Windows 10: How to stop Windows 10 from saving opened pdf from internet?

Discus and support How to stop Windows 10 from saving opened pdf from internet? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How to disable windows 10 from saving the pdf file that I opened from the internet?. Already setup the browser firefox setting as per image below but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EjoPsk, May 9, 2022.

1. EjoPsk Win User

How to stop Windows 10 from saving opened pdf from internet?

How to disable windows 10 from saving the pdf file that I opened from the internet?. Already setup the browser firefox setting as per image below but the pdf file still show up in file explorer as downloaded file.

:)

EjoPsk, May 9, 2022

2. Trouble Opening PDF's

Hi Parker,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Does the issue persist in Edge browser?
    • Do you get similar error when you open the PDF file in Adobe reader?

Check if you are facing similar issue in Edge browser.

Step 1: Open PDF file in Adobe reader and check if you are facing similar issue.

To open PDF file directly from Adobe reader, follow the steps below:

• Open Adobe application and click on Edit.
    • Click on Preferences and select Internet.
    • Uncheck Display PDF in Browser option and check if you are able to open the PDF file without getting the error code.

Step 2: If you are able to open PDF file in Adobe reader, I suggest you to
    Turn off Internet Explorer,
    enable it again and check if the issue is resolved.

For further assistance, I suggest you to post your query in Adobe support forum.

Acrobat Reader - Adobe Support Community

Thank you.

Likhitha V, May 9, 2022
  3. microsoft print to pdf files will not open after saving

We suggest that you save the PDF files on your device and check if the issue persists. You may also want to associate the PDF files to Microsoft Edge as the default program to make sure that you have a default application that will open all of your PDF files.
    Here are the steps:

• Search for Default Programs.
    • Go to Associate a file type or protocol with a program.
    • Select the .pdf file type and then click the Change program button on the upper right of the
      Set Associations window.
    • Choose Microsoft Edge and then click OK.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jamille Nar, May 9, 2022
  4. Anna Bon Win User

PDF

Hello,

Regarding your PDF documents, the location will be based on where you saved the files. For your second inquiry, your documents can be converted to a PDF. If the original file is from Office Word, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• In Word, select File > Save As.

• Select where you want to save the file.

• Type a new File name if you want.

• For Save as type, select PDF.

• For Optimize for, select an option: Standard or
      Minimum Size.

• Select Open File After Publishing, if you want to open the file after you save it as a PDF. This is selected by default.

• Select Save.
    If the steps provided is not working, please get back to us with the exact version of your Office Word.

Let us know the result of the suggested steps.

Thank you.

Anna Bon, May 9, 2022
Thema:

1. How to stop Windows 10 from saving opened pdf from internet? - Similar Threads - stop saving opened

2. How to save comments on a document converted to pdf from the Web?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to save comments on a document converted to pdf from the Web?: I am reviewing a Municode set of local government ordinances using Adobe comment. My employer too cheap to buy Edit module. I saved the regs as PDF so I could employ Adobe to review and comment on these regulations.However when I tried to save the review to file yesterday it...
  3. How to save comments on a document converted to pdf from the Web?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to save comments on a document converted to pdf from the Web?: I am reviewing a Municode set of local government ordinances using Adobe comment. My employer too cheap to buy Edit module. I saved the regs as PDF so I could employ Adobe to review and comment on these regulations.However when I tried to save the review to file yesterday it...
  4. How to save comments on a document converted to pdf from the Web?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. OPENING A SAVED PDF DOC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OPENING A SAVED PDF DOC: Trying to open a PDF document, as a PDF doc that I downloaded and saved on my laptop. When I click on 'open' a message box appears. I am given two options--either convert it to a Word doc or 'Cancel". How do/can I open my doc the way that it should be, as a PDF document?...
  6. How to stop Windows 10 from saving opened pdf from internet?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop Windows 10 from saving opened pdf from internet?: How to disable windows 10 from saving the pdf file that I opened from the internet?. Already setup the browser firefox setting as per image below but the pdf file still show up in file explorer as downloaded file....
  7. How to stop Windows 10 from saving opened pdf from internet?

How to stop Windows 10 from saving opened pdf from internet?: How to disable windows 10 from saving the pdf file that I opened from the internet?. Already setup the browser firefox setting as per image below but the pdf file still show up in file explorer as downloaded file....
  8. Saving from Internet Browers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving from Internet Browers: I'm having trouble saving anything off of internet browers. This issue isn't limited to Microsoft Edge, Chrome, or Firefox. It's all of them. Sometimes I can save something on the first try, other times the saving window freezes and I can't save anything. I have to exit out...
  9. How to stop teams from saving account on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to stop teams from saving account on windows 10?: Backstory: So I tried to join teams but I was signed out of it for some reason so I put in my credentials and when am finished it gives me an option too "allow this organization to manage my device" so I ticked the box and said continue and no harm there. But then when I...
  10. How to can stop Windows 10 from saving files to OneDrive

How to can stop Windows 10 from saving files to OneDrive: How to correct my mistake so I can stop Windows 10 from saving files to OneDrive I just bought a Windows 10 Pro laptop and do not want to save files to OneDrive. According to this article I should have selected Navigation pane then Show libraries: instead I made the...