Windows 10: How to stop Windows 10 messing with my keyboards

Discus and support How to stop Windows 10 messing with my keyboards in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have problems on different PCs because Windows keeps changing the keyboard. On one PC there is only one keyboard Swiss German, but Windows has added... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Roger761, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Roger761 Win User

How to stop Windows 10 messing with my keyboards

I have problems on different PCs because Windows keeps changing the keyboard.

On one PC there is only one keyboard Swiss German, but Windows has added an English UK keyboard which I cannot delete.
    If I go to Settings > Time & Language > Language > Preferred Languages, it shows English Switzerland with one keyboard Swiss German.
    If I click on the language icon in the system tray, I also see English United Kingdom which it periodically switches to.
    I tried adding a keyboard in Settings for UK English, so I can delete it, but the extra language in the system tray persists.

The second PC which I use to make a remote desktop connection to the first has Swiss German and Greek keyboards installed.
    When I switch back from using the remote connection this PC often switches to the Greek keyboard.
    This is easier to fix as I just have to hotkey to the other keyboard, but it can be annoying, depending on which programme suddenly receives a line of Greek characters.

:)

Roger761, Feb 18, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Feb 18, 2020
  3. Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10

Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10
    I have an old Dell Studio that is running windows 10 ---

Ir has Windows 10 and SSD installed - to me it does what it needs to do but this darn mouse and keyboard stuff stopping working with no rhyme or reason is making me very frustrated.

Keyboard and Mouse are wired - NOT WIRELESS

• I cannot easily unplug and plug in the mouse/keyboard to get it going again... they are still lit up but they are dead basically and I have to do a hard reset.
    • USB selective suspend is disabled.
    • I checked the drivers for the keyboard and mouse and they are updated.
    • I checked to see if PC has KB4074588 and it does not.

I am not sure what else to do.... I can go days without the issue and then days where anytime I step away from the PC it stops working.

I can say when it is working it just does not just stop ... only when I walk away and the machine is idle or the screen is locked.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

MrKris0019, Feb 18, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 18, 2020
Thema:

1. How to stop Windows 10 messing with my keyboards - Similar Threads - stop messing keyboards

2. My keyboard is messed up!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard is messed up!: Hey,I'm having several issues with my keyboard lately. First of all every time I clicked on microsoft edge for a while, it opened a note that I have on my desktop. When I closed the note my cursor kept selecting it,however it didn't opened again.Now I will be listing the...
  3. My keyboard is messed up!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My keyboard is messed up!: Hey,I'm having several issues with my keyboard lately. First of all every time I clicked on microsoft edge for a while, it opened a note that I have on my desktop. When I closed the note my cursor kept selecting it,however it didn't opened again.Now I will be listing the...
  4. My keyboard is messed up!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Numlock key messes my keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Numlock key messes my keyboard: Hello, I have an issue. When I attempt to use my numeric keyboard, but even more so when numlock is turned on, multiple keys, both numeric keyboard and not, get messed up. For example, the "3" key acts like an enter, space also triggers the "2" key, backspace triggers the up...
  6. Numlock key messes my keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Numlock key messes my keyboard: Hello, I have an issue. When I attempt to use my numeric keyboard, but even more so when numlock is turned on, multiple keys, both numeric keyboard and not, get messed up. For example, the "3" key acts like an enter, space also triggers the "2" key, backspace triggers the up...
  7. My keyboard bindings are messed up!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My keyboard bindings are messed up!: I was playing GTA and suddenly when I pressed W, it showed up the pen panel. How fo I fix it? submitted by /u/SoundCrafter15 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jsxff9/my_keyboard_bindings_are_messed_up/
  8. My keyboard keys are messed up...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My keyboard keys are messed up...: Hii... I have a Gamdias Hermes M1 and i'm having an issue where if i press my backspace on that keyboard it types a 5... And Hera is'nt working... I'm now typing with another keyboard, but is there maby a way to clear the memory on my keyboard? I think that hera malfunctioned...
  9. my keyboard is messed up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my keyboard is messed up: my kid managed to somehow mess up my laptops keyboard. the problem was that when i pressed c it would type in c/, d would d; and etc, now these are all fine exept of e and caps lock shift. /to type e i used copy and paste/ i tried turning the numlk off and it fixed most exept...
  10. how can my windows 10 keyboard entry be so messed up now?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how can my windows 10 keyboard entry be so messed up now?: Any use of the keyboard on another laptop of mine now shows addition of visited IE addresses or no response from certain keys. This was popping up not only in internet explorer, but also in Word and other programs requiring key entries. My keyboard is now not working at all...