Windows 10: How to stop windows from keep on installing graphics card driver over and over?

Discus and support How to stop windows from keep on installing graphics card driver over and over? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; The latest intel graphics card version for me is 31.0.101.2111 but windows update keeps trying to install the previous driver version over and over. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ....7321, Aug 19, 2022.

1. ....7321 Win User

How to stop windows from keep on installing graphics card driver over and over?

The latest intel graphics card version for me is 31.0.101.2111 but windows update keeps trying to install the previous driver version over and over. I have tried hiding the updates, blocking them, pausing the update, etc. but windows still keeps on reverting my graphics card driver. Please tell me how I can fix this.

:)

....7321, Aug 19, 2022

2. Nvidia Graphics Card

Hello Brian,

I request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Right click on the Start menu.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Aug 19, 2022
  3. Unsupported Graphics card .

Hello Ayush,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Aug 19, 2022
  4. How to stop windows from keep on installing graphics card driver over and over?

Unable to install graphics card driver on Windows 10.

Hello Alex,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

You may be facing the above issue due to no graphics card drivers installed on your PC. If a device driver is not installed, then the particular device will not be supported on the PC. Any device driver installed on the PC will be visible under
    Device manager.

Method 1: I suggest you to download and install the latest and most compatible graphics card driver for Windows 10 operating system from the manufacturer’s website and check if the device driver is visible under
    Device manager.

Method 2: If the issue persists, I suggest you to install the drivers in compatibility mode by
    following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 1: Compatibility mode runs the program in the current version of Windows using the settings from previous version of Windows.

• Download the latest driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website or locate the driver setup file of the previous operating system in your PC.

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on
      properties

• Click on the compatibility tab, check the box
      Run this program in compatibility mode for, select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.

• Once the driver is installed in compatibility mode,
      restart the PC for the effective changes to take place.

Step 2: You can also follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Aug 19, 2022
Thema:

How to stop windows from keep on installing graphics card driver over and over?

1. How to stop windows from keep on installing graphics card driver over and over? - Similar Threads - stop keep installing

2. KB5034123 installed but keeps trying to install over and over

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5034123 installed but keeps trying to install over and over: This update has messed my system - I now have glitching audio and wifi issues ever since this update has been installed and yet the system is still trying to install it. How to uninstall it or clear the cache/log/registry to remove the failed versions?...
  3. KB5034123 installed but keeps trying to install over and over

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KB5034123 installed but keeps trying to install over and over: This update has messed my system - I now have glitching audio and wifi issues ever since this update has been installed and yet the system is still trying to install it. How to uninstall it or clear the cache/log/registry to remove the failed versions?...
  4. KB5007651 Version 1.0.2306.10002 keeps installing over and over

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5007651 Version 1.0.2306.10002 keeps installing over and over: This have been going on for days now.It just keeps reinstalling over and over.Anyone else got this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kb5007651-version-10230610002-keeps-installing/84c0b480-2782-43c1-a00c-ed89060d3d46
  5. How to stop windows from keep on installing graphics card driver over and over?

How to stop windows from keep on installing graphics card driver over and over?: The latest intel graphics card version for me is 31.0.101.2111 but windows update keeps trying to install the previous driver version over and over. I have tried hiding the updates, blocking them, pausing the update, etc. but windows still keeps on reverting my graphics card...
  6. windows update keep installing the same thing over and over

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update keep installing the same thing over and over: I let it run for more than 10 hours and it never seem to be finish.it keep installing the top one and when it reach 100% it start to install the bottom one and when it reach 100% it start to install the top one again and the process keep repeating what do I do?...
  7. windows update keep installing the same thing over and over

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows update keep installing the same thing over and over: I let it run for more than 10 hours and it never seem to be finish.it keep installing the top one and when it reach 100% it start to install the bottom one and when it reach 100% it start to install the top one again and the process keep repeating what do I do?...
  8. windows update keep installing the same thing over and over

9. How do I stop M$ from disabling my LAN over and over and over....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I stop M$ from disabling my LAN over and over and over....: Every single time there's any kind of update, my LAN gets disabled. See details here: Network Computers are Not Visible in Windows 10 All I have to do is open Winaero Tweaker and click a box (instead of opening services and scrolling down to "Function Discovery Resource...
  10. How do I stop M$ from disabling my LAN over and over and over....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I stop M$ from disabling my LAN over and over and over....: Every single fucking time there's any kind of update, my LAN gets disabled. See details here: Network Computers are Not Visible in Windows 10 I all have to do is open Winaero Tweaker and click a box (instead of opening services and scrolling down to "Function Discovery...