Windows 10: How to stop windows from reopening apps on restart?

Discus and support How to stop windows from reopening apps on restart? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Exactly what it says, what's the fix? is there any way I can stop this from happening? Besides taking extra steps to shut down, 99.9% of the time a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TechLimited, Jan 10, 2019.

1. How to stop windows from reopening apps on restart?

Exactly what it says, what's the fix? is there any way I can stop this from happening? Besides taking extra steps to shut down, 99.9% of the time a restart is done to restart WITH ZERO RUNNING PROGRAMS, If I wanted my programs to restart every time I restarted the pc, I would own a damn mac, at least it asks you if you want to reopen everything instead of forcing it to happen without your control.

:)

TechLimited, Jan 10, 2019

2. Apps reopening on start up after shutdown/restart

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern. Please confirm if you already install the
    January 31st update (KB4058258 (OS Build 16299.214)) and perform the steps provided
    by PaulSey....

You can also use command line to disable apps from auto reopening in Windows.

• Open Command Prompt and type command shutdown -t 0 -s to shut down.
    • If you want to restart use command shutdown -t 0 -r and hit Enter.

Let us know how it goes.

Lemuel Cie, Jan 10, 2019
  3. Programs Reopening after restart in windows 10.

We are volunteers willing to help you try to resolve this issue.

Yes, 1709 has a slightly buggy instant of Auto Reopen. Hopefully, it will be fixed in a coming update.

Check this :

Stop Auto Reopen of Programs after Restart in Windows 10

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/stop-auto-reo...

Please let us know the results and if you need further assistance.

SpiritX MS MVP, Jan 10, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

How to stop windows from reopening apps on restart?

Brink, Jan 10, 2019
Thema:

How to stop windows from reopening apps on restart?

1. How to stop windows from reopening apps on restart? - Similar Threads - stop reopening apps

2. How to stop my laptop from restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop my laptop from restarting: Hii there, I installed an application "advanced driver updater" and updated 2-3 drivers, after which my laptop Windows 10 Pro is restarting from its own again and again by saying the following"Your device ran into a problem and need to restart and then we'll restart for you"I...
  3. How to stop my laptop from restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop my laptop from restarting: Hii there, I installed an application "advanced driver updater" and updated 2-3 drivers, after which my laptop Windows 10 Pro is restarting from its own again and again by saying the following"Your device ran into a problem and need to restart and then we'll restart for you"I...
  4. How to stop my laptop from restarting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How to stop Windows 11 from reopening program windows on restart or sign-in

in Windows 10 News
    How to stop Windows 11 from reopening program windows on restart or sign-in: Windows 11 may remember which application windows and File Explorer windows you had open the last time to reopen them again. The browser or Microsoft Excel document, which was open the last time, may be opened automatically on the next start. The feature was introduced in...
  6. How to stop Windows from suspending apps?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to stop Windows from suspending apps?: So sometimes apps get "suspended" if the system doesn't want them running in the background. The apps get a green leaf icon in task manager with a tooltip that reads, "This UWP group is suspending processes to improve system performance." I want this function completely...
  7. Windows 10 apps to not reopen after restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 apps to not reopen after restart: Hi, I am running the latest version of W10. I am on a ThinkPad W530 with 32GB of RAM. My privacy setting is set as per the screenshot below. I am unable to find an answer to this issue online. Please advise. Thanks! [ATTACH] --Sherman *** Email address is removed for...
  8. How to Stop Windows 10 From Reopening Your Previous Applications After

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Stop Windows 10 From Reopening Your Previous Applications After: "When you shut down or sign out, Windows 10 remembers which applications you had open. It automatically launches them the next time you start your PC. You can disable this if you’d like to sign into a clean desktop." Source: How to Stop Windows 10 From Reopening Your Previous...
  9. How to stop windows from restarting automatically

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to stop windows from restarting automatically: This is becoming a big issue for me - I have lots of windows open like spreadsheets, documents, web pages, etc. I never shut my computer off but at night, windows keeps rebooting my machine and I'm losing a lot of work. It seems to be getting worse - rebooting more often of...
  10. on a restart Fall Creators Update reopens apps from before

in Windows 10 Support
    on a restart Fall Creators Update reopens apps from before: After a Restart, all the apps that I had open and running before shutting down are reopened (and all tabs in a browser, if that's one of the apps that was open before). In Creators Update this didn't happen, apps were closed on shutting down and stayed that way on a restart....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stop windows 10 from reopening app

2. apps reopening automatically after restart

3. Apps reopening on start up after shutdown/restart

4. stop windows 10 reopening programs after restart