Windows 10: How to stop WU from trying to install 1803

Discus and support How to stop WU from trying to install 1803 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; One out of five computers has failed to install 1803 for months. I have tried everything suggested to get it installed with no success. At this point... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by bru, Sep 27, 2018.

1. BRU
    bru Win User

How to stop WU from trying to install 1803

One out of five computers has failed to install 1803 for months. I have tried everything suggested to get it installed with no success.

At this point I want to stop it from trying again. I remember someone posting a way to stop a sepcific update from trying to be installed, while allowing all other WU to function (this computer updates 1709 just fine, definitions fine, etc. so I don't want to completely disrupt WU). I searched and could not find the answer.

I think it was a third party program of some sort. Can anyone help? To keep automatically trying to install 1803 and rendering my computer useless for several hours is getting old and at some point who knows if it will successfully restore the previous version as it does each time it fails.

:)

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 27, 2018
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Sep 27, 2018
  4. paul1149 Win User

Update 1803 installs twice

PrtScr doesn't seem to work on that machine. But I ran WU and it installed a Win Defender update, then said I was up to date. The Check for Updates link then disappeared. Installed Updates listed only two updates, including only one instance of 1803 (kb 4343909). Uninstall updates listed only one instance of kb4343909 as well. I guess I'm going to have to do this routine next time after the local install and before connecting to the MS server, to verify the update actually is registered. There was no error message however.

paul1149, Sep 27, 2018
Thema:

1. How to stop WU from trying to install 1803 - Similar Threads - stop trying install

2. KB5034441 is already installed, but WU still tries to download and install it???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5034441 is already installed, but WU still tries to download and install it???: Greetings,I have reinstalled Windows a few days ago.I encountered errors for KB5034441 after every reboot of the OS update process. Every time Windows Update checks for new updates it tries and fails without error code to download KB5034441, but it seems that KB5034441 is...
  3. KB5034441 is already installed, but WU still tries to download and install it???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KB5034441 is already installed, but WU still tries to download and install it???: Greetings,I have reinstalled Windows a few days ago.I encountered errors for KB5034441 after every reboot of the OS update process. Every time Windows Update checks for new updates it tries and fails without error code to download KB5034441, but it seems that KB5034441 is...
  4. KB5034441 is already installed, but WU still tries to download and install it???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to install 20H2 when WU is having problems

How to install 20H2 when WU is having problems: Six computers ranging from 10+ to 2 years old or so. One of the newer computer has now failed to install the October cumulative update multiple times a day for almost a month. No idea why. First major issue I can recall. Everything I have tried to fix these errors has not...
  6. WU automatically started downloading and installing the "Preview" update, ignoring WU...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WU automatically started downloading and installing the "Preview" update, ignoring WU...: Today I decided to apply the July Cumulative updates. Configuration: Windows 10 Pro 1909 Windows Update configured with the Group Policy of "Configure Automatic Updates" set to "2 - Notify for download and auto install" (Registry settings for AUOptions reflect that - they...
  7. How to stop Windows 10 1903 from trying to install.

How to stop Windows 10 1903 from trying to install.: I cannot run that update, my AMD-FX 4350 Quad-Core processor does not meet the minimum requirements to run it. I cannot remember the exact thing manually installing the update told me it didn't have. Xsomethingsomething I think. If someone's hardware can't run an update it...
  8. How to stop WU from trying to install 1803

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to stop WU from trying to install 1803: Hello everyone,,, One out of five computers has failed to install 1803 for months. I have tried everything suggested to get it installed with no success. At this point I want to stop it from trying again. I remember someone posting a way to stop a sepcific update from trying...
  9. stop WU from updating my amd drivers

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    stop WU from updating my amd drivers: Heya All, Brand new member here even though been reading this site a long time. Some awesome news and help here. Also see a lot of great people willing to help and is good to see. I have a question on this build which over all am really liking a lot. I have tried...
  10. Installation of W10 failed 6x. But how to stop it from trying?

Installation of W10 failed 6x. But how to stop it from trying?: Windows Update shows as kb3035583 installed but Windows 10 Pro update shows as failed around 6 times. Reading some of the threads and seeing the problems I wish to stop the attempted 10 Pro download from running until I am sure I want to proceed. I have some old programs...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stop 1803 from install

2. how to stop 1803 trying to install