Windows 10: How to stop Windows Updates Auto Driver Installs and Feature Updates?

Discus and support How to stop Windows Updates Auto Driver Installs and Feature Updates? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I am on build Win 10 Home 1909. 1 I would like to know how I can stop Windows from automatically downloading and installing all device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LongRangeSkeet, Jun 19, 2020.

1. How to stop Windows Updates Auto Driver Installs and Feature Updates?

Hello,

I am on build Win 10 Home 1909.

1 I would like to know how I can stop Windows from automatically downloading and installing all device drivers through Windows Update.

2 I would also like to know how to stop Windows from downloading and installing any future feature updates without my permission.

I've applied various registry hacks that I've found online and I've used the wushowhide.diagcab; however, Windows Update insists on downloading and installing older Realtek and Intel drivers. Also, I would like to have full control over when to download and install all future Windows builds and not have Windows/Microsoft make that decision for me.

Thanks

:)

LongRangeSkeet, Jun 19, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to stop Win10 updating graphic driver!?

Thats most important to me, that I have full control over driver installations.
    And with windows updates I'm used to make a restore point before I install any updates, since windows 10 home installs windows updates automatically, does it make restore points before installing just like it went on win7? I have to do it manually on windows 8.1.

P4-630, Jun 19, 2020
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jun 19, 2020
  4. horik Win User

How to stop Windows Updates Auto Driver Installs and Feature Updates?

How to stop Win10 updating graphic driver!?

I use Win10 Home and it does not auto-update graphic drivers.

horik, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

How to stop Windows Updates Auto Driver Installs and Feature Updates?

1. How to stop Windows Updates Auto Driver Installs and Feature Updates? - Similar Threads - stop Updates Auto

2. How to stop windows update from installing driver updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop windows update from installing driver updates: I have ASUS Vivobook 16X OLED with AMD Ryzen 7 500H and Radeon built in graphic driver. I've faced an issue with screen flickering which is caused by an outdated graphics software, and AMD recently released an update which solved the issue. Now windows updated forces me to...
  3. How to stop windows update from installing driver updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop windows update from installing driver updates: I have ASUS Vivobook 16X OLED with AMD Ryzen 7 500H and Radeon built in graphic driver. I've faced an issue with screen flickering which is caused by an outdated graphics software, and AMD recently released an update which solved the issue. Now windows updated forces me to...
  4. Windows 10 driver auto update wont stop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 driver auto update wont stop: So I have followed the guide to stop windows 10 automatically installing drivers, yet it still seems to be updating drivers on my laptop, turned the setting off instantly but it still installs them, and makes my laptop really sluggish and freezing, worked fine before they...
  5. Windows 10 driver auto update wont stop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 driver auto update wont stop: So I have followed the guide to stop windows 10 automatically installing drivers, yet it still seems to be updating drivers on my laptop, turned the setting off instantly but it still installs them, and makes my laptop really sluggish and freezing, worked fine before they...
  6. Windows 10 driver auto update wont stop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Stop Driver Auto-Installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stop Driver Auto-Installation: Hi, I want to know how to prevent Windows from installing and updating drivers on my laptop. Windows keeps updating my graphic card driver to latest version and that said driver is problematic. I also try to uninstall the driver but Windows always install the driver again....
  8. How to stop Windows 10 auto update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to stop Windows 10 auto update?: Thanks to Microsoft's auto update system, A LOT of people lost over 300 hours worth of work on a server I own and run. I left for the store and come back 15 minutes later to my desktop on the startup screen where I needed to enter my username and password. Thanks to this...
  9. How to stop auto windows update

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to stop auto windows update: Every morning when I turn on my device it will be autocratically update and the process take an hour sometimes How can I stop that ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-auto-windows-update/380931a3-300b-4d8d-92fe-67e7295c32fe
  10. How To Stop Windows Update Installing Driver?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How To Stop Windows Update Installing Driver?: Windows 10 keeps installing the ASUS Smart Gesture touchpad driver on my laptop. The driver is garbage and it runs three memory resident processes, which seems rather excessive for a touchpad driver. The default Windows touchpad driver works perfectly well, so I want to use...