Windows 10: How to stop Windows from changing the name of the sound output device?

Discus and support How to stop Windows from changing the name of the sound output device? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am on Windows 10 Version10.0.18363 Build 18363. My PC is connected to my Yamaha TSR-700 AVR via HDMI. From the AVR, I connect to the TV. When my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nuraman00, Nov 5, 2020.

1. nuraman00 Win User

How to stop Windows from changing the name of the sound output device?

I am on Windows 10 Version10.0.18363 Build 18363.

My PC is connected to my Yamaha TSR-700 AVR via HDMI. From the AVR, I connect to the TV.

When my TV is off, and I play a CD on my PC, then I can upmix it to the surround decoder. And all my speakers are used.

When my TV is on, and I play the CD, then the AVR says PCM, and the surrounds aren't used.

HOWEVER, if I play a DVD or Blu Ray, and my TV is on, then I am getting the surround decoder I want.

For both the CD and DVD, I'm using VLC Player.

When my TV is off, then in Windows, for the output sound device, I have to select the name of my AVR. When my TV is on, then I have to select the name of my TV for the output sound device in Windows.

I had a Denon AVR for 2 weeks. It didn't make Windows change names for the sound output device, when I turned my TV on or off.

I think this is where the problem starts. How do I stop Windows from toggling between the name of my AVR, or the name of my TV, when my TV is on?

:)

nuraman00, Nov 5, 2020

2. No Audio Output Device is Installed

Hi,

You will need to select Windows 8 from the drop down list while installing the driver in compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to try setting the speaker as default audio output by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.

2. Select "playback devices".

3. If "speaker" is not set as the default device, highlight it and click "set as default".

5. Save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Nov 5, 2020
  3. ShogoXT Win User
    Vista sound output to two devices

Ive tried to search this up, but so far I haven't found good results.

I have a Sound Blaster X-fi PCI-E and the Radeon 4890 HDMI audio for outputs.
    I have them both working separately on the audio devices list on Vista Home Premium.
    I FINALLY got screen cloning to work in games, but audio will only output to one or the other.
    This depends on what I have set to default.

Is there anyway to get Vista to output all audio to BOTH devices?

Thanks in advance.

ShogoXT, Nov 5, 2020
  4. Baleful Win User

Changing device names and deleting devices

Yeah, you can't delete old/retired machines from the "my grid" page. The only option you have really is to wait a few days then change how it sorts the list:

How to stop Windows from changing the name of the sound output device? ActiveMachines.png

Oh, and Mike is correct, by changing the windows "computer name" it'll change on the "my grid" page.

Baleful, Nov 5, 2020
Thema:

1. How to stop Windows from changing the name of the sound output device? - Similar Threads - stop changing name

2. How to stop screen disconnecting from output when changing input device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop screen disconnecting from output when changing input device.: I have three screens that use for my desktop / displays.The centre screen has multiple inputs as I use it for TV, Console & PC use.I also do video capture from this screen as well.Under Windows 10 I could set the screens up & start the video capture software on that centre...
  3. How to stop screen disconnecting from output when changing input device.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop screen disconnecting from output when changing input device.: I have three screens that use for my desktop / displays.The centre screen has multiple inputs as I use it for TV, Console & PC use.I also do video capture from this screen as well.Under Windows 10 I could set the screens up & start the video capture software on that centre...
  4. How to change Default Sound Output Device in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Default Sound Output Device in Windows 10: When you connect speakers, headphones, Bluetooth headset, or other audio devices to your PC, you can select which device you want to use by default. In this post, we will show you how to change default Sound Output Device in Windows 10. Change Default Sound Output Device We...
  5. How to change sound output of an app when switching sound devices

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change sound output of an app when switching sound devices: Everytime I switch from headphones to speakers on a fullscreen app, it does not have sound unless I restart the application. I've tried to change the output in the "App volume and devices preferences" but of course my app does not appear there. There was an option in windows...
  6. No Sound No Output device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Sound No Output device: Running 19042.746 on a ASUS 2n1 computer. I believe this started 1 or 2 updates ago. I have no sound from the speakers or earphones with "the hardware device is not connected to the computer Code45" and "No output devices found" no pull down for choice. Device manager does...
  7. Sound output doesn't stop changing

Sound output doesn't stop changing: I was playing music in the background in my pc when it suddenly stopped. When i went to check the volume by clicking the volume icon on the bottom right and it shows that the sound output is constantly changing between all available outputs. I tried cutting the power and...
  8. Sound output from 2 devices.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound output from 2 devices.: Hi, I was wondering is there a way to output sound from 2 devices at the same time (my TV connected by HDMI and my speakers connected by aux) to get better sound. Thanks in advance. submitted by /u/theubusu [link] [comments]...
  9. Can't find how to change sound output device

Can't find how to change sound output device: I right click on the speakers icon in the notifications area>open sound settings, but when I click on the down arrow, I can only see one output device available when there should be my speakers and headphones. I'm wondering if it is to do with a setting of the RealTek Audio...
  10. How to stop windows from changing my default sound devices?

How to stop windows from changing my default sound devices?: This has been an ongoing issue that i really hate. everytime i plug in a new tv, a new controller, a new anything that windows recognizes has a speaker or microphone, windows will automatically change my default audio device and my default communication device to that new...