Windows 10: how to stop updates from running

Discus and support how to stop updates from running in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; windows home edition 64 bit I occasionally disable windows updates from d/l to save bandwidth usage today I did that and it says stopping but after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by genso, Feb 19, 2019.

1. genso Win User

how to stop updates from running

windows home edition 64 bit I occasionally disable windows updates from d/l to save bandwidth usage today I did that and it says stopping but after several hours hasn't. how can I spot it without using system restore?

:)

genso, Feb 19, 2019

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Feb 19, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond how to stop updates from running :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 19, 2019
  4. jbunch07 Win User

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile how to stop updates from running :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Feb 19, 2019
Thema:

1. how to stop updates from running - Similar Threads - stop updates running

2. VmmemWSA process - How to stop it from running when no VM is running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VmmemWSA process - How to stop it from running when no VM is running: I recently have came across this process that is using about 340 MB of RAM. I read that turning off unmark/ uncheck hyper v would fix it but it does not. I have been searching for awhile now but I have not been able to find any way to fix this....
  3. VmmemWSA process - How to stop it from running when no VM is running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VmmemWSA process - How to stop it from running when no VM is running: I recently have came across this process that is using about 340 MB of RAM. I read that turning off unmark/ uncheck hyper v would fix it but it does not. I have been searching for awhile now but I have not been able to find any way to fix this....
  4. HOW DO YOU STOP BIOS UPDATE FROM RUNNING AND RUNNING?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW DO YOU STOP BIOS UPDATE FROM RUNNING AND RUNNING?: HOW DO YOU STOP BIOS UPDATE FROM RUNNING AND RUNNING? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-stop-bios-update-from-running-and/91921e5b-bfa9-4728-a0bb-0d7aab1a1e2b
  5. HOW DO YOU STOP BIOS UPDATE FROM RUNNING AND RUNNING?

HOW DO YOU STOP BIOS UPDATE FROM RUNNING AND RUNNING?: HOW DO YOU STOP BIOS UPDATE FROM RUNNING AND RUNNING? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-stop-bios-update-from-running-and/91921e5b-bfa9-4728-a0bb-0d7aab1a1e2b
  6. How to stop a program from running as admin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to stop a program from running as admin: I have a program that runs with elevated privileges when I double click on the icon. I do not want it to run with elevated privileges but I have not been able to figure out how to turn it off.I checked the following places:1.Right Click on the shortcut -> Advanced -> Run as...
  7. How to I stop MoUsoCoreWorker.exe from running or get it to run & end?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to I stop MoUsoCoreWorker.exe from running or get it to run & end?: Win10: v20H2 (OS Build 19042.804) This has only been a issue for the last few weeks, not entirely certain but I believe since the last monthly Windows update in February and certainly not before the January update. PS C:\Windows\system32> powercfg /requests DISPLAY: None....
  8. How to stop Microsoft Edge from running

in Browsers and Email
    How to stop Microsoft Edge from running: I went Settings/Apps& Features/Microsoft Edge/Advance Options and turned them all off. However it must still be running because when I clean my temporary files there are more than 100 entries from Microsoft Edge. How do I shut of Microsoft Edge? Windows 10 Pro 64-bit version...
  9. How to stop Microsoft Edge from automatically running

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop Microsoft Edge from automatically running: Hello! How to stop Microsoft Edge from automatically running every time I start Windows 10? Thank you in advance, Nenad 136612
  10. last update stopped program from running

last update stopped program from running: Update earlier today has caused e-sword not to run. I updated from 7 to 10 in oct or nov and had no problems running e-sword I ran repair, no help, I uninstalled and reinstalled, no help. Windows says has problem and will notify me of a solution, (yeah right.) 50431