Windows 10: How to stop using OneDrive and keep my files safe

Discus and support How to stop using OneDrive and keep my files safe in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; OneDrive lost some of my files and I want to stop using it. A OneDrive folder has replaced my usual Document and Photos files on my hard drive. How do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jan-4a, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Jan-4a Win User

How to stop using OneDrive and keep my files safe

OneDrive lost some of my files and I want to stop using it. A OneDrive folder has replaced my usual Document and Photos files on my hard drive. How do I disconnect everything without losing more data?

:)

Jan-4a, Jun 13, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jun 13, 2019
  3. OneDrive - Bait and switch (but to what?)

Yea, they just stopped giving unlimited space to Office subscribers as well. I use google drive, dropbox and I do use onedrive, but nothing major in onedrive. I read something about Amazon has that's not bad and is fairly cheap. It's called "Amazon Glacier". It's $0.007 per gigabyte per month, but it's not like google drive or onedrive. You upload your files and hours later you can get access to it. So, for backups it's not a bad solution, but if you need access to the files regularly then it wouldn't be.

Mindweaver, Jun 13, 2019
  4. How to stop using OneDrive and keep my files safe

Onedrive

Hi Hiatt,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to refer the article Find
    lost or missing files in OneDrive
    for more information regarding the missing files.

If the issue still persists please follow the steps to contact
    OneDrive support for further assistance on this issue.

1. Login to OneDrive.com.
    2. Click the ? Help icon on the top banner of the page.
    3. Select Email OneDrive support for the further assistance.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

How to stop using OneDrive and keep my files safe

1. How to stop using OneDrive and keep my files safe - Similar Threads - stop using OneDrive

2. My onedrive keeps on sync and the files are one in Onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My onedrive keeps on sync and the files are one in Onedrive: Onedrive Sync https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-onedrive-keeps-on-sync-and-the-files-are-one-in/80578ffe-b47b-4470-a95b-a6d22a9e01bc
  3. OneDrive keeping my files hostage?!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive keeping my files hostage?!: If I stop syncing in one drive then my files are not available on my computer... only in OneDrive?? I want to put my personal stuff back on my personal computer and keep my work stuff on its own computer. I would like to share just a few files. But somehow they have all...
  4. OneDrive keeping my files hostage?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive keeping my files hostage?!: If I stop syncing in one drive then my files are not available on my computer... only in OneDrive?? I want to put my personal stuff back on my personal computer and keep my work stuff on its own computer. I would like to share just a few files. But somehow they have all...
  5. OneDrive keeping my files hostage?!

6. Onedrive How to stop file go to onedrive in que

Onedrive How to stop file go to onedrive in que: There are two file that seem to be in a loop in the onedrive que. I have not been able to stop the transfer to onedrive. This has been going on for 24 hours. The same two file seem to be transfering then showing back up in que...
  7. Onedrive How to stop file go to onedrive in que

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive How to stop file go to onedrive in que: There are two file that seem to be in a loop in the onedrive que. I have not been able to stop the transfer to onedrive. This has been going on for 24 hours. The same two file seem to be transfering then showing back up in que...
  8. OneDrive is being weird Or how to stop using it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    OneDrive is being weird Or how to stop using it: Hey guys,since i've never really used cloud services to store my data I just accepted OneDrive storing my data online What's the matter, can't hurt. However today I received a 5GB warning, that the OneDrive storage is full. I didn't want to receive this warning every startup...
  9. OneDrive: How can I keep my files on the cloud, but not on my PC (stop syncing)?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OneDrive: How can I keep my files on the cloud, but not on my PC (stop syncing)?: So I bought OneDrive to back up all my files. I want them safe on the cloud, in case something happens to my PC. I do not want them on my PC, since they clog it up. And I already have them on my PC (as I said, OneDrive is just a backup). But OneDrive always starts syncing! It...
  10. How to I stop using OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to I stop using OneDrive?: Im recently new to windows so I don’t know much. All my desktop icons and files are synced with onedrive. So if i try to stop using onedrive or delete them from onedrive, they just delete from the desktop. I keep getting notifications that my onedrive is almost full. Can I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows10 onedrive how to keep files on pc

2. how to get rid of onedrive without losing files

3. how my files are safe on onedrive

4. one drive keep documents safe,
  5. how to stop onedrive and keep files