Windows 10: How to stop Windows from older driver updates.

Discus and support How to stop Windows from older driver updates. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I am running the latest W10 build version 1909 with all updates. On one of my laptops with an AMD Vega 3 GPU. Everytime I update the driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Arjan Wolthuis, Jan 10, 2020.

1. How to stop Windows from older driver updates.

Hello,

I am running the latest W10 build version 1909 with all updates.

On one of my laptops with an AMD Vega 3 GPU. Everytime I update the driver to an newer version than 26.20.12037.1000 Windows update reverses me to the version mentioned here. This is rather annoying.

I've tried disabeling ''update other MS products'' in Windows update settings.

https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/disable-automatic-driver-downloads-on-windows-10 also this link

And DDU Display driver uninstaller also doesn't solve this.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

:)

Arjan Wolthuis, Jan 10, 2020
  2. Aquinus Win User

How to stop Win10 updating graphic driver!?

Lets spell it out.

Step 1:
    *58545-fa872538b0c15b9244d2b68545aca47a.jpg*
    Step 2:
    *58548-bf9c1c1e216891af0acda42b811599d2.jpg*
    Step 3:
    *58546-72c7a68628981eb35d0f9b4e8a5ea782.jpg*
    Step 4:
    *58547-b9cb38c7af783e2b5b90c1523e5ec819.jpg*

This isn't rocket science, people.

Aquinus, Jan 10, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jan 10, 2020
  4. StefanM Win User

How to stop Windows from older driver updates.

How to stop Win10 updating graphic driver!?

There is a workaround i'm using successfuly since 2 months described at Guru3D
    I suggest to create a system restore point before using it.

In your case you have to replace the title with "AMD*" of course.

StefanM, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

How to stop Windows from older driver updates.

1. How to stop Windows from older driver updates. - Similar Threads - stop older driver

2. Windows Update to Older Driver Version?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update to Older Driver Version?: Why does Microsoft's Windows Update automatically update the Intel Iris Xe Graphics driver to version 31.0.101.4032 dated 12/21/2022 over Dell's version 31.0.101.4575 dated 7/11/2023 which is older?...
  3. Windows update is reinstalling older driver

Windows update is reinstalling older driver: Im using Lenovo Ideapad S340 and using the Intel driver and support assistant im trying to install Intel® 7th-10th Gen Processor Graphics - Windows* drivers but after the installation is complete windows update reinstalls this driver Intel Corporation - Display -...
  4. Windows update is reinstalling older drivers

Windows update is reinstalling older drivers: Im using Lenovo Ideapad S340 and using the Intel driver and support assistant im trying to install Intel® 7th-10th Gen Processor Graphics - Windows* drivers but after the installation is complete windows update reinstalls this driver Intel Corporation - Display -...
  5. Windows update is reinstalling older drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows update is reinstalling older drivers: Im using Lenovo Ideapad S340 and using the Intel driver and support assistant im trying to install Intel® 7th-10th Gen Processor Graphics - Windows* drivers but after the installation is complete windows update reinstalls this driver Intel Corporation - Display -...
  6. How to stop windows update from installing driver updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop windows update from installing driver updates: I have ASUS Vivobook 16X OLED with AMD Ryzen 7 500H and Radeon built in graphic driver. I've faced an issue with screen flickering which is caused by an outdated graphics software, and AMD recently released an update which solved the issue. Now windows updated forces me to...
  7. How to stop windows update from installing driver updates

How to stop windows update from installing driver updates: I have ASUS Vivobook 16X OLED with AMD Ryzen 7 500H and Radeon built in graphic driver. I've faced an issue with screen flickering which is caused by an outdated graphics software, and AMD recently released an update which solved the issue. Now windows updated forces me to...
  8. Windows Update downloads older drivers

Windows Update downloads older drivers: i have a laptop with windows 11, i5 8th gen and uhd 620. i recently found that my graphics card had very old drivers 27.20.100.8935, 28/10/2020 so i headed to intel website, searched drivers for my graphics card and downloaded the most recent one 31.0.101.2111, 19/07/2022 but...
  9. How to stop windows from updating drivers?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to stop windows from updating drivers?: Before any generic response comes to annoy me even more than windows's **** update policy, i have selected "no" in device installation settings. Nothing happened. I have disabled anything related to windows update handling drivers in the registry, nothing happened. At the...
  10. How do I install an older graphics driver and stop future updates?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I install an older graphics driver and stop future updates?: I use Intel HD Graphics 4000 that came with my i5 3570. My main online game is an old golf sim, Links 2003. I am able to play the game quite well in Win 7 with the 2012 video driver version, but all the more current versions have problems with that game. This is easily solved...