Windows 10: How to stop this notification "Update virus protection" in Windows Defender?

Discus and support How to stop this notification "Update virus protection" in Windows Defender? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So now and then I receive a notification to update the virus definitions inside Windows Defender. It looks like this:I want to stop it as it's really... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KahanBhalani, Jun 24, 2021.

1. How to stop this notification "Update virus protection" in Windows Defender?

So now and then I receive a notification to update the virus definitions inside Windows Defender. It looks like this:I want to stop it as it's really annoying. I know that security updates are very important. So, I want to know a way to either automatically update the virus definitions OR if it's not possible for some reason, just want to disable this notification.Thanks.

:)

KahanBhalani, Jun 24, 2021
  2. HM Hadley Win User

Windows 10 notification keeps reporting Turn on Virus Protection

Original Title: Defender

Windows 10 notification keeps reporting "Turn on Virus Protection. Virus protection is turned off. Under Settings/Update & Security/ Windows Defender all the options show "On", including Real Time Protection. However the settings are greyed out and I cannot
    try turn off and then back on. Any suggestions as to how to fix defender?

HM Hadley, Jun 24, 2021
  3. Cannot turn on Windows Defender virus protection

I had the same sort of symptoms. In the Windows Security Center, under Virus and threat protection, it said "Your virus & threat protection is managed by your organization."

How to stop this notification "Update virus protection" in Windows Defender? wm5Jc.png

I note you mentioned the Registry Keys under HKLM/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows Defender. Nice spotting, but it seems like there is another key that is causing the problem for some users.

Steps to a solution:

1. Press the Windows key and type "regedit"
    2. On the regedit icon that appears, right-click and select Run as Administrator.
    3. Navigate to the folder located at HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender (You can paste this into the address box at the top of the window, or navigate manually using the side directory structure)
    4. In this folder, there are probably two keys. Right-click and Delete the DisableAntiSpyware key.
    5. Exit regedit, and return to the Windows Defender settings screen (refresh it if necessary). Windows Defender should have the scan options available and working.

Solution adapted from here, with a much more detailed solution here.

MechtEngineer, Jun 24, 2021
  4. How to stop this notification "Update virus protection" in Windows Defender?

Disable notification of Windows Defender after turning it off

Hello Nick,

I realize that you want to stop the notification for the Windows Defender. We will help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if the issue resolves.

• Press Start Button and type Security and Maintenance.
    • Select Security and Maintenance. Left pane select Change Security and Maintenance setting.
    • Uncheck the Virus Protection.
    • Click Ok. Check if the issue resolves.
    Please post to us if you are facing any further issues. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 24, 2021
Thema:

How to stop this notification "Update virus protection" in Windows Defender?

1. How to stop this notification "Update virus protection" in Windows Defender? - Similar Threads - stop notification Update

2. How to stop Virus & Threat Protection notifications

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to stop Virus & Threat Protection notifications: I'm using the below settings and yet, I'm receiving the notification also seen below every time a full scan has been completed. Even when no threats were found. Not sure if it's a bug or something I missed? I'm on Windows 10 21H1. 180883
  3. How to stop Virus & Threat Protection notifications

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop Virus & Threat Protection notifications: I'm using the below settings and yet, I'm receiving the notification also seen below every time a full scan has been completed. Even when no threats were found. Not sure if it's a bug or something I missed? I'm on Windows 10 21H1. 180883
  4. How to disable Virus & Threat Protection notifications

How to disable Virus & Threat Protection notifications: I'm using the below settings and yet, I'm receiving the notification also seen below every time a full scan has been completed. Even when no threats were found.Not sure if it's a bug or something I missed?I'm on Windows 10 21H1....
  5. Windows Defender Virus and threat protection stopped

Windows Defender Virus and threat protection stopped: Pressing the restart button just leads to an error that leads to nothing. I don't have any 3rd party antivirus software either https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-virus-and-threat-protection/1a433900-e659-493f-9619-0bd17ece5a9d
  6. Virus protection on windows defender

Virus protection on windows defender: My virus protection on windows defender will not scan as it states that I am using another provider although I have not subscribed to any other provider . This is a recent occurrence (2 days) . Any ideas?...
  7. Windows Virus and Thread Protection Update Notifications

Windows Virus and Thread Protection Update Notifications: I have searched support and I am unable to solve my issue with any method previously posted. I receive multiple threat protection update definition notifications per day. I have tried turning off the notifications using group policies, and that did not work with the current...
  8. Windows defender Virus Protection

Windows defender Virus Protection: I had uninstalled Third Party Antivirus Software after its validy After that I can not able to switch on Windows Defender Virus Protection . It is showing message your virus and protection is managed by your organization Pl help to restore the setting by switching on...
  9. Virus & threat protection / Windows Defender AntiVirus keeps stopping

Virus & threat protection / Windows Defender AntiVirus keeps stopping: Windows Defender AntiVirus keeps stopping. I don't have another one installed, and it keeps saying I have limited access even though I own this copy. Anyone else get this error? [ATTACH]...
  10. Notification - Check virus protection

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification - Check virus protection: Hi I have recently being advised by Notification to check virus protection. Dialog reads: Windows Defender Antivirus and multiple other antivirus apps are turned off. Tap or click to see installed antivirus. After clicking on a dialog box appears Titled Security and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to disable virus and threat protection notification