Windows 10: how to stop windows 10 audio output volume resetting to 100%

Discus and support how to stop windows 10 audio output volume resetting to 100% in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When any communications action happens, the output volume returns to 100%. I have tried all the fixes below, which came from this forum. Please... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Christopher C. Lanz, Jan 7, 2024.

1. how to stop windows 10 audio output volume resetting to 100%

When any communications action happens, the output volume returns to 100%. I have tried all the fixes below, which came from this forum. Please advise.Windows 10 Pro 22H2 64 bit OS, x64-based processorIntelR CoreTM i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60 GHz32 GB ramHERE ARE ALL THE THREE FIXES I HAVE TRIED:Method 1: * Go to system tray, right click on Speaker Icon and select Sounds.* Now go to Communication tab,* There select Do Nothing radio button and click Apply and OK. Now see if the problem still persist. Method 2: Update driver through Device Manager and see if it fix the issue.&

:)

Christopher C. Lanz, Jan 7, 2024

2. Fixate output volume 100%

Hello theking2

Im Juliet and Im happy to help you how to stop windows 10 audio output volume resetting to 100% :)

To ensure that the volume on your PC remains fixed at 100%, you can follow these steps:

1. Locate the volume control icon in the system tray on your PC's taskbar. It is usually represented by a speaker icon. Alternatively, you can access the volume settings by right-clicking on the speaker icon and selecting "Open Volume Mixer" or "Open Sound Settings."

2. Once you open the volume settings, you should see a volume slider. Set it to the maximum level, which is typically represented as 100%. This will set the volume level on your PC to the maximum.

3. Next, make sure your PC's audio output is set to the correct audio device, which, in this case, is the receiver. To do this, right-click on the volume icon and select "Open Sound Settings" or "Playback devices."

4. In the Sound Settings or Playback devices window, you should see a list of audio output devices. Locate your receiver or the audio output device that is connected to your receiver. It might be labeled as the receiver's brand name or as an HDMI or audio output port.

5. Select your receiver or the appropriate audio output device, and make sure it is set as the default audio device. You can usually do this by right-clicking on the device and selecting "Set as Default Device" or "Set as Default Communication Device."

6. Once you have set the receiver as the default audio device, the volume control on your PC should no longer affect the volume level. Instead, the volume will be controlled solely by the receiver. Adjust the volume on the receiver to the desired level.

By following these steps, you should be able to set your PC's volume to 100% and control the volume exclusively on your receiver.

Juliet Erum, Jan 7, 2024
  3. sandyt Win User
    output volume

I don't know precisely how the math goes, but it goes something like this. Windows default volume is -6 dB (66 on the 100 scale). Right click to get dB.
    how to stop windows 10 audio output volume resetting to 100% 399163d1697400238t-output-volume-s1.png
    Then you look at the particular audio chipset you have on your computer, then look at the datasheet to look at the maximum output voltage.
    how to stop windows 10 audio output volume resetting to 100% 399164d1697400296t-output-volume-s2.png
    Then you convert that maximum output voltage into dBV.
    how to stop windows 10 audio output volume resetting to 100% 399165d1697400371t-output-volume-3.png
    So the Realtek ALC662 audio chip will have the 2.92 dBV as its maximum analog audio line-out output. Since the reference level is -10dBV, the audio chip has 12.92 dB of "headroom". Since the default Windows volume is -6 dB, the ALC662 will output at -3.08 dBV or 0.701 Volts. Since the reference level is -10 dBV, you are getting 6.92 dB above the reference level.
    how to stop windows 10 audio output volume resetting to 100% 399166d1697400978t-output-volume-s4.png
    This is actually most useful in setting microphone levels. Look at the ADC maximum input at 1.4 Volts (2.92 dBV). So your microphone will have 12.92 dB of headroom. If you plug in your 3.5mm headset into this computer, you set the microphone level to be at -13 dBFS on the DAW. This is the best microphone gain setting for this particular computer with the ACL662 audio chipset.

sandyt, Jan 7, 2024
  4. how to stop windows 10 audio output volume resetting to 100%

Have windows 10, and suddenly my audio stopped

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As the above description is not clear, do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the exactly issue you are facing with audio and how exactly are you trying to access it?
    • What exactly do you mean by: Have windows 10, and suddenly my audio stopped?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system, prior to this issue?

