Windows 10: How to stop Windows 10 Mail app from including the default outlook address in the sent box...

Discus and support How to stop Windows 10 Mail app from including the default outlook address in the sent box... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I sent an email on my iphone using gmail. After receiving a reply, i decided to reply on my PC using the Windows 10 mail app. I clicked on my gmail... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jordan464, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Jordan464 Win User

How to stop Windows 10 Mail app from including the default outlook address in the sent box...

I sent an email on my iphone using gmail. After receiving a reply, i decided to reply on my PC using the Windows 10 mail app. I clicked on my gmail account within the app and before i sent the reply, my gmail address was clearly in the "From:" box. It was the only email in the "From:" box.

However, after sending the email and checking my sent box, it says the email was sent from the outlook address. At the top of the sent email it lists my outlook address followed by my gmail address sandwiched between these symbols < >.

When i check the sent mail on my iphone app it says the email was sent from both the outlook address and the gmail address.

What is this confusing nonsense? It seems as though any email you send from within the Windows 10 Mail app is automatically sent from the default outlook address as well as the address you are using within the app.

What on earth is the point of having a Mail app that allows you to access all your email address accounts if it forces you to send all mail from the default address, even if you specifically click on a non-outlook email account within the app to send an email?

I've recently bought this Windows 10 laptop, giving the world of Windows 10 a try, and already this inconvenience has arrived. In this particular situation, the mail being sent from the outlook address has caused me damage.

Is there any way to stop it doing this so that I can simply send an email only from the account i click on within the app?

I hope I have explained the situation clearly. Thanks for the help in advance.

:)

Jordan464, Oct 21, 2019
  2. kjdawson1 Win User

Email addresses in People app does not open up in the mail app

I have windows 10. Previously in the people app when you clicked on a persons email you had the option to open the email in the mail app. Now when I click on any persons email whether it is gmail or outlook et al, it no longer gives me a choice to open in the mail app.... rather it just opens up my browser. This is for every email address I have in the people app. One more thing for your clarification. The mail app is synced with the people app because when I insert a name in the "to" box, the email addresses from the contact list show up as options. So I don't think this is a syncing issue. The problem is that you can't use the people app to email anyone because all it does is open up a browser when you click on the emaill address in the people app. Any Suggestions?

kjdawson1, Oct 21, 2019
  3. Sent e-mail problem on Outlook Mail for Windows 10

Hi ....sorry for the delay in responding.

• I am using Outlook Mail for Windows 10 and cannot send e-mails. They all end up in "Drafts" folder.
    • I periodically reboot the computer, so I'm sure there was a Windows update and it might have occurred just prior to the problem.
    • I'm not receiving any error messages.
    • I went to Outlook.com on the web and successfully sent e-mails, with and without pic attachments to my e-mail address *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, the same account on Outlook Mail for Windows 10.

As an aside, I also use Windows Live Mail and it will not send an e-mail with a pic attachment. Instead, it sends it to the "Outbox" folder. Until that entry is deleted in the Outbox folder, no e-mails can be sent. Once deleted, e-mails sans pics can
    be sent I'd love to have a fix for that.

JamesGrauer, Oct 21, 2019
  4. LRW82 Win User

How to stop Windows 10 Mail app from including the default outlook address in the sent box...

Issues with Windows 10 Mail App Sent Box Content

Hello Again,

I am replying to your reply from last night...See below....

I believe we are using the Windows 10 Mail App.

The previous similar mail app in Windows 8 didnt have this same issue. It showed the full contents of my Sent Box. I can access the full sent box when logging into hotmail online.

I also reiterate that I am concerned that all other folders in my mail may only have partial content displayed in my Mail App.

Also, I have had to reply this way. Is there a better way to reply to your response, direct from that response? This way I had to cut and paste into another new question.

Thanks again, LW

Hello,

We have Windows 10 and I now cant see all my Sent email anymore in the Outlook display, after upgrading from Windows 8. They were all displayed when sent was clicked in Win 8 version of outlook. Approx only 1 month is displayed now.

I am guessing this is typical with other folders too in my outlook?

Note that I have my Inbox setting set to display ALL email, not just from a set period of time.

Regards, LW

1 person had this question

• How to stop Windows 10 Mail app from including the default outlook address in the sent box... [​IMG]

JK

Joy Kemprai replied on

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with outlook and I'll be glad to assist you.

Are you using via outlook.com(web browser), Microsoft Office outlook, Hotmail or Mail app in Windows 10?

If you are using Microsoft Office Outlook, what is the version?

Please let us know so that we can assist you better.

We look forward to hear from you. Keep us posted.

Thanks & Regards

Joy

LRW82, Oct 21, 2019
Thema:

1. How to stop Windows 10 Mail app from including the default outlook address in the sent box... - Similar Threads - stop Mail app

2. Wrong email address in Mail app windows 10 not Outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wrong email address in Mail app windows 10 not Outlook: I have a wrong email address that keeps appearing in the Windows10 Mail pp not Outlook that I cannot deleteThere is no "X" to delete and using arrow keys and delete button does nothingNo, this is not in contacts, Several people have listed this issue and MS keep posting how...
  3. Changing the default "From: address in Outlook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing the default "From: address in Outlook: Hello,I'm trying to use Outlook with a Word mailmerge. The Outlook account is linked to my Gmail account. I generally don't use the Gmail address: I have my website address automatically forwarded to Gmail.Gmail allows me to use my website email in the "From" field, with no...
  4. Changing the default "From: address in Outlook

Changing the default "From: address in Outlook: Hello,I'm trying to use Outlook with a Word mailmerge. The Outlook account is linked to my Gmail account. I generally don't use the Gmail address: I have my website address automatically forwarded to Gmail.Gmail allows me to use my website email in the "From" field, with no...
  5. windows 10,Mail app,sent mail.

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10,Mail app,sent mail.: i could not get updated cannot see the sent mails, that i am sending them using Mail app, neither i could see them in any other gmail. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10mail-appsent-mail/37a02e20-4d0e-4559-9128-c090ccc909a2
  6. sent mail box

sent mail box: Since 3 day ago, using my windows 10 PC or ,windows 10 laptop sent mail from my gmail account does not show in its sent folder on any device although they have been received Some sent messages appear in the spam folder but can be permanently moved to the sent folder. Using my...
  7. Windows 10 Mail Sent Box is Empty

Windows 10 Mail Sent Box is Empty: Hi I am using WIN 10 Mail to send and receive to/from 3 separate gmail addresses. This had all been working perfectly for some time but suddenly the Sent Box of one of the addresses is empty while the other 2 addresses continue to operate as expected. The mails are...
  8. Windows mail sent box problem

in Browsers and Email
    Windows mail sent box problem: I have set up a friend's laptop to use Windows Mail (Windows 10 ver 1903). Sending and receiving emails works fine but sent emails do not appear in the sent box and there is nothing in the spam box either, which seems unusual. I cannot find anything wrong in settings - any...
  9. how do you change the default mail app from windows 10 mail to outlook?

how do you change the default mail app from windows 10 mail to outlook?: One of your answers is to change the default mail app from Windows 10 mail to outlook. No way to find out how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-change-the-default-mail-app-from/f7bcfcf6-b2d0-4e2a-a822-018d8cc57dfc
  10. Windows 10 Mail - How see which address an email was sent from?

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail - How see which address an email was sent from?: I MUST be missing something here - but I got an email from someone I have several addresses for, with the Mail client showing just the name of the sender, not the address the mail was sent from. I want to reply to a specific address, but also to know which address the email...