Windows 10: How to stop windows update from changing my drivers?

Discus and support How to stop windows update from changing my drivers? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Asus UX433FN and the generic audio driver from windows update is bad and I don't want it. I blocked the automatic driver download both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PieroSgrignoli, Aug 12, 2019.

1. How to stop windows update from changing my drivers?

Hi, I have a Asus UX433FN and the generic audio driver from windows update is bad and I don't want it.

I blocked the automatic driver download both in the settings and in the registry to stop windows update from screwing my driver.

I found a realtek audio driver online that make things right with the drop down menu like this: How to stop windows update from changing my drivers? daec21e7-1a62-42b2-b443-791929110354?upload=true.png

That allow me to choose my device when I plug in headphone and stuff, but after a few days windows update automatically put back the new driver with this useless realtek console that ask me when I insert a jack what to do with it instead of allowing me to use the drop down menu (which is gone completely btw), and it makes my headphones not working properly.

I just want to use the driver I installed by myself and not this crap!

:)

PieroSgrignoli, Aug 12, 2019
  2. Aquinus Win User

How to stop Win10 updating graphic driver!?

Lets spell it out.

Step 1:
    *58545-fa872538b0c15b9244d2b68545aca47a.jpg*
    Step 2:
    *58548-bf9c1c1e216891af0acda42b811599d2.jpg*
    Step 3:
    *58546-72c7a68628981eb35d0f9b4e8a5ea782.jpg*
    Step 4:
    *58547-b9cb38c7af783e2b5b90c1523e5ec819.jpg*

This isn't rocket science, people.

Aquinus, Aug 12, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 12, 2019
  4. StefanM Win User

How to stop windows update from changing my drivers?

How to stop Win10 updating graphic driver!?

There is a workaround i'm using successfuly since 2 months described at Guru3D
    I suggest to create a system restore point before using it.

In your case you have to replace the title with "AMD*" of course.

StefanM, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

How to stop windows update from changing my drivers?

1. How to stop windows update from changing my drivers? - Similar Threads - stop update changing

2. How to stop Windows Update from screwing with my graphics drivers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop Windows Update from screwing with my graphics drivers?: So, we have a home built machine running Windows 10 64bit and a AMD Radeon RX 580 Graphics Card. Now we have a problem, where a Windows update keeps updating the graphics card drivers to not up to date ones which causes our games to crash, our ADM Adrenalin edition software...
  3. How to stop Windows Update from screwing with my graphics drivers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop Windows Update from screwing with my graphics drivers?: So, we have a home built machine running Windows 10 64bit and a AMD Radeon RX 580 Graphics Card. Now we have a problem, where a Windows update keeps updating the graphics card drivers to not up to date ones which causes our games to crash, our ADM Adrenalin edition software...
  4. How to stop Windows Update from screwing with my graphics drivers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How to stop windows update from installing driver updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop windows update from installing driver updates: I have ASUS Vivobook 16X OLED with AMD Ryzen 7 500H and Radeon built in graphic driver. I've faced an issue with screen flickering which is caused by an outdated graphics software, and AMD recently released an update which solved the issue. Now windows updated forces me to...
  6. How to stop windows update from installing driver updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop windows update from installing driver updates: I have ASUS Vivobook 16X OLED with AMD Ryzen 7 500H and Radeon built in graphic driver. I've faced an issue with screen flickering which is caused by an outdated graphics software, and AMD recently released an update which solved the issue. Now windows updated forces me to...
  7. How to stop windows from updating drivers?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to stop windows from updating drivers?: Before any generic response comes to annoy me even more than windows's **** update policy, i have selected "no" in device installation settings. Nothing happened. I have disabled anything related to windows update handling drivers in the registry, nothing happened. At the...
  8. How to stop Windows from older driver updates.

How to stop Windows from older driver updates.: Hello, I am running the latest W10 build version 1909 with all updates. On one of my laptops with an AMD Vega 3 GPU. Everytime I update the driver to an newer version than 26.20.12037.1000 Windows update reverses me to the version mentioned here. This is rather annoying....
  9. How to stop Windows from updating my video driver!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to stop Windows from updating my video driver!: Greetings all, Windows 10 Ver 1607 OS Build 14393.693 Windows insists on updating my NVidia graphic driver. I'd REALLY like this to stop; I'll decide when I want to update my video driver, thank you! I've rolled back the driver, but, inevitably, Windows will update...
  10. Stop Windows from changing my drivers

Stop Windows from changing my drivers: Good day all, Yesterday and today, I am having a issue with Windows changing my display driver. I installed it from HP and then AMD had an update, so I downloaded it. All went well until Windows decided they did not like it and changed it back. So, I did it again and again,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how stop windows update changing drivers

2. prevent windows update from changing amd driver