Windows 10: How to stop Windows 10 moving my tiles to a different position

Discus and support How to stop Windows 10 moving my tiles to a different position in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After an update and at other times I find when I boot up the tiles in the start menu have moved to a different position from where I had set them. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tuquet, Sep 2, 2015.

1. tuquet Win User

How to stop Windows 10 moving my tiles to a different position

After an update and at other times I find when I boot up the tiles in the start menu have moved to a different position from where I had set them. I try to keep the tiles for those programmes and folders I use most at the top for easy access.
    Is there a way of stopping windows 10 from re-arranging them into a different order?

:)

tuquet, Sep 2, 2015

2. scrolling photo

I recently attached a new photo in a contact that I have pinned to my start screen in my Windows mobile device, a Nokia handset. The photo now slides into three different positions at regular time intervals of a couple of seconds.

I want the picture to stop moving and remain at full tile picture always. How can I adjust the setting, as I can't determine how to do this?

Tom Cooper 1804, Sep 2, 2015
  3. how to stop moving tiles

Hi Larry,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to stop moving Windows live tiles.

• Right click on the live tile.
    • Click on more option.
    • select turn off live tile option.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Sep 2, 2015
  4. Recnal2 Win User

Hope you get an answer, I have the problem too

Recnal2, Sep 2, 2015
Thema:

1. How to stop Windows 10 moving my tiles to a different position - Similar Threads - stop moving tiles

2. How to move taskbar to vertical position in windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to move taskbar to vertical position in windows 11?: How do I move the task bar from horizontal position to vertical position? Company just installed windows 11 and I can't seem to figure out how to move it....
  3. How to move taskbar to vertical position in windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to move taskbar to vertical position in windows 11?: How do I move the task bar from horizontal position to vertical position? Company just installed windows 11 and I can't seem to figure out how to move it....
  4. How to move AppData to a different drive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to move AppData to a different drive in Windows 10: My C drive is basically full, I want to free up space by moving C:/Users/super/AppData to my D drive which has a lot more space. What's the best way of going about doing this? Or else if it's a bad idea, what other way could I free up space in my C drive?...
  5. How to move AppData to a different drive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to move AppData to a different drive in Windows 10: My C drive is basically full, I want to free up space by moving C:/Users/super/AppData to my D drive which has a lot more space. What's the best way of going about doing this? Or else if it's a bad idea, what other way could I free up space in my C drive?...
  6. How to move AppData to a different drive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Why are my tiles different colors? How to fix?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why are my tiles different colors? How to fix?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Corrupt_abyss [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lhsm0u/why_are_my_tiles_different_colors_how_to_fix/
  8. Tile Position on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tile Position on Start Menu: I have two systems running Windows 10. On one system, I can move any of the tiles from one position to any other position in the start menu simply by drag'n'drop within the menu. On the other system I can select a tile drag it to a vacant position but it "springs back"...
  9. Sart Tiles Being Moved Out of Position

Sart Tiles Being Moved Out of Position: Windows 10 keeps moving my start tiles around. I have 3 groups. The middle group ends up much lower than the left and right group. Just getting annoyed with having to move them back all the time. Any ideas, James...
  10. How to move and group tiles on windows 10 start menu?

How to move and group tiles on windows 10 start menu?: I would like to add web links and apps in an easy-to-find section of the start like I had on the windows 7 desktop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_menu/how-to-move-and-group-tiles-on-windows-10-start/0ba2f967-c223-4902-9ae8-ea3a33469ab4

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to stop Windows 10 moving my tiles to a different position