Windows 10: How to stop Windows 10 from asking for a password to log on

Discus and support How to stop Windows 10 from asking for a password to log on in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; There are two users on my Windows 10 PC: me and my wife. We both use Microsoft accounts rather than local I know how to automatically log in to one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AkashKS, Feb 16, 2020.

1. How to stop Windows 10 from asking for a password to log on

There are two users on my Windows 10 PC: me and my wife. We both use Microsoft accounts rather than local

I know how to automatically log in to one account every time, but that's not what I'm trying to do.

I've also turned off W10 asking for a password when waking from sleep, but that also doesn't achieve what I'm trying to achieve.

What I want is to turn on the PC, and it to load up the lock screen so we can choose which user is using the machine. But for Windows to not require a password or PIN regardless of which user is chosen.

(There's nothing nefarious to this, we both know each other's passwords and PINs, so it's just to make signing in easier and just be able to click the correct user and the desktop to load without further input required.)

Is this possible?

Thank you.

submitted by /u/AkashKS
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AkashKS, Feb 16, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Feb 16, 2020
  3. Windows Startup password

Is it possible to remove a startup password without being able to log into the system? A friend's laptop just prompt her today for a password that she never enabled. Now, she does have a standard user account password, but that doesn't work for the startup password. She had the computer for about a year now and it has never asked for a startup password until today.

I tried to use Hiren Boot CD to run a diagnostic on the laptop, but it has a bsod. Windows 10 normal boot crashes as well

GoFigureItOut, Feb 16, 2020
  4. Alfred001 Win User

How to stop Windows 10 from asking for a password to log on

How to stop W10 from asking me for my Outlook password at log in

Every time I start my computer Windows asks me for the password that I log onto Outlook with (I guess it's called Microsoft ID), but it doesn't do this on my laptop. Is there a way to get it to stop doing this?

Alfred001, Feb 16, 2020
Thema:

How to stop Windows 10 from asking for a password to log on

1. How to stop Windows 10 from asking for a password to log on - Similar Threads - stop asking password

2. How do I stop Windows 10 from asking for password at startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop Windows 10 from asking for password at startup: I already unchecked the "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" in User Accounts and restarted but still the same !...
  3. How do I stop Windows 10 from asking for password at startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop Windows 10 from asking for password at startup: I already unchecked the "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" in User Accounts and restarted but still the same !...
  4. How do I stop Windows 10 from asking for password at startup

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to stop Windows 10 from Logging in Accounts with Password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to stop Windows 10 from Logging in Accounts with Password: So I have two accounts with passwords on my laptop. Whichever account was used last before the computer was shutdown it the account it defaults to after you press a key on the lock screen. Apparently Windows is like loading this persons information as if they had logged in...
  6. How do I stop Windows 10 from asking for a password at sign-in?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I stop Windows 10 from asking for a password at sign-in?: I would like for my Windows 10 computer to open to my desktop without having to enter a password. How do I get this done? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-windows-10-from-asking-for-a/c3a868d3-d854-4551-891a-3bb34f0d336d
  7. Windows 10 Log In Constantly Asking for Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Log In Constantly Asking for Password: My Windows 10 operating system used to allow me to sign in without putting in my password, and all of a sudden, it asks every time the monitor goes to sleep and the operating system closes a website before I am ready to close it, or I do not want it closed at all. How do I...
  8. how to stop PC from asking to enter the password?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to stop PC from asking to enter the password?: My PC always requires me to sign in, and enter the password when I turn it on. It irritates me a lot because it is only me who has access to this machine....
  9. Windows 10 stopped asking for password from sleep

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 stopped asking for password from sleep: HELP!!! Hi. For some reason, my Windows 10 on my desktop pc has stopped asking me for my password when waking it from sleep. It was working fine until recently. I'm not sure if an automatic update has caused the issue or not, but, I really want to protect my computer from...
  10. How to stop W10 from asking me for my Outlook password at log in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to stop W10 from asking me for my Outlook password at log in: Every time I start my computer Windows asks me for the password that I log onto Outlook with (I guess it's called Microsoft ID), but it doesn't do this on my laptop. Is there a way to get it to stop doing this? 98903