Windows 10: How to stop this from happening, this appeared when i use my phone to connect to tha...

Discus and support How to stop this from happening, this appeared when i use my phone to connect to tha... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/scrumpious_pie [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/scrumpious_pie, Mar 23, 2021.

1. How to stop this from happening, this appeared when i use my phone to connect to tha...

/u/scrumpious_pie, Mar 23, 2021
  2. IvanRF Win User

Windows 10: Phones appearing in Network

Yesterday, Network listing on Windows 10 file explorer showed me one external phone. Thus, I changed my router WiFi password just in case.

Nevertheless, I checked this today and I found 5 new phones appearing randomly for a few seconds.

I've found a similar question here, but no solution.

Here is an screenshot:

How to stop this from happening, this appeared when i use my phone to connect to tha... mx4HW.png

If I double click that I see: Model: LG-E465g, MAC: 48:59:29:b4:8d:87.

This happens on two PCs that were recently upgraded to Windows 10:

• one is connected through Ethernet (desktop PC)
    • the other through WiFi (and I disabled Bluetooth)

I hadn't seen this issue before. I guess these are phones trying to connect to my network, I just don't understand why Windows shows them if they are not connected to my router.

Update: If I hide my SSID this issue stops. As soon as my router SSID is visible, phones start appearing again.

Update 2: I tried MAC filtering but is useless.

IvanRF, Mar 23, 2021
  3. meebers Win User
    Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Mar 23, 2021
  4. MrHudson Win User

How to stop this from happening, this appeared when i use my phone to connect to tha...

WiFi stops working on my laptop when my flatmate's phone is connected

They're saying there is a driver issue with Win 10 and old hardware. not sure on that cause I have similar problem, shows I am connected but my music App's will stop after a while then start back. I have the iHeart APP it will be playing then no sound but you open APP and it shows that the music is playing away.
    My opinion, there is something internal causing the problem of shared/conflicts. bridging everything together.
    In System Information under Hardware Resources there is a Conflict/Sharing. I have a few listed in it showing PCI to PCI Bridging.

MrHudson, Mar 23, 2021
Thema:

How to stop this from happening, this appeared when i use my phone to connect to tha...

1. How to stop this from happening, this appeared when i use my phone to connect to tha... - Similar Threads - stop happening appeared

2. How to stop Media Player opening when I connect my mobile phone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop Media Player opening when I connect my mobile phone: i try to send pictures from cell phone to computer & media player keeps opening ?i never had this problem before as i just plugin & click ok on cellphone & pictures upload to my file .why cant i upload to one-drive instead of google drive ? mike *** Email address is removed...
  3. How do I stop this from happening.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I stop this from happening.: Hello to the forums. I run a dual boot Dell Inspiron 15R 5521, with Windows 7 and 10 installed. I have 2 hard drives, one for all the operating systems and one for files. The hard drive for files is being used with a DVD to SATA adapter. One of my family members needed to...
  4. How do I stop this from happening.

How do I stop this from happening.: Hello to the forums. I run a dual boot Dell Inspiron 15R 5521, with Windows 7 and 10 installed. I have 2 hard drives, one for all the operating systems and one for files. The hard drive for files is being used with a DVD to SATA adapter. One of my family members needed to...
  5. How to stop Media Player opening when I connect my mobile phone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop Media Player opening when I connect my mobile phone: I have a Samsung A5 2017 model mobile which I have been using to download photos that I've taken...been using it in Windows 10 on same P for several years...now after a fresh install of Windows 10 Home 21H2 Build 19044.2130 when ever I plug my mobile in...up pops the Windows...
  6. How to stop Media Player opening when I connect my mobile phone

How to stop Media Player opening when I connect my mobile phone: I have a Samsung A5 2017 model mobile which I have been using to download photos that I've taken...been using it in Windows 10 on same P for several years...now after a fresh install of Windows 10 Home 21H2 Build 19044.2130 when ever I plug my mobile in...up pops the Windows...
  7. How to stop Media Player opening when I connect my mobile phone

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. HELP! I can't connect my notebook to My Phone App when using WiFi from my phone!!

HELP! I can't connect my notebook to My Phone App when using WiFi from my phone!!: So the issue is as follows: I like to connect to the internet on my notebook by using the WiFi router from my cellphone Android, provided by its 4G connection. The thing is, whenever I connect my notebook to WiFi using my cellphone router, I cannot connect into my...
  9. How do I stop this from happening?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I stop this from happening?: This happens several times during the day and I have to close and re-open, sometimes it opens properly sometimes I have to completely close to open properly. Its been like it for a few months now and no one I ask in the office seems to be able to sort it. I lose all the top...
  10. Files appear as folders when phone connected.

in Windows 10 Support
    Files appear as folders when phone connected.: I've had this issue for a while (since Win7, and now on Win 10), and it has occurred on several PC's. When I connect my Android phone by USB and open the phone in Windows File Explorer some files stored on the phone aren't being displayed correctly. Mostly it's zip, rar...