Windows 10: How to stop windows 10 from offering direct play install?

Discus and support How to stop windows 10 from offering direct play install? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Ok, I'm playing some older game 2003 on my PC, and every single time I launch it windows suggests me to install direct play and that became annoyance.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SteveJ___, Mar 24, 2021.

1. SteveJ___ Win User

How to stop windows 10 from offering direct play install?

Ok, I'm playing some older game 2003 on my PC, and every single time I launch it windows suggests me to install direct play and that became annoyance. Game works perfectly fine without it, so no thanks. Any solution to stop that offer from appearing?

:)

SteveJ___, Mar 24, 2021

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Mar 24, 2021
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 24, 2021
  4. How to stop windows 10 from offering direct play install?

windows 10 direct play

I have some problems with Windows 10. I am trying to install an old game but It wants direct play. I have tried to activate direct play but always get a message that 'the configuration registry database is corrupt' error code 0x800703F1. I have noticed
    that windows 10 updates are failing too (which might be the cause of this). I have tried several of the suggestions to get the updates working but am getting nowhere. Any ideas?

Littlemy 007, Mar 24, 2021
Thema:

How to stop windows 10 from offering direct play install?

1. How to stop windows 10 from offering direct play install? - Similar Threads - stop offering direct

2. How to stop windows from showing Im playing music.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop windows from showing Im playing music.: I'll try my best to explain this. So, every time I play music, I don't want my computer to show I'm playing music. For example, when I click on the Wi-Fi and sound button in the bottom right corner of my screen, on top of all the buttons that lead to project, cast, Wi-Fi,...
  3. Direct Play Can't be installed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Direct Play Can't be installed: I tried to enable the Direct Play following the steps that i found on the internet Control Panel Program and Features Turn windows features on or off Under Legacy Components and Enable direct play but it keep sending me error pic every time[ATTACH] my windows version is...
  4. how to stop in-coming emails from going directly to the Delete file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to stop in-coming emails from going directly to the Delete file?: how can I stop in-coming emails from going directly to the Delete file? this started happening to some sender but not others. I do not recall doing anything to cause this....
  5. How to stop Windows 10 1903 from trying to install.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to stop Windows 10 1903 from trying to install.: I cannot run that update, my AMD-FX 4350 Quad-Core processor does not meet the minimum requirements to run it. I cannot remember the exact thing manually installing the update told me it didn't have. Xsomethingsomething I think. If someone's hardware can't run an update it...
  6. how to stop windows 10 update from re-installing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    how to stop windows 10 update from re-installing: Hi, Can you tell me how to stop certain windows 10 update from re-installing. I have HP zbook G5 with docking station, after windows doing the update, sometimes when I press power button from docking station, for some reason the notebook doesn't start up, so I have to...
  7. direct play not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    direct play not working: ne mogu uključiti direkt play verzija windowsa education 1709 ne mogu instalirati direktx 8/9 šta mi je činiti??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/direct-play-not-working/556b3388-1fba-4c84-af5d-885b51c74699
  8. how to stop windows 10 from installing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to stop windows 10 from installing: I don't want windows 10 on the other pc , but i think downloaded files for 10 are on it. How do i go about stopping this..if i try to install windows 7 security updates 10 want to install . thanks in advance 43724
  9. Windows 10 Stop From Creating Direct Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Stop From Creating Direct Network: I have been playing around with windows 10 and I have found that when you do a search for a printer/scanner (Windows Search> type and select “Printers & Scanners”> Under “Add printers & Scanners Click “Add a Printer or scanner”) then when the search is going the computer will...
  10. how to install 10 upgrade directly from 8

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to install 10 upgrade directly from 8: Trying to upgrade Lenovo AIO from Windows 8 to Windows 10. Could only get 8 to 8.1 Started that update which hung at 82% Now reverted back to 8 Error 0xC1900101 Have done a lot of upgrades but never from 8 to 10. Pete 25586