Windows 10: How to stop Windows Update from autodownloading/installing drivers?

Discus and support How to stop Windows Update from autodownloading/installing drivers? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, Does anyone know how I can stop Windows Updates from automatically downloading and installing device drivers? I've used several registry hacks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LongRangeSkeet, Jun 19, 2020.

1. How to stop Windows Update from autodownloading/installing drivers?

Hello,

Does anyone know how I can stop Windows Updates from automatically downloading and installing device drivers?

I've used several registry hacks and the wushowhide.diagcab; however, so far, it doesn't seem to have worked.

Windows Update insists on automatically downloading and reinstalling very old Realtek and Intel drivers on one of my system and Asus drivers on another system.

Both are running Windows 10 Home 1909.

Thanks.

:)

LongRangeSkeet, Jun 19, 2020

2. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Jun 19, 2020
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Jun 19, 2020
  4. wolf2009 Win User

How to stop Windows Update from autodownloading/installing drivers?

Stop windows automatic driver install

I'm having a problem with installing a nvidia card. windows 7 automatically installs some wdm 1.1 drivers, then when i install the 195.39 drivers, it gives me less performance. like the cards lags in games when it should run fine.

how can i stop windows from installing the drivers automatically ?

i tried checking the "don't install drivers from windows update" in device manager. it still installs it.

wolf2009, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

How to stop Windows Update from autodownloading/installing drivers?

1. How to stop Windows Update from autodownloading/installing drivers? - Similar Threads - stop Update autodownloading

2. How to stop MS-Store from autodownloading and autoupdating apps???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop MS-Store from autodownloading and autoupdating apps???: I have a very thin internet connection that cannot afford any download at any time. So I have clearly set the MS-Store to NOT AUTODOWNLOAD and NOT AUTOUPDATE..But WHY is it anyway autodownloading and autoupdating the apps???HOW TO STOP MS-STORE FROM AUTODOWNLOADING AND...
  3. How to stop MS-Store from autodownloading and autoupdating apps???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop MS-Store from autodownloading and autoupdating apps???: I have a very thin internet connection that cannot afford any download at any time. So I have clearly set the MS-Store to NOT AUTODOWNLOAD and NOT AUTOUPDATE..But WHY is it anyway autodownloading and autoupdating the apps???HOW TO STOP MS-STORE FROM AUTODOWNLOADING AND...
  4. How to stop windows update from installing driver updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop windows update from installing driver updates: I have ASUS Vivobook 16X OLED with AMD Ryzen 7 500H and Radeon built in graphic driver. I've faced an issue with screen flickering which is caused by an outdated graphics software, and AMD recently released an update which solved the issue. Now windows updated forces me to...
  5. How to stop windows update from installing driver updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop windows update from installing driver updates: I have ASUS Vivobook 16X OLED with AMD Ryzen 7 500H and Radeon built in graphic driver. I've faced an issue with screen flickering which is caused by an outdated graphics software, and AMD recently released an update which solved the issue. Now windows updated forces me to...
  6. Stop Windows From Installing Drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stop Windows From Installing Drivers: I have a Dell laptop and as anyone who's bought one recently knows, the realtek drivers are absolute garbage causing popping noises and delays in sounds being played with external speakers. Good news is, you can just remove the garbage realtek ones and use the generic AC97...
  7. How to stop windows from updating drivers?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to stop windows from updating drivers?: Before any generic response comes to annoy me even more than windows's **** update policy, i have selected "no" in device installation settings. Nothing happened. I have disabled anything related to windows update handling drivers in the registry, nothing happened. At the...
  8. How to stop Windows from older driver updates.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to stop Windows from older driver updates.: Hello, I am running the latest W10 build version 1909 with all updates. On one of my laptops with an AMD Vega 3 GPU. Everytime I update the driver to an newer version than 26.20.12037.1000 Windows update reverses me to the version mentioned here. This is rather annoying....
  9. How To Stop Windows Update Installing Driver?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How To Stop Windows Update Installing Driver?: Windows 10 keeps installing the ASUS Smart Gesture touchpad driver on my laptop. The driver is garbage and it runs three memory resident processes, which seems rather excessive for a touchpad driver. The default Windows touchpad driver works perfectly well, so I want to use...
  10. How to Stop Windows Update from re-installing the touchpad driver

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to Stop Windows Update from re-installing the touchpad driver: Hey guys I am new to Windows 10 Pro and I am having an issue with my Touchpad driver, it seems to want to mess up and not move to where I need it to go, so I uninstalled it from the Programs and Features menu, but my issue is it keeps popping back up in Windows Update and...