Windows 10: How to stop update 1903. Losing work!

Discus and support How to stop update 1903. Losing work! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello All My two Thinkpads are unable to install Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903. A lot of people have this problem with other machines as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AnthonyGiorgianni1, May 29, 2020.

1. How to stop update 1903. Losing work!

Hello All

My two Thinkpads are unable to install Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903. A lot of people have this problem with other machines as well - my friend has a Dell laptop and my wife a Lenovo not Thinkpad. All the machine restart and then report back that the install was unsuccessful - different error codes.

We have researched the problem thoroughly and checked so many different things, we are exhausted and decided to forgo 1903. The problem is that, every few weeks, Windows insists on trying to install it yet again - even if we press remind me later. It simply restarts my machine without even prompting me to save what I'm doing. As a result, I've lost so much work. Then the machine hang up as it tries to install this uninstallable update. And I have to try to recover what I was doing.

I really do not want to get into trouble shooting this anymore. I just want to know if there is a way to stop Windows from trying to force this update. I've tried disabling Windows Update. But the update keeps coming back.

Any suggestions? Many thanks!

:)

AnthonyGiorgianni1, May 29, 2020

2. Windows Feature Update 1903

Hi Sara209

Greetings! I am Vijay, an Independent Advisor. The steps which you have undertaken to block updates won't work for any feature update. Feature updates need to be blocked temporarily by using different steps.

But, I will suggest that you should not try to stop 1903 feature update. Let it happen.

Do let me know if you have any more question or require further help.

Vijay_Verma, May 29, 2020
  3. My device is not recommanded to update 1903. Is this need to stop the update of 1903 manually?

My device is an old laptop. Lenovo does not test my device anymore.

Is this need to stop the update of 1903?

or let 1903 install first and then roll back?

Now the 1903 update is started today. It is fortunate that the update stops itself because it needs more disk space.

My device is not listed in the Lenovo tested device list. My system was not tested by Lenovo and updated drivers may not be available. If I want to proceed with upgrading or updating an untested device, refer to the Microsoft
    Windows Help
    website.

Will Microsoft provide generic drivers for the hardware as part of Windows 10, but some features and functionality may be lost?

https://support.lenovo.com/hk/en/solutions/ht508488

Windows 10 update on 1903, May 29, 2020
  4. How to stop update 1903. Losing work!

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, May 29, 2020
Thema:

How to stop update 1903. Losing work!

1. How to stop update 1903. Losing work! - Similar Threads - stop update 1903

2. Please stop the automatic updates. I keep losing my work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please stop the automatic updates. I keep losing my work.: Im a contractor. I have to deliver work. I work long productive hours. This morning I have again lost all my work. I'm restarting now. Thats about 5 hours of my day gone. When I want an update I'll come looking. Dont force me please....
  3. Please stop the automatic updates. I keep losing my work.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Please stop the automatic updates. I keep losing my work.: Im a contractor. I have to deliver work. I work long productive hours. This morning I have again lost all my work. I'm restarting now. Thats about 5 hours of my day gone. When I want an update I'll come looking. Dont force me please....
  4. HELP! Losing work update 1903

HELP! Losing work update 1903: Hello All I'm desperate for help. I've posted about this before, but I'm still at a loss. My Win 10 Pro computer keeps trying to install update 1903, which simply will not install. I checked Windows Update, and my Thinkpad W530 has tried and failed to install this...
  5. Version 1903 update stopped my bluetooth working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Version 1903 update stopped my bluetooth working.: On 03 Oct 19 my windows got updated to version 1903. Unfortunately it broke my bluetooth completely. I can neither add a bluetooth device nor can connect to already paired devices. I did sfc/ scannow. Found some corrupt files but can not mend them. Please access to my log...
  6. Interactive Projector stopped working after 1903 update

Interactive Projector stopped working after 1903 update: Greetings everyone, I have a pretty sizable number of Epson Brightlink interactive projectors which after the last cumulative update for 1903 suddenly stopped allowing for desktop interactivity. I've managed to get one to function by removing the USB extension cable and...
  7. After 1903 update audio jack stop working.

After 1903 update audio jack stop working.: I have updated windows 1903, now audio jack doesn't work. If you put headphones and then restart my laptop, it start working in next boot. And after that if I remove headphones and re-plug it stop working. Speakers working fine, I have update all drivers, removed audio...
  8. Photoshop and Snagit Stopped working after Windows 1903 Update

Photoshop and Snagit Stopped working after Windows 1903 Update: Have re-installed Photoshop CS6 and Snagit several times - didn't resolve the problem. Downloaded Techsmith's Jing, still wouldn't work. Please help....
  9. My Second Screen stopped working after updating to 1903

My Second Screen stopped working after updating to 1903: I updated my PC from 1803 to 1903 yesterday and everything worked fine, till I put it in Power Saving mode, after that my second screen would only show something for about 8 seconds after Starting the PC. I tried restarting, re-installing drivers etc. but it didnt help, after...
  10. Windows 10 Mail stopped working after 1903 update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail stopped working after 1903 update.: Hi, Window 10 Mail stopped working after 1903 update. Multiple email accounts in there deleted and now not able to add email accounts in there. Whenever tried to add an account , it gives error code 0X80054005. Already did the reset and re-installed. [ATTACH]...