Windows 10: How to stop Videos from Auto-playing in Microsoft Edge browser

Discus and support How to stop Videos from Auto-playing in Microsoft Edge browser in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Microsoft Windows 10 v1809 has added options that let you allow or disable video autoplay in Microsoft Edge. You can stop them from playing on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Oct 6, 2018.

1. WinClub New Member

How to stop Videos from Auto-playing in Microsoft Edge browser

WinClub, Oct 6, 2018

2. videos auto playing in "Edge"

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to clear the cache and cookies from Microsoft Edge and check.

Follow the steps to clear the cache and cookies from Microsoft Edge.

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Under Clear browsing data, click on Choose what to clear.
    • Select the options and click on Clear button.

If the issue still persist, you may also turn off the Adobe Flash player, which is integrated in Microsoft Edge.

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click on view advance settings option.
    • Turn off use Adobe Flash player.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Oct 6, 2018
  3. Edge browser no longer plays youtube videos

after I applied a windows update my edge browser no longer plays youtube videos; any ides / suggestions?

VinceMilum, Oct 6, 2018
  4. liyufx Win User

videos auto playing in "Edge"

It is not flash, it is HTML 5. To allow video play automatically by default is insane. Not sure how this becomes the standard. On other browsers there are plugins to stop it, but apparently that is not coming to Edge anytime soon. This may be the only
    reason that is preventing me to switch to Edge ATM. MS, please bake it right into the browser itself, and make it the default!

liyufx, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

1. How to stop Videos from Auto-playing in Microsoft Edge browser - Similar Threads - stop Videos Auto

2. Edge not stopping videos automatically playing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge not stopping videos automatically playing: I have the latest Edge and am presently excited about it not stopping videos from automatically playing. Yes, I have set it to Block and once in a while that will stop videos from playing but 99% of the time, it does not. Obviously from what I'm gathering, there is no way...
  3. How to stop iTunes from auto-playing a song

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop iTunes from auto-playing a song: iTunes is the ONLY application left for me that will play WAV files. Problem is, once this short ( ~ 15 seconds) WAV is finished, it auto-plays some music or lecture that I ripped from a CD. How do I turn this auto-play off? I like my iPhone and iPad, *Smile but I really,...
  4. Videos not playing on browsers

in Browsers and Email
    Videos not playing on browsers: SOLVED: I have Windows 10 N that do not include a needed package. Go to settings > apps > Optional features > add a feature > Media feature pack install it, restart, wait for an update, install the update and restart and you should be good to go. Hi there, first of all my...
  5. Videos not playing on browsers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Videos not playing on browsers: Hi there, first of all my Windows Version number is : 1909 (build 18363.535) Some time ago I updated from windows 7 to 10. Today I completely formatted the PC though. I had some issues with the update (from 7 to 10) that's why I decided to format it and cleanly install...
  6. amazon prime video stopped playing in microsoft edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    amazon prime video stopped playing in microsoft edge: Amazon prime video always played fine using Edge browser till a couple days ago. Now it won't even allow me to click on a selection, or sometime it does it takes minutes to load, or times out with code 7017. I have google fiber gigabyte service so I have plenty of bandwidth....
  7. How to stop auto play videos on websites in Edge

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to stop auto play videos on websites in Edge: I just purchased a Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 and Edge. I was under the impression that I could easily stop the annoying auto play videos on websites but I cannot figure out how to do so. I've seen posts about Internet Explorer and Active X but that doesn't seem to apply...
  8. Stop videos from auto playing in FireFox

in Browsers and Email
    Stop videos from auto playing in FireFox: It seems with every upgrade of FireFox, I have to find a new way of stopping videos from auto-playing in websites. Does anyone know how to stop them on this version: [img] 128337
  9. Microsoft edge browser and videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft edge browser and videos: I have noticed that when I use Microsoft edge browser to play videos online or if I am on a webpage with ads running videos my computer screen turns black. It doesn't happen every time but it happens often. I am using Windows 10. I know it isn't my screen since I can close...
  10. How to Auto save credentials in IE,Edge Browser?

in Browsers and Email
    How to Auto save credentials in IE,Edge Browser?: Hello everyone, i want to auto save credentials during sign in instead of doing manually. is there any way please guide me? [img] Thanks. 79550

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stop edge auto play videos

2. suddenly auto playing videos in linkedin or twitter stopped on microsoft edge

3. stop edge browser from auto playing videos

4. how to stop videos from auto playing in edge,
  5. How can stop playing on Microsoft,
  6. stop videos from playing in edge browser,
  7. how to stop media playing edge browser