Windows 10: how to stop windows from creating photo albums?

Discus and support how to stop windows from creating photo albums? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Yesterday, I got a notification that windows has created a photo album for me. The thing is, I don't want windows doing that. At least on its own. If I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by W.C. Blitzy, Dec 26, 2018.

1. how to stop windows from creating photo albums?

Yesterday, I got a notification that windows has created a photo album for me. The thing is, I don't want windows doing that. At least on its own. If I want an album made, I'll make it.

Is there a setting I can turn off?

:)

W.C. Blitzy, Dec 26, 2018
  2. krzemien Win User
    krzemien, Dec 26, 2018
  3. How to create new album and organize photos in Photos app

Hi Erin,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with creating new album do let us know the following:

• Where exactly are you trying to create new albums?
    • Are you referring to creating new albums in Photos app?
    • Are you using any other application to view the photos?

If you referring to Photos app in Windows 10, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article about Photos app and check if it helps.

Refer: Photos app for Windows help

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 26, 2018
  4. Ben N Win User

how to stop windows from creating photo albums?

Why did the photos app auto-create a random photo album?

The automatic album creation is a new feature:

(Source: Microsoft documentation.) It didn't add all the photos taken on that date because it thought some were too similar to others:

Date and time are definitely taken into account when grouping the photos; a CNET article suggests there might be more complex logic too:

The location would be determined from information embedded in the picture by the device that took it.

Concerning the uninvited appearance of the app: That seems to be a bug experienced by many people with the management of Universal app processes. For some, it's caused by a certain version of DisplayFusion.

Ben N, Dec 26, 2018
Thema:

how to stop windows from creating photo albums?

1. how to stop windows from creating photo albums? - Similar Threads - stop creating photo

2. Microsoft Photos Windows 10 - Create Photo Albums with updated Photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos Windows 10 - Create Photo Albums with updated Photos app: How to create a Photo album using the updated version of Microsoft Photos app. Unable to find the Create option. Earlier version of Photos helped us to create nice albums with background audio etc.. whereas after the Photos app update, there is no create option at all....
  3. Microsoft Photos Windows 10 - Create Photo Albums with updated Photos app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos Windows 10 - Create Photo Albums with updated Photos app: How to create a Photo album using the updated version of Microsoft Photos app. Unable to find the Create option. Earlier version of Photos helped us to create nice albums with background audio etc.. whereas after the Photos app update, there is no create option at all....
  4. How to stop Microsoft photo app from making photos in an album into a slideshow and only...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop Microsoft photo app from making photos in an album into a slideshow and only...: How do I stop Microsoft 10/photo app version 2021.21090.10008.0 from turning photos in an album into a slideshow? I did not create a slideshow & I do not want a slideshow! I only want to view INDIVIDUAL photos. There are no click through arrows or way to stop the slideshow...
  5. How to stop Microsoft photo app from making photos in an album into a slideshow and only...

How to stop Microsoft photo app from making photos in an album into a slideshow and only...: How do I stop Microsoft 10/photo app version 2021.21090.10008.0 from turning photos in an album into a slideshow? I did not create a slideshow & I do not want a slideshow! I only want to view INDIVIDUAL photos. There are no click through arrows or way to stop the slideshow...
  6. created new album in Photo but cant find it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    created new album in Photo but cant find it: Hi, I was viewing pics on Windows 10 laptop and wanted to save the best ones, I used the "add to" option to create a new album, however now I cant find the the new album I created. Any help would would be great, Kind regards, Scott...
  7. Is there a way to create albums based on folders in Windows Photos?

Is there a way to create albums based on folders in Windows Photos?: Title says it all really. I'm moving a large 20+ year photo library from the now defunct Google Picasa application to Windows Photos, and all my photographs are stored very neatly by folders. I know I am going to lose a lot of my organisation when I move my library over,...
  8. Create a folder for album saved in Photos , or, how to transfer an album saved in photos...

Create a folder for album saved in Photos , or, how to transfer an album saved in photos...: Unable to transfer an Album 300photos in Photos to burn to a DVD or disc How to Create a file folder to transfer the album to - or actually transfer the album so I could burn to a dvd...
  9. How to create a photo album

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to create a photo album: Create an album by opening 'Photos', select 'Create > Album'. Select the pictures you want to include, then select 'Create'. For more info click here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/tips/home/photo-basics#createalbumphotos [ATTACH]...
  10. Windows Photos stops auto-creating albums on a given date

Windows Photos stops auto-creating albums on a given date: Hey All, As per the subject line, my Windows Photos app stops auto-creating albums on a given date in the past. It was always like that, since I got this PC, on various Windows 10 versions (I'm on 1803 now which works absolutely fine). In essence: it does auto-create albums...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows keeps making photo albums how to make it stop

2. stop windows from creating photo albums