Windows 10: How to stop Windows 10 Home from asking to update to Windows 11 on shutdown

Discus and support How to stop Windows 10 Home from asking to update to Windows 11 on shutdown in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi everyone,I am sure that this has been asked, but I want to narrow it down to a specific instance.My 75+ year old mother, who is starting to have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by EricMeans, Jan 25, 2022.

1. EricMeans Win User

How to stop Windows 10 Home from asking to update to Windows 11 on shutdown

Hi everyone,I am sure that this has been asked, but I want to narrow it down to a specific instance.My 75+ year old mother, who is starting to have mental issues, keeps getting prompts to update to Win 11, whenever she shuts down her PC.Needless to say, each time this occurs, she gets very confused and frightened, and thus calls me. If I do not answer, she will leave the PC alone, and not click anything on the screen.I want to stop the PC from asking her to upgrade, and simply keep her running Win 10 as she is use to.Currently her PC is a off the shelf model, with Win 10 Home pre-installed.I u

:)

EricMeans, Jan 25, 2022
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 25, 2022
  3. R-T-B Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

That doesn't stop windows update from grabbing them on next run, at least it didn't back in the RTM days. It simply stops a secondary process from installing them immediately.

R-T-B, Jan 25, 2022
  4. RCoon Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

How to stop Windows 10 from automatically installing new and updated drivers constantly (particularly for GPU users with stable drivers)

• Right click "My Computer"
    • Click "Properties"
    • Click on "Hardware" tab
    • Click "Device Installation Settings"
    • Tick the "No, let me choose what to do"
    • Tick "Never install driver software from Windows Update"

RCoon, Jan 25, 2022
Thema:

1. How to stop Windows 10 Home from asking to update to Windows 11 on shutdown - Similar Threads - stop Home asking

2. Stop Windows 11 Home Update On Restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop Windows 11 Home Update On Restart: I tried to install an update to Windows 11 Home, but it failed, citing no specific issue, I'm assuming because I have low disk space. So....i'm good with that, BUT...It keeps trying to install it over and over upon restarting my pc, I have to do a hard shutdown, to get it to...
  3. Stop Windows 11 Home Update On Restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop Windows 11 Home Update On Restart: I tried to install an update to Windows 11 Home, but it failed, citing no specific issue, I'm assuming because I have low disk space. So....i'm good with that, BUT...It keeps trying to install it over and over upon restarting my pc, I have to do a hard shutdown, to get it to...
  4. Stop Windows 11 Home Update On Restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to stop Windows 11 from updating on shutdown or restart?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop Windows 11 from updating on shutdown or restart?: I've been using Windows 11 on my work laptop for over a year with no problems with automatic updates whatsoever.Note that I am a software engineer and use a dual boot configuration with Linux and Windows 11. I use my laptop all day long at work, often rebooting, and REQUIRE...
  6. How to stop Windows 11 from updating on shutdown or restart?

How to stop Windows 11 from updating on shutdown or restart?: I've been using Windows 11 on my work laptop for over a year with no problems with automatic updates whatsoever.Note that I am a software engineer and use a dual boot configuration with Linux and Windows 11. I use my laptop all day long at work, often rebooting, and REQUIRE...
  7. Windows update from 10 Pro to 11 Home

Windows update from 10 Pro to 11 Home: My PC was recently updated from Windows 10 Professional to Windows 11. Yesterday I noticed that it is the Home version and not Professional. The funny thing is that I can still use Remote Desktop which if memory serves me correctly is not in the home version. My understanding...
  8. How to stop Windows 10 Home from asking to update to Windows 11 on shutdown

How to stop Windows 10 Home from asking to update to Windows 11 on shutdown: Hi everyone,I am sure that this has been asked, but I want to narrow it down to a specific instance.My 75+ year old mother, who is starting to have mental issues, keeps getting prompts to update to Win 11, whenever she shuts down her PC.Needless to say, each time this occurs,...
  9. Stopping windows 10 Home updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stopping windows 10 Home updates: I wish to find a way to permanently stop windows 10 updates as they render my Alienware 2518HF almost useless. There are no new monitor updates I can find so the issue seems to be with the updates. A 800 x 600 monitor is ****. Thanks in advance for any help....
  10. How to stop Windows 10 from asking for a password to log on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to stop Windows 10 from asking for a password to log on: There are two users on my Windows 10 PC: me and my wife. We both use Microsoft accounts rather than local I know how to automatically log in to one account every time, but that's not what I'm trying to do. I've also turned off W10 asking for a password when waking from...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to get computer to.stop asking you to get windows 11