Windows 10: How to stop windows from changing regional format automatically upon removing language pack

Discus and support How to stop windows from changing regional format automatically upon removing language pack in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,How do I remove the English Finland language pack here without windows changing my regional format to U.S? I live in Finland, but I use US... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Anh TuanDinh, Dec 8, 2021.

1. How to stop windows from changing regional format automatically upon removing language pack

Hello,How do I remove the English Finland language pack here without windows changing my regional format to U.S? I live in Finland, but I use US keyboard layout and Finnish layout and that's enough for me. I don't need no smart AI to change my region to U.S

:)

Anh TuanDinh, Dec 8, 2021
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Dec 8, 2021
  3. Unable to change the language pack on Windows 10.

Hi Siqi,

You may be facing the above issue due to the Country or region set on the computer. You can download only if the region set on the computer supports the language pack.

Before we assist further, what is the Country or region set on the computer?

Set the Country or region which supports the language you are trying to download on the computer and check if the changes are effective. You will be allowed to download the language pack when you see
    Language pack available status under the selected language.

Method 1: Follow the steps below to remove and re-add the language pack on the computer to check if the issue is resolved.

Step 1: Remove language pack from Control panel.

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control panel from the context menu.

• Click on View by from the top right corner of the window and select
      Large icons.

• Click on Language and check if the
      English language is displayed on the right side panel of the popped window.

• If present, double click on the language and select
      Remove option from the window.

• Follow the onscreen instructions and check if the changes are effective.

Step 2: Download the language pack.

Before downloading English language pack on the computer, set Country or region to USA or UK (depending upon the English language you want to add) on the computer.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      Settings and select the top most search result.

• From the window select Time & Language and select
      Region & language from the left side panel.

• Click on Add a language >
      English
      and select the language pack you want to download from the window.

• Check if you see Language pack available status under the recently selected language.

• If yes, click on Options and
      Download
      under Language options.

• Wait for the language pack to download and go back to
      Region & language window.

• Click on the downloaded language pack and click on
      Set as default.

• Close the window, logout and login for the changes to be effective and check if the issue is resolved.

Method 2: If the issue persists, check if similar issue occurs on another user account. This is only to check if the issue is specific to user profile or the OS installed on the computer. Refer to
    Set up accounts article to create a new Microsoft user account
    on the computer.

The corrupted user profile does not function normally such as not launching
    Start menu, Cortana, Search bar, Store and other
    Windows applications. In such cases creating a new profile and checking for the same will help in identifying if the is specific to corrupted user profile or the OS.

Write to us with the status of changing the language pack on the computer in the same post for further assistance.
    Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Dec 8, 2021
  4. How to stop windows from changing regional format automatically upon removing language pack

Arabic language font problem

Hi,

We understand the inconvenience you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to remove the language pack, download the language pack and set it as default and check for status.

To remove the language pack, follow the steps below:

• Click on Start>Settings>Time & Language.
    • In the left pane, click on Region & Language.
    • Select the language and click on Remove.

To add a language pack, follow the steps below:

• Click on Start>Settings>Time & Language.
    • In the left pane, click on Region & Language.
    • Click on Add language.
    • Select the language from the list, download and set as default.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 8, 2021
Thema:

How to stop windows from changing regional format automatically upon removing language pack

1. How to stop windows from changing regional format automatically upon removing language pack - Similar Threads - stop changing regional

2. Sites Region changes automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sites Region changes automatically: Hello.I'm trying to prevent sites like dell.com or Nvidia.com to switch address based on my region, for example dell.com switch to dell.com/it-it.i live in Italy but i prefer english, i've been able to do it before but i don't know how, my system language sets on english i...
  3. Sites Region changes automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sites Region changes automatically: Hello.I'm trying to prevent sites like dell.com or Nvidia.com to switch address based on my region, for example dell.com switch to dell.com/it-it.i live in Italy but i prefer english, i've been able to do it before but i don't know how, my system language sets on english i...
  4. How to stop windows from changing regional format automatically upon removing language pack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop windows from changing regional format automatically upon removing language pack: Hello,How do I remove the English Finland language pack here without windows changing my regional format to U.S? I live in Finland, but I use US keyboard layout and Finnish layout and that's enough for me. I don't need no smart AI to change my region to U.S...
  5. How can I stop the automatic installation of language pack options

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I stop the automatic installation of language pack options: Situation For various reasons, we use a third-party patch management tool to install patches. We look forward to the future of peer-to-peer Windows updates. Recently we enabled UAC to increase security. But now all users with local administrator rights get a UAC popup when...
  6. Regional Format vs. Input Languages

Regional Format vs. Input Languages: I have a problem with the regional format feature in Windows 10: Since I want dates to appear in dd/mm/yyyy format, I went to the regional format settings and chose English Israel. However, that added English Israel as an input language - which is redundant, since the...
  7. Changing language pack

Changing language pack: Hi all I am trying to change my language pack from English(united states) to English (united kingdom) not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-language-pack/b2ec60e6-3aae-4bd5-a19c-a46b513afa49
  8. language pack removal

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    language pack removal: At present some cumulative updates fail to install (I will go back to an earlier Macrium image), What wonders me is that repeatedly system restore points were created with the text: Language Pack Removal. Any clue? 132475
  9. How to completely remove Japanese language pack from Windows 10

How to completely remove Japanese language pack from Windows 10: I briefly switched my computer's language to Japanese, and after switching back to US English, Japanese still shows up when I type, for example, "settings" into the Windows search bar. My display language is set to US English, but there's a Japanese character next to the...
  10. Region-Language change back

Region-Language change back: I messed up, I changed my language to Spanish )mex9c0=, I want to change it back to US English, how do I do that_ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/region-language-change-back/a0de07ac-1330-451d-a360-19e4fda91584