Windows 10: How to stop Windows 10 from installing class driver for a printer?

Discus and support How to stop Windows 10 from installing class driver for a printer? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How to stop Windows 10 from installing class driver for a printer? I was installing Ricoh Aficio MP C3300 on Windows 10 & it kept installing class... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jackin, Oct 6, 2018.

1. jackin Win User

How to stop Windows 10 from installing class driver for a printer?

1. How to stop Windows 10 from installing class driver for a printer?
    2. I was installing Ricoh Aficio MP C3300 on Windows 10 & it kept installing class driver automatically without giving me option to manually browse to the driver location to pick driver ".inf" file that i downloaded from Ricoh driver support page.
    3. I ran devmgmt.msc as admin > Print queues > right-clicked Ricoh Class Driver > Update driver > says best driver already installed.
    4. Will not give option to browse to the driver location.
    5. How can i stop Windows 10 Pro x64 from installing class driver and install the driver i downloaded by browsing to the driver location?

:)

jackin, Oct 6, 2018

2. "No printers have been installed" after the HP Printers were installed with windows 10 approved drivers

Hi,

Thank

you for your reply. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this. I suggest you to try running Windows app troubleshooter and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to try running Printer troubleshooter and check if it fixes the issue. To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Printer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Method 2:

This issue may arise due to printer’s driver incompatibility with Windows 10. I suggest you to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if it helps.
    To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

• Right click on printer’s driver that you have downloaded from manufacturer website.
    • Click/tap on Properties.
    • Check the Run this program in Compatibility mode for under
      Compatibility tab
    • Select Windows 8.1/8 from the drop down under
      Compatibility mode section.
    • Click on Apply and Ok.
    • Install the drivers, restart PC and check if issue is resolved.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Oct 6, 2018
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Oct 6, 2018
  4. How to stop Windows 10 from installing class driver for a printer?

Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

How to stop Windows 10 from installing class driver for a printer?

1. How to stop Windows 10 from installing class driver for a printer? - Similar Threads - stop installing class

2. Our Brother printer is installed with Microsoft IPP Class Driver, and this driver doesnt...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Our Brother printer is installed with Microsoft IPP Class Driver, and this driver doesnt...: I have uninstalled and reinstalled with drivers and software downloaded from the official Brother website, however I haven't been successful installing the Brother driver and settings. Do I need to remove Microsoft IPP Class Driver from the Device manager? Do I need to...
  3. Our Brother printer is installed with Microsoft IPP Class Driver, and this driver doesnt...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Our Brother printer is installed with Microsoft IPP Class Driver, and this driver doesnt...: I have uninstalled and reinstalled with drivers and software downloaded from the official Brother website, however I haven't been successful installing the Brother driver and settings. Do I need to remove Microsoft IPP Class Driver from the Device manager? Do I need to...
  4. how to install printer drivers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to install printer drivers?: how do yu install printer drivers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-printer-drivers/995eb49c-e074-4b11-90d4-4cc866db2661
  5. how to install printer drivers?

how to install printer drivers?: how do yu install printer drivers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-printer-drivers/995eb49c-e074-4b11-90d4-4cc866db2661
  6. how to install printer drivers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. How to install printer drivers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install printer drivers?: I tried to install my printerHP Laserjet P1108 on windows 10 but it didn't work. First, I tried to install the drivers from the CD that came with the printer, and at last, it says printer installation failed. Then I install the drivers from the official website of HP . then...
  8. How to install printer drivers?

How to install printer drivers?: I tried to install my printerHP Laserjet P1108 on windows 10 but it didn't work. First, I tried to install the drivers from the CD that came with the printer, and at last, it says printer installation failed. Then I install the drivers from the official website of HP . then...
  9. Printer Class Drivers Missing

Printer Class Drivers Missing: I just performed a clean install of Windows 10 Pro. None of the printer class drivers were installed. How do I install the class drivers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-class-drivers-missing/2087cdd8-9ecc-485a-8bb3-e7b37d259016
  10. How do I install a driver. My printer stopped because there was not driver installed ???

How do I install a driver. My printer stopped because there was not driver installed ???: How do I install a driver. My printer stopped because there was not driver installed ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-install-a-driver-my-printer-stopped/abd4ff45-a651-4b64-9f8b-d9d43939972c

Users found this page by searching for:

1. printer class in windows 10 Code