Windows 10: How to stop touchpad clicking/highlighting?

Discus and support How to stop touchpad clicking/highlighting? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Version 1803 1-2 months ago I installed an update that makes my touchpad click on things when I tap on it, which I want to stop. I have scoured... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by d_podo, Feb 8, 2019.

1. d_podo Win User

How to stop touchpad clicking/highlighting?

Version 1803

1-2 months ago I installed an update that makes my touchpad click on things when I tap on it, which I want to stop. I have scoured settings and searched online about it to no avail. I also occasionally highlight things when going over them by accident, which I want to stop as well.

:)

d_podo, Feb 8, 2019

2. Why does action center keep poping up when I click the touchpad?

Hi Andrew,

To assist you better regarding your concern with the action center, we suggest that you follow these steps and see if it'll help resolves the concern:

• Right the Windows icon.

• Select Device Manager.

• Right click on Touchpad, then select Disable.

• Confirm selection - touchpad is disabled

• Repeat the steps, this time select Enable Touchpad.
    Let us know how it goes.

Carlos Tin, Feb 8, 2019
  3. Jomarkz Win User
    TouchPad Mouse not clicking

Same thing is happening to my touchpad. Device properties and driver all showing as working fine, but when I double or single click (touch) the pad, no response! Yet, while typing in Word, my cursor backspaces, highlights and erases entire sentences and words without me even realizing it until they're gone! This may be a settings fix (the "word suggest" function during typing). Possibly an incompatibility with the driver and OS?

Jomarkz, Feb 8, 2019
  4. How to stop touchpad clicking/highlighting?

Upgraded to Windows 10, now all single left clicks on my touchpad are double clicks.

Hi Mark,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

This issue may occur due to corrupted or incompatible drivers, missing updates, incorrect device settings or hardware problems.

Method 1:

Let's first run hardware and troubleshooter and check.

• Open Control Panel.
    • Type “Troubleshooting “in the search box and hit
      enter.
    • Click on Hardware and sound.
    • Click on Hardware and device and follow the on-screen instructions.
    Method 2:

If the issue is not resolved, I would suggest you to un-install and re-install touchpad driver from the manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Un-install the drivers:

Follow these steps:

• Click on Start icon.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Right click on the
      touchpad drivers and select “Uninstall”.
    • Restart the computer once it is uninstalled.
    Step 2:

I would suggest you to install latest touchpad driver from the manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Feb 8, 2019
Thema:

How to stop touchpad clicking/highlighting?

1. How to stop touchpad clicking/highlighting? - Similar Threads - stop touchpad clicking

2. how to right click hold on a touchpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to right click hold on a touchpad: Hello - on Windows 11, how can one set the laptop touch pad so that a double click becomes a right click hold if I hold down two fingers. Currently on my touchpad a two finger click gesture is a right click of the mouse. I would like to simulate right click and hold on the...
  3. how to right click hold on a touchpad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to right click hold on a touchpad: Hello - on Windows 11, how can one set the laptop touch pad so that a double click becomes a right click hold if I hold down two fingers. Currently on my touchpad a two finger click gesture is a right click of the mouse. I would like to simulate right click and hold on the...
  4. How to stop keyboard from highlighting games?

How to stop keyboard from highlighting games?: So my keyboard has been making the asterisk sound for windows everytime i press a key and i foundf out why but have no clue on how to fix it. if a press a letter that one of my games start with it will highlight it. For example for Fortnite if i press F on my key it will...
  5. How to stop keyboard from highlighting games?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to stop keyboard from highlighting games?: So my keyboard has been making the asterisk sound for windows everytime i press a key and i foundf out why but have no clue on how to fix it. if a press a letter that one of my games start with it will highlight it. For example for Fortnite if i press F on my key it will...
  6. Suddenly the Right click on touchpad stopped working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Suddenly the Right click on touchpad stopped working: Laptop Lenovo Thinkbook 16P , Less than 1 year oldThe Original OS was Windows 11Pro --> Right click was working OKThe Current OS is Windows 10 Pro v 22H2 built 19045.2846 Down gradedA few days ago the Right click stopped functioning.What I did :* Uninstalled & Reinstalled the...
  7. Suddenly the Right click on touchpad stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suddenly the Right click on touchpad stopped working: Laptop Lenovo Thinkbook 16P , Less than 1 year oldThe Original OS was Windows 11Pro --> Right click was working OKThe Current OS is Windows 10 Pro v 22H2 built 19045.2846 Down gradedA few days ago the Right click stopped functioning.What I did :* Uninstalled & Reinstalled the...
  8. Suddenly the Right click on touchpad stopped working

9. How do I stop my touchpad from stopping when clicking/playing a game?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I stop my touchpad from stopping when clicking/playing a game?: My touchpad stops whenever I click and no I don’t have synaptics. Just A Lenovo Pc. Could anyone help? submitted by /u/Xenovia-Ranger [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gb293y/how_do_i_stop_my_touchpad_from_stopping_when/
  10. TouchPad click

in Windows 10 Customization
    TouchPad click: How can I stop the click sound when I use the TouchPad? There is nothing in the settings for this. Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-click/89e388d2-5054-4142-8ac3-be825c6c8e77

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to stop highlighting when clicking