Windows 10: how to stop win defender from having the red X icon

Discus and support how to stop win defender from having the red X icon in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; the recent update has forced defender to show this icon and yes i am running windows 10 pro 1803 why because all other versions breaks software... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by michaelhiltunen, Jun 14, 2020.

1. how to stop win defender from having the red X icon

the recent update has forced defender to show this icon and yes i am running windows 10 pro 1803 why because all other versions breaks software compatibility so im forced to stay on ver. 1803 so microsoft thinks its a good idea to place that red X icon indicating theres something seriously wrong with my system when its just there desperate attempt to make me get there software breaking feature updates

:)

michaelhiltunen, Jun 14, 2020
  2. Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jun 14, 2020
  3. bhaydis Win User
    Windows Defender Red X

I ran the first scan an no integrity errors were found.

The second suggestion came up with "No component store corruption detected. The operation completed successfully" and "[==========================100.0%==========================] The restore operation completed successfully.

The operation completed successfully." The red X on the Windows Defender icon continues.

The issue is that the icon in the notifications tray shows the red X and when I hover over it, it says "Actions needed." Yet, when I open up Windows Defender, all the areas show green Xs and say there are no actions needed. So, the third suggestion above
    only takes me there where there's nothing to be troubleshot, even though the icon says there are actions needed.

Right-clicking on the choices when I click on the icon I get this error message: "Page not available. Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item to tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information."
    Which makes no sense as this is a personal computer at home. I'm the IT department.

There's got to be something with this April update causing this, as it never happened until then.

bhaydis, Jun 14, 2020
  4. bhaydis Win User

how to stop win defender from having the red X icon

Windows Defender Red X

So, my computer shows a red X on the Windows Defender icon in the notifications tray. But, when I open up Windows Defender, everything is fine. This has been going on continually since the April 18 Windows update. What gives? I've started ignoring the
    error message, but what if there IS an actual error? How will I know? What's the fix, Microsoft?

bhaydis, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

how to stop win defender from having the red X icon

1. how to stop win defender from having the red X icon - Similar Threads - stop defender having

2. Speaker Icon With Red X

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speaker Icon With Red X: Hello I Have A Speaker Icon With A Red X In My Lower Left Side Of My Computer Screen .I Can't Get Rid Of It By Right Clicking The Mouse Go Right Through It .Is There A Way To Remove It ?...
  3. Speaker Icon With Red X

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speaker Icon With Red X: Hello I Have A Speaker Icon With A Red X In My Lower Left Side Of My Computer Screen .I Can't Get Rid Of It By Right Clicking The Mouse Go Right Through It .Is There A Way To Remove It ?...
  4. Speaker Icon With Red X

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Speaker Icon With Red X

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speaker Icon With Red X: Hello I Have A Speaker Icon With A Red X Above The Windows Search Box How Do I Get Rid Of It ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speaker-icon-with-red-x/5fee0f10-4bb1-4d90-9746-e25825a6dab7
  6. Red X on speaker icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Red X on speaker icon: I had downloaded a few optional updates from settings, and the next thing I see is that there is a red X on my sound icon, its happened to me many times before, for me the solution is to reset your computer, its now the 4th time that I've been resetting my PC now. I've...
  7. Red X on speaker icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Red X on speaker icon: I had downloaded a few optional updates from settings, and the next thing I see is that there is a red X on my sound icon, its happened to me many times before, for me the solution is to reset your computer, its now the 4th time that I've been resetting my PC now. I've...
  8. Red x icon meaning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Red x icon meaning: Problem with start up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/red-x-icon-meaning/d2f89e2e-e284-4aaa-8edf-8c7add726f2b
  9. Red "X" on the sound icon.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Red "X" on the sound icon.: So i have tried everything from here to remove the "X" https://troubleshooter.xyz/wiki/4-ways-to-fix-red-x-on-volume-icon/ Including re-installing the realtek drivers. The windows troubleshooter is not working either. So i am completely blank at this moment. So if theres...
  10. Red x on network icon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Red x on network icon: This is Vista question, but I usually get better results here. The network icon on my wife's desktop has a red X on it. I right clicked and it ran some kind of diagnostics and supposedly sent a message to MS, who I'll never hear from, I'm sure. My desktop is fine...no red x...