In order to update my Windows 10 I started the Windows Installation program. I tried to install win10_1909. However "Searching for updates" stopped at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sijon, Dec 11, 2019.

1. sijon Win User

How to stop the Windows 10 Installation Program

In order to update my Windows 10 I started the Windows Installation program. I tried to install win10_1909. However "Searching for updates" stopped at 46 %. I waited for 10 hours. Still 46 %. Then I tried to stop the installation program, and it says it will "clean up" befor it stops. "This will take several minutes".
    After 12 hours it is still running. How can I stop (close) the installation program. I cannot see it in the activity handler and the ordinary stop button does not work in this case.
    Is it dangerous to stop and try to restart the computer under these circumstances?
    /

:)

sijon, Dec 11, 2019

2. Windows 10 installing progs

I decided to take the plunge and upgrade to windows 10 from 7. I used the Media Creation Tool from MS website. It took awhile, but I am finally running Windows 10 (12-14).

I opened the new App & Program feature to remove programs that I no longer needed. Scrolling down the list, I was horrified! Apps that I didn't install somehow magically installed themselves. Two programs stood out: Facebook and Candy Crush Soda Saga. Both programs have those tale-tale icons that they came from Windows Store (which I've never even opened). The install date for both of them were on 12-26.

Is this a common thing for Windows 10? Or is it because I did an upgrade and not a clean install?

GoFigureItOut, Dec 11, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 11, 2019
  4. How to stop the Windows 10 Installation Program

Windows 10 installing progs

You did an upgrade.

eidairaman1, Dec 11, 2019
Thema:

How to stop the Windows 10 Installation Program

1. How to stop the Windows 10 Installation Program - Similar Threads - stop Installation Program

2. How to stop windows inside program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop windows inside program: How to stop windows inside program https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-windows-inside-program/7ed90374-8f8f-4421-9a3d-309730368c6f
  3. How to stop windows inside program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop windows inside program: How to stop windows inside program https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-windows-inside-program/7ed90374-8f8f-4421-9a3d-309730368c6f
  4. How to stop windows inside program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Programs stop working windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs stop working windows 10: My windows 10 PC will not run any programs. They appear to start then I get a message stating that the program has stopped working. I cannot run setup.exe on my installation media to attempt a repair install....
  6. Programs stop working windows 10

Programs stop working windows 10: My windows 10 PC will not run any programs. They appear to start then I get a message stating that the program has stopped working. I cannot run setup.exe on my installation media to attempt a repair install....
  7. Programs stop working windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. how to stop windows changing default programs

how to stop windows changing default programs: I had the same question going last Sept. It is locked so I am starting a new one.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-windows-changing-default-programs/a5497ccf-729a-4989-9a67-1bcf6fcb4d2eWell the solutions didn't work. Windows again changed my...
  9. how to stop windows changing default programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to stop windows changing default programs: I had the same question going last Sept. It is locked so I am starting a new one.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-windows-changing-default-programs/a5497ccf-729a-4989-9a67-1bcf6fcb4d2eWell the solutions didn't work. Windows again changed my...
  10. how to stop windows 10 from installing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to stop windows 10 from installing: I don't want windows 10 on the other pc , but i think downloaded files for 10 are on it. How do i go about stopping this..if i try to install windows 7 security updates 10 want to install . thanks in advance 43724