Windows 10: how to stop web result showing in search

Discus and support how to stop web result showing in search in Cortana to solve the problem; Can i disable web result to not showing in my search box and show only file and floder in my laptop??... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by piero_palmieri, Apr 3, 2021.

1. how to stop web result showing in search

Can i disable web result to not showing in my search box and show only file and floder in my laptop??

:)

piero_palmieri, Apr 3, 2021
  2. Jan Pac Win User

how to stop web results showing in search

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query here in Microsoft Community.

Here's how you stop web results from showing up on every search you do on Windows 10 while improving local results for files, apps, and settings:

• Click to open the search box in the taskbar.
    • Click the Notebook icon.
    • Click Settings from the list of options.
    Note: On Windows 10 build 14316 and later versions the Settings button to access Cortana setting may appear outside of Notebook in the navigation pane on the left.

4. On the Settings page, turn off the Cortana can give me suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option.

5. After disabling Cortana, turn off the Search online and include web results option.

You will now notice that the search box in the taskbar no longer says "Ask me anything," instead, it reads "Search Windows," indicating that you have completed the task. Try to do a search one more time, and this time, you'll see that search results will
    no longer appear.

In the case you need a more advanced search experience, type your search query, and click the
    Search my stuff button. In the advanced search section, you can sort results by relevance or time, and you can limit the result to a particular category (e.g., Documents, Settings, apps, etc.).

Keep in mind that stopping web results from showing up in the taskbar search box will also turn off Cortana in your system, which means that you'll have to make the decision of which experience is more important to you.

Let us know if it helps.

Regards.

Jan Pac, Apr 3, 2021
  3. windows explorer search won't show any results

Windows explorer search won't show any results. I've tried the 10 step method listed in the web search. no luck.

Jim Ampulski, Apr 3, 2021
  4. Anne Ros Win User

how to stop web result showing in search

Turn Off Web Search Results When Searching My Computer

Hi,

If you are pertaining to the Cortana search web results, you can disable it and improve local search results. Follow the steps below to disable web results:

• Click the search bar.
    • Select the Notebook icon on the left pane of the search bar.
    • From the options, select Settings. (Note: On the later versions of Windows, the Settings button might be outside the Notebook icon.)
    • On the Settings, toggle the Cortana gives me suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option to
      Off.
    • On the lower part, turn off the Search online and included web results option as well.

See the image as reference to the above steps:

how to stop web result showing in search 7c9e0858-2114-462b-b171-63b6e7d3089d.jpg

After doing the steps, try using search again and see if the web results will now disappear.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post your query anytime.

Anne Ros, Apr 3, 2021
Thema:

how to stop web result showing in search

1. how to stop web result showing in search - Similar Threads - stop web result

2. How to enable web results in windows search

in Cortana
    How to enable web results in windows search: My Edition -Windows 10 Home Single LanguageWindows version--21H2OS Build---19044.1706My windows search web results are not availablehow can i enable web results in windows search...
  3. How to enable web results in windows search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable web results in windows search: My Edition -Windows 10 Home Single LanguageWindows version--21H2OS Build---19044.1706My windows search web results are not availablehow can i enable web results in windows search...
  4. Web search results

in Cortana
    Web search results: Hi, my name is Sumiyuru I am using a windows 10 home operating system hp I have a problem in the search box, as experienced in my other 2 computers when I search something in the web it immediately gives me web results but in my hp computer in the search box when I search...
  5. Windows Search Not Showing Web Results

in Cortana
    Windows Search Not Showing Web Results: I have been using a Windows 10 Professional from the past 4 months and from yesterday the Windows Search was not showing any Web Results. I am from India and according to this article:...
  6. how to disable web results in search boxmenu?

in Cortana
    how to disable web results in search boxmenu?: hi, as the title says, i want to disable whole web searching in search menu as it just slows down my pc and i never use it anyway. please suggest some way to disable it? also, is there a way to safely remove cortana app and its related services? i am using windows 10 2004...
  7. Cortana stopped showing web results

in Cortana
    Cortana stopped showing web results: Cortana search from the Taskbar recently stopped including web results. I've tried the following: 1. Rebooting my computer 2. Rebuilding my search index 3. Stopping/restarting the Windows search service 4. The solution posted by Vijay_Verma that involved running the...
  8. Disable web results in search

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disable web results in search: What am I missing here to stop getting web results when searching for stuff on my PC? Enabling "Do not allow web search" does....nothing..... [img] [img] 120609
  9. Search and how to stop searching the web.

in Windows 10 Support
    Search and how to stop searching the web.: I sometimes want to search just my PC for files but search brings up internet files. How do I stop search going on to the internet please? 24877
  10. Search only shows Web Results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search only shows Web Results: When I search for something in the search bar, now I am only getting web results. I am not getting computer related items. For example, if I search for printers, I only get web results about printers. I am not getting anything about the printers I have installed on this...