Windows 10: How to stop Windows 10 from Logging in Accounts with Password

Discus and support How to stop Windows 10 from Logging in Accounts with Password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; So I have two accounts with passwords on my laptop. Whichever account was used last before the computer was shutdown it the account it defaults to... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by RylandFields, Apr 20, 2021.

1. How to stop Windows 10 from Logging in Accounts with Password

So I have two accounts with passwords on my laptop. Whichever account was used last before the computer was shutdown it the account it defaults to after you press a key on the lock screen. Apparently Windows is like loading this persons information as if they had logged in before you actually enter the password. On PCs with single user accounts, this makes sense I suppose, as it makes for less time waiting for things to load after you log in. However, lets say I don't want to use the account it defaulted to, and I'm actually going to sign in to the other user account. Now, from that user account it acts as if the other user, who I never entered a password for, is signed in and askes me if I'm sure I want to shut down because someone else is using this PC and might loose their work. This, though a small issue that only means I have to click on extra button, is extremely annoying to me and drives me crazy. Is there any way to keep Windows from doing this?

:)

RylandFields, Apr 20, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Apr 20, 2021
  3. email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Apr 20, 2021
  4. How to stop Windows 10 from Logging in Accounts with Password

account password change

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Which version of Windows 10 is currently installed in your computer?

2. Are you using a Microsoft Account to log into your computer?

To open System Properties and check the version of Windows, follow the steps below:

1. Open Run Command (Windows button+R).

2. In the dialog box type control system and hit enter.

If you are using a Microsoft Account to log into your system and you are unable to change the password, then I would suggest that you sign in online and change your password. Follow the steps below to do so.

• 1. Click on the link below to open the Microsoft site, and then select
      Security & privacy.
    Microsoft account | Sign In or Create Your Account Today – Microsoft

• Select Change password.

• Enter your current password, then the new password you want, then enter the new password again.

• Select Save.
    Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Apr 20, 2021
Thema:

How to stop Windows 10 from Logging in Accounts with Password

1. How to stop Windows 10 from Logging in Accounts with Password - Similar Threads - stop Logging Accounts

2. Cant log into Windows 10. Account Password Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant log into Windows 10. Account Password Issue: My windows 10 laptop now requires me to log into an old email address before I can further access the computer. I havent used that old live.com account for years and do not know the password any more. I clicked the "forgot password" option and it wants to send a code to an...
  3. How to log into windows 10 without a password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to log into windows 10 without a password: Hi, recently my relative passed away. He had a huge collection of old laptops which he updated to windows 10. I was given 2, but he has passwords on them and I can't use the laptops because I can't get past the log in screen. Is there anything I can do? Before anyone asks, I...
  4. How to find the account password for a logged account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to find the account password for a logged account?: Hello! How can i find a password for a logged account on Win10? I tried with saminside but i can't. I need to find a password for an account that i can't recover, and i can't find the password anywhere Thank you!...
  5. How to stop Windows 10 from asking for a password to log on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to stop Windows 10 from asking for a password to log on: There are two users on my Windows 10 PC: me and my wife. We both use Microsoft accounts rather than local I know how to automatically log in to one account every time, but that's not what I'm trying to do. I've also turned off W10 asking for a password when waking from...
  6. Forgot password to log into windows 10 account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forgot password to log into windows 10 account: I can remember my pin but not my password to log into windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-password-to-log-into-windows-10-account/7d74d25b-98e6-4de0-9047-d4ab0191ca95
  7. forgot password to log into windows 10 account

forgot password to log into windows 10 account: I can remember my pin but not my password to log into windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-password-to-log-into-windows-10-account/d3a3d88a-d886-4a6f-8b79-9c6e99dc6536
  8. forgot password to log into windows 10 account

forgot password to log into windows 10 account: I can remember my pin but not my password to log into windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-password-to-log-into-windows-10-account/fdf9fd39-a11a-48f3-bea1-55b746f64552
  9. Windows 10 log on - Password incorrect for all accounts

Windows 10 log on - Password incorrect for all accounts: Hoping someone has an answer for this. I have a Windows 10 machine. It has a corp image, and is on the corp domain. I have the power options set so that it never turns off the display, or goes to sleep. When I leave for the day, I lock the computer. When I return the...
  10. How to stop W10 from asking me for my Outlook password at log in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to stop W10 from asking me for my Outlook password at log in: Every time I start my computer Windows asks me for the password that I log onto Outlook with (I guess it's called Microsoft ID), but it doesn't do this on my laptop. Is there a way to get it to stop doing this? 98903