Windows 10: How to stop windows from restarting automatically

Discus and support How to stop windows from restarting automatically in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This is becoming a big issue for me - I have lots of windows open like spreadsheets, documents, web pages, etc. I never shut my computer off but at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NickMD, Oct 14, 2018.

1. NickMD Win User

How to stop windows from restarting automatically

This is becoming a big issue for me - I have lots of windows open like spreadsheets, documents, web pages, etc. I never shut my computer off but at night, windows keeps rebooting my machine and I'm losing a lot of work. It seems to be getting worse - rebooting more often of late.

I paused updates but it's still restarting. After that happens, I have to go into each office document and try to "auto-recover". This is very annoying Microsoft. Not to mention other programs that are abruptly killed on a reboot and the amount of work lost.

Please help.

:)

NickMD, Oct 14, 2018

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Oct 14, 2018
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile How to stop windows from restarting automatically :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Oct 14, 2018
  4. How to stop windows from restarting automatically

System restarts automatically?????HELP!!!!!

Turn off Windows Automatic Restarts so you can see what type of BSOD the system is popping.

eidairaman1, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

How to stop windows from restarting automatically

1. How to stop windows from restarting automatically - Similar Threads - stop restarting automatically

2. How to stop automatic restart for update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop automatic restart for update: Recently I was not using my laptop for a while and when I returned I found it had restarted. In that weird way though where the lock screen changes to the default. When I log in unsaved files had been closed which is stupid. There was no update in Windows update history which...
  3. How to stop automatic restart for update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop automatic restart for update: Recently I was not using my laptop for a while and when I returned I found it had restarted. In that weird way though where the lock screen changes to the default. When I log in unsaved files had been closed which is stupid. There was no update in Windows update history which...
  4. How do I stop Windows 10 Automatic Updates from restarting PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop Windows 10 Automatic Updates from restarting PC: I cannot find a way to not have Windows restart randomly. I am using it as a server and it can cause save file corruption because it does not get a chance to shut down correctly. I'm fine with downloading whenever, but there has to be a setting to only allow manual restarts...
  5. How do I stop Windows 10 Automatic Updates from restarting PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop Windows 10 Automatic Updates from restarting PC: I cannot find a way to not have Windows restart randomly. I am using it as a server and it can cause save file corruption because it does not get a chance to shut down correctly. I'm fine with downloading whenever, but there has to be a setting to only allow manual restarts...
  6. How do I stop Windows 10 Automatic Updates from restarting PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. How to stop folders from being automatically created after restart

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to stop folders from being automatically created after restart: I am trying to keep my PC organized. I have two drives C: and S:. C hold the OS and all program drives while S is dedicated to file storage. There are a few folders in S: that keep being automatically created every time the computer restarts, no matter how many times I delete...
  8. Stopping Windows from automatically restarting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stopping Windows from automatically restarting: I need to record video 24x7 for weeks on end. How do I stop Windows 10 Home from not updating and rebooting in the middle of the recording? the recording stops every 8 hours to open a new file - but that only takes 3 seconds I tried to change Active hours, but you cannot...
  9. How to stop windows 10 from automatically restarting to update when pc is idle?.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to stop windows 10 from automatically restarting to update when pc is idle?.: This is a very annoying feature, I generally leave my PC on at night and when there's an update that needs a restart then windows restarts automatically when the PC is idle even though I left it on to download things... How can I disable that? or at least make it stop...
  10. Stop Windows automatically restarting itself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stop Windows automatically restarting itself: I have a windows machine now for using 3D software and a few times now when I've left it to render over a 6 hour period I've come back to find the computer has restarted itself I've even paused updates for 7 days but it's still restarting, is there a way to permanently...