Windows 10: How to stop Win 10 File History constantly changing the window to File Explorer?

Discus and support How to stop Win 10 File History constantly changing the window to File Explorer? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm using Win 10 Backup File History with the default setttings from Setting > Backup to copy my hard disk. Unfortuately it keeps beeping and changing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Andrew3wt, Jul 5, 2021.

1. Andrew3wt Win User

How to stop Win 10 File History constantly changing the window to File Explorer?

I'm using Win 10 Backup File History with the default setttings from Setting > Backup to copy my hard disk. Unfortuately it keeps beeping and changing the active window to File Explorer. Can I stop this and how please?Many thanks

:)

Andrew3wt, Jul 5, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 5, 2021
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    File History restart

Hi Jim,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forums.

To change the backup drive for File History, the current process should be stopped. I suggest you to try the steps listed below to stop file history on an older drive and restart it on a new drive:

Change File History backup drive:

• Open Settings and navigate to Update & Security > Backup.
    • Click on More Options, scroll down to locate
      Backup to a different drive section, and choose Stop Using Drive.
    • Plug in the new storage drive, navigate to Settings > Update & Security > Backup,
      and choose Add a Drive.
    • Restart File History and configure it by referring to the article

File History in Windows

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jul 5, 2021
  4. How to stop Win 10 File History constantly changing the window to File Explorer?

File history saves only files when the size changes

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you have an issues with finding modification date for the files, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

I would like to inform that, by default you will be able to see the created on, accessed and modified dates when you right click on the file and select properties.

Also, I suggest you to change the settings the File History and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key and type File History and select
      File History Settings.
    • Click on More option, See advanced settings, wait a while and click on
      Advanced settings.
    • Under Versions you will see the options:
    • Save copies of files
    • Keep saved versions
    Modify them according and check if it helps.

To know more about File Explorer in Windows 10 refer to: What's changed
    in File Explorer

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for any assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 5, 2021
Thema:

How to stop Win 10 File History constantly changing the window to File Explorer?

1. How to stop Win 10 File History constantly changing the window to File Explorer? - Similar Threads - stop File History

2. Recent Win 10 Change of File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recent Win 10 Change of File Explorer: Win 10, File Explorer used to auto update when a new file was added to the folder, Now the file does not update until you change folder then return. Was this a recent change. in Win 10? Win XP had a command to update folder display, but I do not see such a command?I ended up...
  3. Recent Win 10 Change of File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent Win 10 Change of File Explorer: Win 10, File Explorer used to auto update when a new file was added to the folder, Now the file does not update until you change folder then return. Was this a recent change. in Win 10? Win XP had a command to update folder display, but I do not see such a command?I ended up...
  4. Recent Win 10 Change of File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File History Backup Win 10

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    File History Backup Win 10: I have read many articles over the last 10 years extolling the use of the built in Windows File History facility. Many years ago whilst using Windows 7 I became suspicious of its value as an effective file backup regime when I could not find a few files in the history backup....
  6. Win 10 File Explorer Search History

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 File Explorer Search History: I had a number of search windows open when File Explorer crashed. I would like to recover all of the search strings from "Search History" but the Recent Searches dropdown list only has a few of them. How can I access the full list? Thanks....
  7. File History stopped.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File History stopped.: My computer Windows 10 has stopped file history from working. I turned on file history and its still not working> Any Answers? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-history-stopped/1613aca1-c747-41f6-ade9-d87258cac210
  8. How to REPLACE Win 10 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to REPLACE Win 10 File Explorer: Hello all, my first post here, since it seems IMPOSSIBLE to google up anything useful about this question. I'm not exactly sure whether I'm in the correct subforum, but it did say "tweaks" which seems to fit. I can't help starting with a little rant, distasteful as it may...
  9. Under Win 10, file explorer stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    Under Win 10, file explorer stopped working: The file explorer stopped working. I tried to start the sfc /scannow utility, however the dos cmd prompt for admin does not come up. I tried a regular dos command, but apparently does not have admin privileges. My computer account has admin privileges. Any advise? 18876
  10. Clear File Explorer History in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Clear File Explorer History in Windows 10: How to: Clear File Explorer and Run Dialog Box History in Windows 10 How to Clear File Explorer and Run Dialog Box History in Windows 10 Clearing File Explorer history deletes the information Windows saved about the files and folders you use as well as what you've typed...