Windows 10: How to stop the Windows task bar from going vertical

Discus and support How to stop the Windows task bar from going vertical in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The taskbar on my PC is displayed horizontally at the bottom of the screen. But from time to time after waking up the PC, but not always, it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Michael in Paris, Oct 14, 2021.

1. How to stop the Windows task bar from going vertical

The taskbar on my PC is displayed horizontally at the bottom of the screen. But from time to time after waking up the PC, but not always, it is displayed vertically on the left edge of the screen, without my having selected it. I set it back to horizontal, and then it recurs some days later.How do I stop this from happening?My PC runs Windows 10 Pro build 19043.

:)

Michael in Paris, Oct 14, 2021

2. vertical task bar tp horizantal

How do I restore vertical task bar to horizontal?

Racemaster, Oct 14, 2021
  3. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Oct 14, 2021
  4. How to stop the Windows task bar from going vertical

task bar not responding

Hi,

There are several possible reasons why the task bar is not working as expected. One of them may be caused by a corrupted user profile. In your case, we'd like to ask for additional information to help us determine the appropriate steps to solve the issue.
    Please answer the following:

• Have you made any recent changes or installed updates before the task bar stopped responding?
    • Was the task bar working after you have created the user profile?
    • Have you checked if the issue also exists with the other user profiles?
    • What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    For initial troubleshooting, you can follow the steps in this article:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, Oct 14, 2021
Thema:

How to stop the Windows task bar from going vertical

1. How to stop the Windows task bar from going vertical - Similar Threads - stop task bar

2. How to stop the task bar from auto-hiding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop the task bar from auto-hiding: I have already disabled auto-hide in the taskbar behavior settings, and restarted my laptop. This does not help. The taskbar still auto-hides. I would like to lock it so it is always visible, not just when I hover the mouse over it....
  3. How to stop the task bar from auto-hiding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop the task bar from auto-hiding: I have already disabled auto-hide in the taskbar behavior settings, and restarted my laptop. This does not help. The taskbar still auto-hides. I would like to lock it so it is always visible, not just when I hover the mouse over it....
  4. Vertical Task Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Vertical Task Bar: Hello Team, Please advise if there is a fix for enabling a vertical task bar. Is there an ETA? I have a several wide curve screens requiring efficiency to toggle tools. Please advise....
  5. Vertical Task Bar

Vertical Task Bar: Hello Team, Please advise if there is a fix for enabling a vertical task bar. Is there an ETA? I have a several wide curve screens requiring efficiency to toggle tools. Please advise....
  6. When will vertical task bar be available for windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When will vertical task bar be available for windows 11?: When will vertical task bar be available for windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-will-vertical-task-bar-be-available-for/eeca60e6-48eb-4975-8efb-7ee61382d957
  7. When will vertical task bar be available for windows 11?

When will vertical task bar be available for windows 11?: When will vertical task bar be available for windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-will-vertical-task-bar-be-available-for/eeca60e6-48eb-4975-8efb-7ee61382d957
  8. Vertical light bar - won't go away

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Vertical light bar - won't go away: I have a vertical light bar on my desk top and it stays on top of every page I open up. The slide is full on all the time and I can't move its position. Any idea how I can get rid of it? Thank you! Chicki...
  9. Displaying day of week on an narrow vertical task bar.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Displaying day of week on an narrow vertical task bar.: Rick Kelso's Reply on displaying the day of the week on the task bar didn't go quite far enough for what I wanted. With Rick's solution I had to hover over the time display to see the long date format which was set to display both the day and date. I'm retired and do not...
  10. vertical task bar tp horizantal

in Windows 10 Customization
    vertical task bar tp horizantal: How do I restore vertical task bar to horizontal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/vertical-task-bar-tp-horizantal/690c2d98-5881-4ea9-b9b0-64ce9ccb8c6f