Windows 10: How to stop windows from enabling a disabled driver

Discus and support How to stop windows from enabling a disabled driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a 7 years old laptop that has 2 graphics cards (the one that is integrated to cpu (i7-3612QM/HD4000) and an ATIgraphics card (Radeon HD7670M)).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by a252nac, Sep 25, 2019.

1. a252nac Win User

How to stop windows from enabling a disabled driver

I have a 7 years old laptop that has 2 graphics cards (the one that is integrated to cpu (i7-3612QM/HD4000) and an ATIgraphics card (Radeon HD7670M)).

The ATI graphics card died last month which caused BSOD (DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION) every bootup. I tried four versions of the ATI drivers which still ends up with BSOD so I came down to the conclusion that the ATI card died. As a result I decided to carry on with the Intel graphics and disabled the ATI drivers.( I can uninstall its driver however windows loves reinstalling its driver which causes BSOD)

This method works most of the time, however windows enables the driver maybe once every two weeks or so which cause BSOD (DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION) after 2-3minutes freeze. I have to go to safe mode to disable the driver that somehow enabled itself.

Is there any way to tell windows not to enable that driver so I don't need to have sudden BSOD?

BTW: Since it is a laptop, the ATI graphics card cannot be removed from the motherboard without breaking it.

:)

a252nac, Sep 25, 2019
  2. bsletu Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

Its working fine with windows 8.1 64bit . Dont need enable driver enforce when you restart computer.

Step 1 : Copy file RTKVHD64.sys ( Driver mod ) to folder Vista64 in orginal driver .
    Step 2 : Enable Driver Signature Enforcement
    Step 3 : Setup Driver from step 1 , Dont Restart .
    Step 4 : Turn on DTS 5.1 format .
    Step 5 ; Disable Driver Realtek in Driver manager
    Step 6 : Copy file RTKVHD64.sys ( original Driver ) in Vista 64 (Original Driver ) to C:\system 32\Drivers
    Step 7 : Restart computer then enable driver realtek in Driver manager .
    DTS 5.1 disappear in format sounds but it still working . You dont need change format sound.

How to stop windows from enabling a disabled driver Untitled_zpsedb93c8a.png

bsletu, Sep 25, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 25, 2019
  4. How to stop windows from enabling a disabled driver

Unable to disable touchpad drivers.

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. Don’t worry. We will assist to resolve this issue.

I would suggest you to enable the touchpad drivers, restart the computer and then again disable it and check if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, Download and Install the latest touch pad drivers from the manufacturer’s website and check.

You can install previous operating system drivers in compatibility mode if there are no Windows 10 compatible drivers.

Follow these steps:

b) In the search box type “Run programs made for previous versions of Windows” and select it from the list.

d)Select the drivers and
    install

Once you update the latest drivers, try to disable touch pad.

Try the above suggestion and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

How to stop windows from enabling a disabled driver

1. How to stop windows from enabling a disabled driver - Similar Threads - stop enabling disabled

2. How to enable a disk that was disabled

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to enable a disk that was disabled: Some time ago I installed a SDD in my Lenovo desktop Win10 and disabled the hard drive, and now want to use that drive to store a backup clone of my system. I don't recall the steps used to perform the disable, but I believe I utilized either disk or device management...
  3. How to enable disabled Home Key from Registry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to enable disabled Home Key from Registry: Hi, I have disabled home keyboard for some reason from here and I want to enable it back. I didnt back up my registry. So is there any ways to enable the key from registry?...
  4. How to enable disabled Home Key from Registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable disabled Home Key from Registry: Hi, I have disabled home keyboard for some reason from here and I want to enable it back. I didnt back up my registry. So is there any ways to enable the key from registry?...
  5. stop windows from enabling ipv6

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    stop windows from enabling ipv6: Windows 10 keep enabling IPV6 everytime my computer shuts down, and for my vpn to work properly i cannot have ipv6 turned on, how do i turn this off without windows turning it back on submitted by /u/leo14770 [link] [comments]...
  6. How to Enable or Disable Including Driver Updates in Windows Update in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to Enable or Disable Including Driver Updates in Windows Update in Windows 10: By default, Windows 10 will automatically download and install drivers in Windows Update when they are available. Starting with Windows 10 build 14328, there's a new policy included that you can use to enable or disable to include drivers with Windows updates. This can be...
  7. How to stop windows from updating drivers?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to stop windows from updating drivers?: Before any generic response comes to annoy me even more than windows's **** update policy, i have selected "no" in device installation settings. Nothing happened. I have disabled anything related to windows update handling drivers in the registry, nothing happened. At the...
  8. How to Automate Disable/Enable of Display Driver

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How to Automate Disable/Enable of Display Driver: I have a problem where, to get Windows to run smoothly, I have to disable the display driver, via Device Manager, on shutdown. This forces Windows to load the basic display driver on startup and allows me to re-enable the Intel driver once I get to the desktop. Without doing...
  9. How to Automate Disable/Enable of Display Driver

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Automate Disable/Enable of Display Driver: I have a problem where, to get Windows to run smoothly, I have to disable the display driver, via Device Manager, on shutdown. This forces Windows to load the basic display driver on startup and allows me to re-enable the Intel driver once I get to the desktop. Without doing...
  10. Enable and Disable Driver Verifier in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable and Disable Driver Verifier in Windows 10: How to: Enable and Disable Driver Verifier in Windows 10 Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable in Windows 10 Driver Verifier is a diagnostic tool built into Windows 10, it is designed to verify both native Microsoft drivers and third party drivers. Driver Verifier's...