Windows 10: How to stop “windows defender antivirus service”?

Discus and support How to stop “windows defender antivirus service”? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows 10.0.18362.778: How to stop “windows defender antivirus service”? I couldn’t figure out how to stop “windows defender antivirus service”... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jamal numan, Apr 21, 2020.

1. How to stop “windows defender antivirus service”?

Windows 10.0.18362.778: How to stop “windows defender antivirus service”?

I couldn’t figure out how to stop “windows defender antivirus service”

How to stop “windows defender antivirus service”? [​IMG]

:)

jamal numan, Apr 21, 2020
  2. afornal Win User

Defender AntiVirus

There are 4 options under Defender. Two refer to AntiVirus; AntiVirus Network Inspection Service & AntiVirus Services. Under Startup Type these two are listed as manual and the Status column said Inspection Service is running. When I clicked on the Start
    button in Properties, I got an immediate message: "Win.. Def.. Anti.. Serv.. on local comp.. started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs."

afornal, Apr 22, 2020
  3. Turn off windows defender and alerts and stop service

Hi Clifford,

Follow these steps to start Windows Defender Service:

• Open Run command box by pressing Windows Key + R.
    • Double-click the Windows Defender service, and then in the Startup type box, click
      Automatic.
    • Click OK.

If it is already set to Automatic, then stop the service and
    start again.

Let us know the results.

Rohit Siddegowda, Apr 22, 2020
  4. How to stop “windows defender antivirus service”?

How to stop Windows Defender Antivirus from downloading updates

Moved from Windows Updates section, as suggested

I'm running WIN10 Home edition v1909 and Avast antivirus.

Since the upgrade to WIN10 v 1903, I've been getting an error message telling me Windows Defender Antivirus update(s) have failed and specifically - "..Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus "WDA" - KB2267602 (Version 1.305.2729.0)...Error 0x80070643...Retry".

Control Panel -> Adminstrative Tools -> Services reporst that WDA is turned off. Despite this, WIN10 continues to download Windows Defender updates, it then finds it cannot install the updates. I'm wondering if that's because WDA is not running and that's why I'm getting the above error message.

Would stopping WIN10 seeking the WDA updates stop the error messages being generated and, if so, how can I stop WDA seeking the updates. The WDA registry is protected.

I have 15 WDA updates showing as failed updates. All other Winodws updates load immediatley, with no problem.

Update:

Actually I've spend a few weeks trying to fix this. I believe my probelm is uncommon. For example, it only affects my Windows Desktop PC but not my - or my wife's - WIN10 laptops.

I have tried many possible solutions, too many to list here, ranging from checking the Windows Update Troibleshooter through to an In-Place Windows 10 upgrade.

I cannot run an On Demand scan using WDA beacause WDA is not running. If I turn off my (main) antivirus software (Avast) then Start WDA via Control Panel -> Administative Tools ->Services Settings - I see WDA starts for only 5 seconds then turns off again

- - - Updated - - -

...is there a way I can stop Windows 10 Home v1909 from trying to update Windows Defender Antivirus

silverfox2019, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

How to stop “windows defender antivirus service”?

1. How to stop “windows defender antivirus service”? - Similar Threads - stop “windows defender

2. Windows Defender Antivirus Service disabled by Steam

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Antivirus Service disabled by Steam: Hello, Facing the following issue: When starting PC -> Defender is up and running; When starting Steam App-> Defender is up and running; When starting game via Steam -> Defender become disabled service stopped: WinDefend "Microsoft Defender Antivirus Service"; If try to...
  3. Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated

Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated: Hello, I have problem with Windows Defender on Windows 10 Home (20H2 version). I'm still getting this error in Event Viewer: The Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated with the following error: General access denied error I already tried to use sfc /scannow...
  4. Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated in Event Viewer

Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated in Event Viewer: Hello, I have problem with Windows Defender on Windows 10 Home 20H2 version with all updates installed. I'm still getting this error in Event Viewer: The Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated with the following error: General access denied error Event 7023...
  5. Windows Defender Service stopped

Windows Defender Service stopped: Right after this April 16, 2020, My windows defender shows that the Service has stopped. I did recover it but My version is blank and Security intelligence version is blank. If i check for updates What will happen? will it turn again to Stop the service or wait for the new...
  6. The Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated with the following error:...

The Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated with the following error:...: The threat service keeps stopping a couple of minutes after the system has booted. I attempt to restart it I get an unexpected error occured dialog The following error is logged in the Event Viewer,,, The Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated with the...
  7. How to stop Windows Defender Antivirus from downloading updates

How to stop Windows Defender Antivirus from downloading updates: Moved from Windows Updates section, as suggested I'm running WIN10 Home edition v1909 and Avast antivirus. Since the upgrade to WIN10 v 1903, I've been getting an error message telling me Windows Defender Antivirus update(s) have failed and specifically - "..Security...
  8. Fully disabled Defender but "Windows Defender Antivirus Service" runs

Fully disabled Defender but "Windows Defender Antivirus Service" runs: I used the steps from here and elsewhere, to FULLY disable Windows Defender. well over a year ago. Mark my surprise, when I find that the "Antimalware Service executable" is eating up 25% of the processor power... I double checked everything from Group policy settings, to...
  9. Windows Defender antivirus service

Windows Defender antivirus service: Hello, i tried running my windows defender antivirus service from "services" buh i couldn't. The detail file needed to for the service, 'MsMpEng.exe' was also not running, i tried running that also but couldn't. Please i need your help, my machine is crashing down with virus...
  10. Windows Defender Antivirus Network Inspection Service started and then stopped

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Defender Antivirus Network Inspection Service started and then stopped: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Even if you have no third-party antimalware programs running on your computer, Windows Defender can sometimes behave erroneously and display an error, bearing the following message – The Windows Defender Antivirus Network Inspection Service on Local Computer...