Windows 10: How to stop UWP process group from suspending my Search function and other apps?

Discus and support How to stop UWP process group from suspending my Search function and other apps? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; In task manager Search and a few other apps have a green leaf symbol with the message: "This UWP process group is suspending processes to improve... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Davidweb1337, Mar 25, 2020.

1. How to stop UWP process group from suspending my Search function and other apps?

In task manager Search and a few other apps have a green leaf symbol with the message:

"This UWP process group is suspending processes to improve system performance"

I have 16gb ram In the performance tab it says im using 23% of memory and 1% cpu so idk why its suspending.

Any help is much appreciated.

submitted by /u/Davidweb1337
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Davidweb1337, Mar 25, 2020

2. UWP App Suspension in Task Manager

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

You might see the green leaf with suspended state beside the Minecraft app/program. However, the Green leaf shown beside any process is normal. The green leaf lets you know that the process is ready to use but is in suspended state.

This allows the computer to consume less RAM without affecting the performance of the processes. In other words, Windows puts the applications/processes in Ready state or blocks them from being executed by the processor until requested
    by user.

In this scenario we would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the app and check.

1. Press Windows + I key to Launch
      Windows Settings

2. Click Apps and select Apps & features from the left pane
    3. Scroll and select Minecraft and select Uninstall.
    4. Restart the PC and then reinstall from Microsoft Store.

Please refer this article for additional information:
    The Lifecycle of a UWP App

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Mar 25, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Apps/processes being suspended!

Sorry you can't follow those. I can only suggest them.

The main idea of the first is the impact of an AV
    It therefore follows that you could consider which AV you are using.

In the second a solution found was
    It therefore follows that you could consider trying that, if meaningful in your case.

Note the final para of that thread indicates that is game-related- i.e. not a Windows service.

Conclusion:
    Both of these point to a 3rd party program being installed causing processes to be suspended.

It therefore follows that should you see if you have anything a bit unusual installed that is having the effect you are seeing.

dalchina, Mar 25, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

How to stop UWP process group from suspending my Search function and other apps?

dalchina, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

How to stop UWP process group from suspending my Search function and other apps?

1. How to stop UWP process group from suspending my Search function and other apps? - Similar Threads - stop UWP process

2. how to stop uwp procesess group from suspending my processess

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to stop uwp procesess group from suspending my processess: whenever i go to windows update in settings it crashes and my windows shell experience host is suspended https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-uwp-procesess-group-from-suspending-my/a834de99-8f58-4ba9-b5f7-22a0a3ba6184
  3. how to stop uwp procesess group from suspending my processess

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to stop uwp procesess group from suspending my processess: whenever i go to windows update in settings it crashes and my windows shell experience host is suspended https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-uwp-procesess-group-from-suspending-my/a834de99-8f58-4ba9-b5f7-22a0a3ba6184
  4. UWP Suspending Processes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UWP Suspending Processes: Why in Windows 11 in Task Manager am I getting the pause symbol and the message “This UWP process is suspending processes to improve system performance” next to 6 or 7 processes and apps all the time including apps I’m currently using....
  5. UWP Suspending Processes

UWP Suspending Processes: Why in Windows 11 in Task Manager am I getting the pause symbol and the message “This UWP process is suspending processes to improve system performance” next to 6 or 7 processes and apps all the time including apps I’m currently using....
  6. This UWP process group is suspending processes to improve system performance

in Cortana
    This UWP process group is suspending processes to improve system performance: When I try to type onto something from applications that is built-in like File explorer, Start when I search something, Settings it doesn't register or type for some reason but when I type onto other applications like browser, game launchers, games it works perfectly fine. I...
  7. This UWP process group is suspending processes to improve system performance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This UWP process group is suspending processes to improve system performance: When I try to type onto something from applications that is built-in like File explorer, Start when I search something, Settings it doesn't register or type for some reason but when I type onto other applications like browser, game launchers, games it works perfectly fine. I...
  8. This UWP process group is suspending processes to improve system performance

9. UWP suspending processes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    UWP suspending processes: Task Manager : Green Leaf Icon : "This UWP process group is suspending processes to improve system performance".This is the current problem. I require some tools to run for longer times or easiest of all a windows search over say 10,000+ files. After a few minutes UWP...
  10. Search Bars and Green Leaf This UWP process is suspended ...

in Cortana
    Search Bars and Green Leaf This UWP process is suspended ...: I cannot type on the search bar near start button, and on the file search bar in folders. Also, I cannot type on microsoft store search bar. Furthermore, I cannot use kp_enter and backspace on calculator. I can only write 5*7 but cannot use kp_enter to get 35. Similarly, I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to stop uwp from suspending processes

2. how to fix this uwp process group is suspending processesto improve performance

3. how to disable uwp process group

4. fuwp process suspended to improve performance,
  5. windows suspend process tonimprove performance grou0,
  6. disable uwp suspend prevent ,
  7. disable uwp suspend,
  8. uwp process group is suspending process and not resetting,
  9. how to fix the uwp apps suspension,
  10. Win10 this uwp process group is suspending