Windows 10: How to stop Windows from reinstalling a diferent version of AMD Radeon drivers?

Discus and support How to stop Windows from reinstalling a diferent version of AMD Radeon drivers? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Im trying to install the last update of the Radeon GPU drivers for my RX 6600XT, but Windows Update is installing a diferent version of it. How do I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Julian David Henao Nagi, Sep 14, 2021.

1. How to stop Windows from reinstalling a diferent version of AMD Radeon drivers?

Im trying to install the last update of the Radeon GPU drivers for my RX 6600XT, but Windows Update is installing a diferent version of it. How do I fix this?

:)

Julian David Henao Nagi, Sep 14, 2021

2. Driver Error AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000

ok, it didn't work after all. windows update has seemingly installed another
    driver update for my amd mobility radeon hd 5000, this time breaking it again.

i tried what you suggested step by step, but that didn't work either. I'll try it again with running a win 7 driver in compatibility between steps two and three and keep you posted on the results.

WanjaLeuthold, Sep 14, 2021
  3. Stop AMD Display Driver

Please provide solution for completely stopping driver download for AMD Radeon. This hardware has gone bad and I can't remove it from mother board.

I have a i7 laptop with SSD and it runs very fast except that now it has become useless because of windows auto install of drivers.

So far:

1. I went to safe mode, unistalled driver from Device Manager with delete files option. After this laptop is working fine.

2. Registry - I have added following

ExcludeWUDriversInQualityUpdate - set to 1 under

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate

3. Control panel - Advance System Settings - Device Installation Settings - Set automatic download to No.

Despite step 2 and step 3 , reboot brings back the AMD Driver under Display Drivers and I have just few seconds before I uninstall or computer hangs ( after which its the whole drill of safe mode, uninstall driver .. and in safe mode also it hangs if I lose
    the race against the pc after which screen hangs ).

Side note - To play around, I also noticed that even I do hardware scan in Device Manager, AMD Radeon comes back immediately. But since I am there, I uninstall before PC hangs.

So what I need ?

Disable AMD Radeon display forever.

Stop auto update of AMD driver.

Ensure that windows updates comes through without downloading AMD.

HimanshuPuri12, Sep 14, 2021
Thema:

How to stop Windows from reinstalling a diferent version of AMD Radeon drivers?

1. How to stop Windows from reinstalling a diferent version of AMD Radeon drivers? - Similar Threads - stop reinstalling diferent

2. how to Stop Windows Update from installing drivers for your AMD Radeon graphics

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to Stop Windows Update from installing drivers for your AMD Radeon graphics: Hey, I am trying to update graphics drivers on my windows 10 but I am not able to do so and the application is showing this message. How can I stop windows to automatically update display drivers and not replace amd drivers...
  3. how to Stop Windows Update from installing drivers for your AMD Radeon graphics

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to Stop Windows Update from installing drivers for your AMD Radeon graphics: Hey, I am trying to update graphics drivers on my windows 10 but I am not able to do so and the application is showing this message. How can I stop windows to automatically update display drivers and not replace amd drivers...
  4. how to Stop Windows Update from installing drivers for your AMD Radeon graphics

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How can I stop Windows Update from automatically installing drivers for AMD Radeon graphics?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I stop Windows Update from automatically installing drivers for AMD Radeon graphics?: How can I stop Windows Update from automatically installing drivers for AMD Radeon graphics? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-stop-windows-update-from-automatically/3c934d4b-9bb8-4dea-af16-47e786f64575
  6. How can I stop Windows Update from automatically installing drivers for AMD Radeon graphics?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I stop Windows Update from automatically installing drivers for AMD Radeon graphics?: How can I stop Windows Update from automatically installing drivers for AMD Radeon graphics? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-stop-windows-update-from-automatically/3c934d4b-9bb8-4dea-af16-47e786f64575
  7. Stop AMD Radeon Display Driver installation

Stop AMD Radeon Display Driver installation: i have a lapton running windows 10 home. its quite fast i7 , SSD and 8GB ram. AMD chip on mother board has gone bad and I can't remove it. Windows installs AMD everytime i reboot because of which laptop has become unusable. 1. I have changed the advance system properties...
  8. AMD Radeon Drivers

AMD Radeon Drivers: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 laptop. The last build that worked correctly was 1803. All builds after that have had bad AMD Radeon video drivers. Driver updates from AMD do not solve the problem. Windows works in Safe Mode but studders in normal boot on all apps and...
  9. AMD Radeon drivers

AMD Radeon drivers: Why do AMD graphics card drivers need Windows to be fully updated unlike NVIDIA? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-radeon-drivers/9f190e98-7db9-4a9e-96f1-e1ae719c3731
  10. How to Stop Radeon Driver Upates

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How to Stop Radeon Driver Upates: I have set Windows Device Installation Settings not to download manufacturers apps and disabled the task AMD Updater in Autoruns. However, Windows 10 Pro still updated my Radeon driver today when I really didn't want it to - and also set all the icons to the left at the...