I suggest you to install all the pending updates and audio drivers and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the audio drivers from Device Manager and check.

Steps:

• Right click on the Start
      button from the desktop and select Device Manager.

• Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on
      High Definition Audio Device and click on Update driver software.

• Also, try to search for the drivers with the help of model number of your computer from the Manufacturer’s website and install them.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 7, 2024
Thema:

how to stop windows 10 audio output volume resetting to 100%

1. how to stop windows 10 audio output volume resetting to 100% - Similar Threads - stop audio output

2. how to stop windows 10 audio output volume resetting to 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to stop windows 10 audio output volume resetting to 100%: When any communications action happens, the output volume returns to 100%. I have tried all the fixes below, which came from this forum. Please advise.Windows 10 Pro 22H2 64 bit OS, x64-based processorIntelR CoreTM i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60 GHz32 GB ramHERE ARE ALL THE THREE FIXES I...
  3. how to stop windows 10 audio output volume resetting to 100%

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to stop windows 10 audio output volume resetting to 100%: When any communications action happens, the output volume returns to 100%. I have tried all the fixes below, which came from this forum. Please advise.Windows 10 Pro 22H2 64 bit OS, x64-based processorIntelR CoreTM i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60 GHz32 GB ramHERE ARE ALL THE THREE FIXES I...
  4. Fixate output volume 100%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fixate output volume 100%: My pc is connected to a receiver. Volume is controlled on the receiver so the pc should be fixed to 100%. How do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fixate-output-volume-100/608ffac7-fe34-4a54-8e08-e92127dbbabc
  5. Fixate output volume 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fixate output volume 100%: My pc is connected to a receiver. Volume is controlled on the receiver so the pc should be fixed to 100%. How do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fixate-output-volume-100/608ffac7-fe34-4a54-8e08-e92127dbbabc
  6. How to set the output volume at 0dB on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set the output volume at 0dB on windows 10?: I have to set up some audio monitors and in order to calibrate them, I have to set the audio interface output to 0dB, but since I don't own an audio interface, I use the direct 3.5mm output from my computer instead. This means that the output volume is determined by Windows'...
  7. Volume keeps resetting to 100% randomly.

Volume keeps resetting to 100% randomly.: Around 2 months ago I bought a Blue Yeti Nano. The first few weeks it did fine, then it started to mess up all the time. I thought it was discord causing it, but whether I'm in a Google Meet, playing games, or just talking, it'll randomly get louder. It's really frustrating...
  8. Microphone keeps resetting to 0 or 100 volume in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microphone keeps resetting to 0 or 100 volume in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Many people use a Microphone with the computer for conversing with friends or colleagues online, audio recording, gaming etc. However, at times they find that their microphone keeps resetting to 0 or 100 volume. I know it can be very annoying and if you are facing the...
  9. Microphone volume automatically resetting to 100%.

Microphone volume automatically resetting to 100%.: Hi, I have Windows 10 Home 64-bit installed on my laptop with Realtek audio drivers. I need to configure my earphone's in-line mic so as to catch the least background noise. Also it is too loud. Noise was fixed when I turned on noise reduction and AEC but to reduce the...
  10. Windows 10 does not remember volume settings and resets to 100%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 does not remember volume settings and resets to 100%: Hey guys, Im getting really desperate here. Volume Mixer does not remember whatever I set it to, eg. I have Chrome on 25% but whenever I restart the program it just jumps back to 100%. The same with all other apps or programs. Ive tried all google has to offer me, such as;...