Windows 10: How to Stop Window 10 from shutting down after a time interval

Discus and support How to Stop Window 10 from shutting down after a time interval in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi All: I recently purchased a Thinkpad-T360s Laptop with Win 10 Pro (Build 1909 18363.418). I already have a local network with Win 10 Home, and Win 7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by syntel, Apr 16, 2020.

1. syntel Win User

How to Stop Window 10 from shutting down after a time interval

Hi All:
    I recently purchased a Thinkpad-T360s Laptop with Win 10 Pro (Build 1909 18363.418). I already have a local network with Win 10 Home, and Win 7 Pro laptops working correctly.

I run three web sites with my current home-based server (the Win 7 Machine). I wish the new laptop to ultimately replace my old reliable Win 7 machine (which is an older thinkpad).

Problem: While testing my new laptop, and 'setting' it to *never* go to sleep, I left it on yesterday all thru last nite. This morning, it had turned itself completely *off*. But, I want it to stay on all the time 24/7 !

My old Win 7 laptop has been running for three years plus now with only being turned off momentarily about once or twice per month. I wish my new laptop to operate in the same fashion.

Question: What settings will allow the new Win 10 Pro server to stay *on* and active 24 hours per day even with no visitors to my sites ?

Thanks for any suggestions.
    -Mel Smith

:)

syntel, Apr 16, 2020

2. Screen shut down at different intervals

Thank you Ron; but that is the first thing I did when I installed the operating system. That was the fist thing I did on any operating system I installed. Even though, I did it again just to make sure; no luck. Besides, the screen "shuts off" at different
    times. I believe it a Malware program. Any suggestions?

I appreciate your help,

David

David J. Spinelli, May 23, 2020
  3. Windows 10: How to change a theme slideshow time interval?

If you want to set intervals of your choice, you can do it by modifying the registry. Please follow the below steps to set the slideshow intervals:

1. Open Run and type regedit.exe
    2. Navigate to:
      HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Personalization\Desktop Slideshow

In here, the two important values are the Interval, and Shuffle.

Double click on Shuffle, and change the value to 1. OK.

Then change the Interval by double clicking on it. You'll first want to change the Base to Decimal, rather than Hexadecimal (otherwise you'll get unexpected interval values). Then change the value to your desired time, in milliseconds (10000ms for 10 seconds).

You can exit regedit now. The final step is to restart Explorer. You can do this through Task Manager if you know how, otherwise simply restart your computer.

user9081124, May 23, 2020
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Delta6326, May 23, 2020
Thema:

1. How to Stop Window 10 from shutting down after a time interval - Similar Threads - Stop Window shutting

2. How to stop windows from automaticly shutting down?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to stop windows from automaticly shutting down?: So I want to keep my computer running 24/7, no updates, no restart, nothing. It keeps on popping up windows restarting in 10 minutes and I use "shutdown -a" but that gets me so far. All my power setting are never going to sleep or turning off. Is there anything I can do for...
  3. Windows 10 doesn't shut down after time change

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 doesn't shut down after time change: Hi all,yesterday I noticed my time wasn't right, so I opened the control panel and I've unchecked and checked again the automatic time. So the time now is perfect. But when I'm going to shut down the laptop it just log me off and send me back to the login page, so the only...
  4. Windows 10 is shutting down after some time in sleep mode.

Windows 10 is shutting down after some time in sleep mode.: Sometimes, I put my laptop in sleep for a break. If I come back quickly enough, it turns on again and I can continue my work. But if I leave it for long enough, when I open my laptop, I find that it has been shut down and is now booting up. I can't quite say after how much...
  5. How can I stop windows from shutting down after the battery critically low notification?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I stop windows from shutting down after the battery critically low notification?: My laptop has wierd battery problem, it thinks it's out of juice when there's still a decent 40% left in there. It shows the battery critically low notification and then goes to sleep. When I turn it back on without charging it, it'll go another 1 to 1 and 1/2 hours...
  6. how shut down windows 10

how shut down windows 10: How to close windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-shut-down-windows-10/e4d2de3b-9bc9-4d7b-903d-2027f0528710
  7. SHUT DOWN TAKING TIME

SHUT DOWN TAKING TIME: HELLO THERE I HAVE DELL XPS 15 9570. IT USED TO SHUT DOWN INSTANTLY I MEAN THE SCREEN USED TO TURN OFF INSTANTLY BUT NOW IT IS TAKING 10-15 SECONDS TO TURNOFF. WHEN I ENABLE VERBOSESTATUS TO KNOW WHAT IS HAMPERING THE PC I GOT THESE MESSAGES: PLEASE WAIT FOR PROSVC...
  8. shuts down at specific time windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    shuts down at specific time windows 10: Hello, 4 years ago when the window update was really buggy, I set it to update and restart at a specific time 12:07pm. Over the years my schedule has changed and windows still automatically turns itself off without any warning at 12:07 although I paused updates, changed...
  9. PC shut down after time change..

PC shut down after time change..: It happened just now - I noticed that the system clock was showing the wrong time, so I*went to clock and set it to internet time (I chose the second option in the list) - it reset to the correct time, but then immediately afterwards the screen filled with little green and...
  10. Unresponsive(dead) After shut down For Random Time

in Windows 10 Support
    Unresponsive(dead) After shut down For Random Time: Hello, After shutting down, putting my computer to sleep, or shutting the lid, My computer becomes entirely unresponsive. The power button does nothing, the lights to indicate it is plugged in are dark, the computer seems to be dead. After a random period of time, ranging...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft.comhttps://www.thewindowsclub.com/how-to-remote-shut-down-or-restart-your-windows-10-computer