Windows 10: How to stop Windows from suspending apps?

Discus and support How to stop Windows from suspending apps? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So sometimes apps get "suspended" if the system doesn't want them running in the background. The apps get a green leaf icon in task manager with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ian Patterson, Apr 1, 2020.

1. How to stop Windows from suspending apps?

So sometimes apps get "suspended" if the system doesn't want them running in the background. The apps get a green leaf icon in task manager with a tooltip that reads, "This UWP group is suspending processes to improve system performance."

I want this function completely shut off. Is that even possible?

I know it's normal function of Windows, but mine is bugged out and suspending tasks that aren't supposed to be.

Thanks for any help.

:)

Ian Patterson, Apr 1, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Apps/processes being suspended!

Sorry you can't follow those. I can only suggest them.

The main idea of the first is the impact of an AV
    It therefore follows that you could consider which AV you are using.

In the second a solution found was
    It therefore follows that you could consider trying that, if meaningful in your case.

Note the final para of that thread indicates that is game-related- i.e. not a Windows service.

Conclusion:
    Both of these point to a 3rd party program being installed causing processes to be suspended.

It therefore follows that should you see if you have anything a bit unusual installed that is having the effect you are seeing.

dalchina, Apr 1, 2020
  3. SSShadii Win User
    Apps suspend when minimized, music stops

On my desktop, when I run a music app in Windows 10, say Plug radio or Tunein, it stops playing music after a second or two of being minimized. If I maximize, it starts playing again. If I change the volume with the keyboard, and the little pop up window with volume, artist, song info, etc. pops up, it starts playing again, but as soon as it fades away, it stops again.

I checked under Task Manager, and the .exe file for the app suspends when you minimize it, and starts running again when you maximize it.

I have a laptop that I also upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1, and it doesn't do this. I can minimize the same apps and they continue to play. When the desktop was Windows 8.1, I didn't have this problem.

Any ideas why it would do this, and how to fix?

Thank you.

SSShadii, Apr 1, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

How to stop Windows from suspending apps?

dalchina, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

How to stop Windows from suspending apps?

1. How to stop Windows from suspending apps? - Similar Threads - stop suspending apps

2. How to stop windows from suspending BattlEye launcher automatically?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop windows from suspending BattlEye launcher automatically?: So I downloaded PUBG on my Windows 10 laptop and everytime I try to run it, my task manager suspends my BattlEye launcher and prevents the game from starting. I have researched this quite a bit and nothing works. I checked my specs, CPU, GPU, etc. and everything is compatible...
  3. How to stop windows from suspending BattlEye launcher automatically?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to stop windows from suspending BattlEye launcher automatically?: So I downloaded PUBG on my Windows 10 laptop and everytime I try to run it, my task manager suspends my BattlEye launcher and prevents the game from starting. I have researched this quite a bit and nothing works. I checked my specs, CPU, GPU, etc. and everything is compatible...
  4. How to stop windows 11 from suspending apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop windows 11 from suspending apps: I have found that I am unable to work due to windows suspending my Azure VPN connection even if I set the priority to realtime in services and allow to always run the app in the background.What seems to be working is to enable efficiency mode on task manager.This stops the...
  5. How to stop windows 11 from suspending apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop windows 11 from suspending apps: I have found that I am unable to work due to windows suspending my Azure VPN connection even if I set the priority to realtime in services and allow to always run the app in the background.What seems to be working is to enable efficiency mode on task manager.This stops the...
  6. Stopping Windows from Suspending Apps Automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stopping Windows from Suspending Apps Automatically: I'm trying to troubleshoot potential reasons for why a certain game keeps crashing. I've noticed that, upon entering this specific game, and checking task manager, one of the tasks connected to the game acquires as green leaf icon, and I am informed that the "UWP Process was...
  7. Stopping Windows from Suspending Apps Automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stopping Windows from Suspending Apps Automatically: I'm trying to troubleshoot potential reasons for why a certain game keeps crashing. I've noticed that, upon entering this specific game, and checking task manager, one of the tasks connected to the game acquires as green leaf icon, and I am informed that the "UWP Process was...
  8. Stopping Windows from Suspending Apps Automatically

9. How Can I Stop Windows 10 From Suspending My Apps?

How Can I Stop Windows 10 From Suspending My Apps?: Windows is Going On Suspending My Much Needed Apps. How Do I Stop Windows From Doing That.Thanks For Any Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-stop-windows-10-from-suspending-my-apps/9b67b7f9-f7eb-4005-a497-d6408f9d27ca
  10. How to stop a Win32 app from getting suspended ?

How to stop a Win32 app from getting suspended ?: I really need some help here. I have an msi GL63 laptop with an intel i5 9300H cpu and gtx 1660ti graphics. My cpu has been draining too much power Nearly 15 watts at idle due to a software issue. The laptop has the MSI dragon center app. Now when the app is active,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to stop uwp from suspending processes

2. minecraft task manager suspended

3. how do i stop uwp from suspending

4. this uwp process group is suspending,
  5. stop microsoft edge suspended state,
  6. stop windows from suspending applications,
  7. uwp suspending processes,
  8. stop suspending app windows 10,
  9. uwp process group is suspending processes