Windows 10: How to stop Windows 10 moving my tiles to a different position

Discus and support How to stop Windows 10 moving my tiles to a different position in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After an update and at other times I find when I boot up the tiles in the start menu have moved to a different position from where I had set them. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tuquet, Sep 2, 2015.

1. tuquet Win User

How to stop Windows 10 moving my tiles to a different position

After an update and at other times I find when I boot up the tiles in the start menu have moved to a different position from where I had set them. I try to keep the tiles for those programmes and folders I use most at the top for easy access.
    Is there a way of stopping windows 10 from re-arranging them into a different order?

:)

tuquet, Sep 2, 2015

2. scrolling photo

I recently attached a new photo in a contact that I have pinned to my start screen in my Windows mobile device, a Nokia handset. The photo now slides into three different positions at regular time intervals of a couple of seconds.

I want the picture to stop moving and remain at full tile picture always. How can I adjust the setting, as I can't determine how to do this?

Tom Cooper 1804, Sep 2, 2015
  3. how to stop moving tiles

Hi Larry,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to stop moving Windows live tiles.

• Right click on the live tile.
    • Click on more option.
    • select turn off live tile option.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Sep 2, 2015
  4. Recnal2 Win User

Hope you get an answer, I have the problem too

Recnal2, Sep 2, 2015
Thema:

1. How to stop Windows 10 moving my tiles to a different position - Similar Threads - stop moving tiles

2. Tile Position on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tile Position on Start Menu: I have two systems running Windows 10. On one system, I can move any of the tiles from one position to any other position in the start menu simply by drag'n'drop within the menu. On the other system I can select a tile drag it to a vacant position but it "springs back"...
  3. Windows 10 Tile Start menu crashes after trying to move tiles.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Tile Start menu crashes after trying to move tiles.: Hi, recently i did a fresh windows install and i noticed when trying to move the tiles in the start menu it misbehaves and crashes instantly, i updated my integrated graphics drivers and rebooted my computer but everytime i try to move or change tiles to another group the...
  4. Sart Tiles Being Moved Out of Position

Sart Tiles Being Moved Out of Position: Windows 10 keeps moving my start tiles around. I have 3 groups. The middle group ends up much lower than the left and right group. Just getting annoyed with having to move them back all the time. Any ideas, James...
  5. how to tile windows horizontally and stop cascading

in Windows 10 Support
    how to tile windows horizontally and stop cascading: I have googled how to tile windows horizontally in Windows 10, but it never works for me. All the instructions I find say to drag the window to the side of your screen, and it should 'snap' to that side of the screen. But it doesn't. I just end up dragging it all the way off...
  6. Every time I boot up my desk top icons are moved to different positions. How do I make the...

Every time I boot up my desk top icons are moved to different positions. How do I make the...: Every time I boot up my desk top icons are moved to different positions. How do I make the icons stay in selected positions??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/every-time-i-boot-up-my-desk-top-icons-are-moved/3108db9d-4cf8-45d2-ad89-8605a7dd6331
  7. How to move and group tiles on windows 10 start menu?

How to move and group tiles on windows 10 start menu?: I would like to add web links and apps in an easy-to-find section of the start like I had on the windows 7 desktop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_menu/how-to-move-and-group-tiles-on-windows-10-start/0ba2f967-c223-4902-9ae8-ea3a33469ab4
  8. move preview pane to upper position

move preview pane to upper position: I've been using Win 8 for a while and was frustrated that the "filmstrip" view option was gone. I used WinXP since it came out till this past summer. If that tells you how ingrained I was and am. Win 10 is great over Win 8 or 7 but, that filmstrip isn't there. Most people...
  9. Moving Windows to a different machine.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving Windows to a different machine.: A question I've been curious about for a little while: I purchased a retail copy of Windows 7 not long after it first came out. With a retail license, you can install onto a different computer if your original one dies, or you decide to take in a different direction...
  10. unable to move tiles?

in Windows 10 Support
    unable to move tiles?: i have had this issue for a while now. been unable to solve it until today *Smile I have tried many bits of advice, to no avail. I wont go into what I have tried as it is a lot of data. this is the only way I have been able to solve the issue! first you will need to make a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to stop Windows 10 moving my tiles to a different position