Windows 10: How to stop the windows camera app from overriding camera settings like exposure?

Discus and support How to stop the windows camera app from overriding camera settings like exposure? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Razer Kiyo webcam.I have set my camera setting like exposure and other settings in the razer synaps app.But whenever I open the windows camera... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by -_Robin_-, Mar 19, 2023.

1. -_Robin_- Win User

How to stop the windows camera app from overriding camera settings like exposure?

I have a Razer Kiyo webcam.I have set my camera setting like exposure and other settings in the razer synaps app.But whenever I open the windows camera app, it will reset all these settings back to default.When I don't open the windows camera app, but use other things linke obs and discord this does not happen.Also restarting my pc does not change the settings, only opening the windows camera app.Also after fiddling with the camera settings in the camera app: brightness,...I get this pop up in razer synaps when going straigh to the webcam.The current settings on your camera is different from R

:)

-_Robin_-, Mar 19, 2023
  2. grschinon Win User

N95 8GB Camera Over-Exposure

I'd do as Psycho suggested and take it to a Care Point for evaluation. If the camera settings (sensitivity, contrast and exposure compensation) are nominal then it does look like a fault with the phone.

grschinon, Mar 19, 2023
  3. Camera App not working & low FPS rate in Skype/Hangouts

Update:
    It turned out that the driver is okay. The problem with the low FPS was due to improper camera settings.

How I resolved it:
    1] Installed Skype
    2] Tools -> Options -> General -> Video Settings -> WebCam Settings -> Camera control
    3] Override the settings for Exposure & uncheck Low Light Compensation.
    4] Changing the settings in Skype reflect globally on the OS

Unchecking the Low Light Compression considerably increases the FPS rate. In addition, moving the Exposure setting slider left or right can reflect on the FPS in a good way. You just have to find the perfect setting for your camera. Mine was: exposure -4, low light compression unchecked.

Unfortunatelly, that didn't fix the Camera app problem.

mdzhigarov, Mar 19, 2023
  4. How to stop the windows camera app from overriding camera settings like exposure?

Camera defaults to lowest exposure after I added exposure to quickbuttons

I am running VZW HTC 8X w/ 8.1.

when I take a photo with the default camera app, it defaults to the lowest exposure setting even though the default is set to medium. I think this started happening after I linked the exposure setting to the quick menu on the camera app.

JoshTuttle, Mar 19, 2023
Thema:

How to stop the windows camera app from overriding camera settings like exposure?

1. How to stop the windows camera app from overriding camera settings like exposure? - Similar Threads - stop camera app

2. How to stop the windows camera app from overriding camera settings like exposure?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop the windows camera app from overriding camera settings like exposure?: I have a Razer Kiyo webcam.I have set my camera setting like exposure and other settings in the razer synaps app.But whenever I open the windows camera app, it will reset all these settings back to default.When I don't open the windows camera app, but use other things linke...
  3. How to open windows camera from android app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to open windows camera from android app?: I have an android app on Windows 11 using Windows Subsytem System. One of the features requires the ability to pick photos from the gallery. I can only launch the android subsystem's gallery. How can I launch the windows gallery instead of the android gallery?...
  4. Auto Exposure camera issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto Exposure camera issues: I have an HP Pavilion 360 with Windows 10. On Zoom, my exposure keeps changing from overly bright to extremely dim. I need a fix fast. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-exposure-camera-issues/0e1e4028-d03e-47f0-bffd-06d4e7d9a379
  5. Windows 10 Camera "It looks like another app is using the camera already"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Camera "It looks like another app is using the camera already": [ATTACH] My camera suddenly stopped working when I was in a videocall on Microsoft Teams. It turned black and I couldn't start the camera anymore. I tried reinstalling the driver, both from the official Lenovo site (I have a Lenovo IdeaPad C340) and via Windows, that...
  6. Camera rotation on camera app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera rotation on camera app: Hi, I'm using the camera app and my webcam as a visualiser for teaching. However, as I have docked it, I need to rotate the image as the camera is upside down. There doesn't seem to be this feature available on the camera app in Windows.........any suggestions?! Many...
  7. camera App not connecting to the camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    camera App not connecting to the camera: On my laptop Asus Zenbook 15 - UX534FT, during boot, the Hello program has no problem accessing the camera and it does recognize me with no problem. But none of the standard application that require the camera such as Camera, Zoom or Skype seem to be able to access the...
  8. No sound from the camera app

No sound from the camera app: Hello, I'm currently having an issue with the Windows 10 Camera app. I record video, but no sound is coming through on the final product. I have updated the drivers that would do the problem (i.e, Microphone, Sound Card). Still, no sound picked up. Other recording apps...
  9. Camera In-app settings not working

Camera In-app settings not working: The Windows Camera In-App settings is not working after the update on the RCA Cambio version 1. Images also look black and white. Here is my model, and an image of the error code. Model: W101SA23T2[ATTACH]...
  10. Camera app stopped working

Camera app stopped working: oxA00F4271<MediaCaptureFailedEvent>(0xC00D3704) I uninstalled device driver, rebooted and contacted Logitech. Please advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-app-stopped-working/279bc6dc-92d7-4e8d-81b4-c8465b986aa9