Windows 10: How to stop your laptop automatically entering the email address you have for your Windows...

Discus and support How to stop your laptop automatically entering the email address you have for your Windows... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Like many people, I have different email addresses for different things. The email address I have used to set up my Windows account on my laptop is an... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by teigsx, May 18, 2020.

1. teigsx Win User

How to stop your laptop automatically entering the email address you have for your Windows...

Like many people, I have different email addresses for different things. The email address I have used to set up my Windows account on my laptop is an email I don't use for anything but my account. When trying to make a new account for something or trying to sign into an account I have on an app, for example the Xbox App, my windows account email address is automatically used and I have no option to try and enter a different email address. This is extremely inconvenient as I am unable to for example sign into my xbox account on my laptop because the email address for my xbox account is different to the one that is constantly automatically entered. I've watched countless YouTube videos and spent ages going through every single setting on my laptop but I just can't seem to find a solution. Can anyone help me out? :

:)

teigsx, May 18, 2020
  2. Sam Vimes Win User

Mail App: Removing drop down email address suggestions

I'm not a big fan of the MS Mail program and don't really use it for serious stuff but somehow or other if I create a new email then as I start to enter the recipients address a whole load of suggestions will appear. I don't have any contacts in the People app so I'm not sure where these come from.

The question is how can I clear this list so that I no longer get the suggestions?

Thanks

Sam Vimes, May 18, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    Additional email addresses

You are talking about two totally different things, contacts versus predictive text input in mail client.

In most email clients, like Windows Mail, when you start typing an address in TO, CC or BCC fields, the client does not pick the addresses suggested from your contacts. Instead, it suggests addresses you have sent email earlier, or addresses of those who have sent email to you.

If I now sent you an email, and you replied to it, next time when you write an email to someone whose address starts with K, my email address would be one of the suggested to you although I am not in your contacts.

4. How to stop your laptop automatically entering the email address you have for your Windows...

using Windows 10 email, the systme memorizes, and installs email addresses as I am typing. One of the email addresses is incorrect. How do I remove, or override it?

Thanks for the effort to help resolve my problem. I access my Charter cable internet provider through the Windows 10 Mail App. After successfully going through steps 1-5 , step 6 was a problem. At step 6, my screen did not show the “+” in the upper
    left part of the window. Since I did not find the “+”, I did a little experimenting by clicking on everything on the screen that was displayed, but with no success.

Let me try to clarify what the problem is. In my list of contacts(which appear to be automatically added as I address emails to various individuals), I see that my own email address has been included. However, somehow the “system” added an email address
    that was incorrect. For example, let’s say my email address is supposed to be

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***. Instead, the contact list has listed the contact as xyxyxy@charter, which does not include the “.net”.

Now, when I try to list myself in the email as “bcc” recipient, as expected, I get a message that the email cannot be delivered to me (because of the incomplete email address).

What would I like to achieve?

1st choice – Deactivate the Windows 10 Mail App from automatically adding recipients and allow me to manually enter the recipients.

2nd choice – Find a way to delete the one bad address (xyxyxy@charter).

Finally, if I do not find a solution, I will probably have to discontinue trying to use the Windows 10 Mail App. I’m beginning to think that the developers of the mail app may have failed to provide a way to easily clear out bad addresses.

Thanks

jackdixon__920, May 18, 2020
Thema:

How to stop your laptop automatically entering the email address you have for your Windows...

1. How to stop your laptop automatically entering the email address you have for your Windows... - Similar Threads - stop laptop automatically

2. enter your philips email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    enter your philips email: they say that i should enter my philips email but i dont have a philips email https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enter-your-philips-email/7f1b1e44-3b79-471a-9100-d256f6bceb46
  3. enter your philips email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    enter your philips email: they say that i should enter my philips email but i dont have a philips email https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enter-your-philips-email/7f1b1e44-3b79-471a-9100-d256f6bceb46
  4. enter your philips email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    enter your philips email: They say that i should enter my philips email but i dont have a philips email https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enter-your-philips-email/30970713-5158-40e7-b38b-227c6cad407c
  5. enter your philips email

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. enter your philips email

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    enter your philips email: They say that i should enter my philips email but i dont have a philips email https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enter-your-philips-email/30970713-5158-40e7-b38b-227c6cad407c
  7. enter your philips email

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. How do you stop your Xbox app on your pc to stop automatically signing u in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you stop your Xbox app on your pc to stop automatically signing u in: I tried to look it up on YouTube doesn’t work so I almost gave up so I went to Microsoft egea and still dosent work I did everything it told me but at this point I just don’t know what to do pls contect me and tell me what wrong...
  9. How do you change your Microsoft account email address.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do you change your Microsoft account email address.: I want to switch from my Yahoo Mail account to my Gmail, but it seems as if there are a lot of hurdles in doing so. submitted by /u/j_abitante [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hgej8u/how_do_you_change_your_microsoft_account_email/
  10. Verify your email address

in Windows 10 Support
    Verify your email address: When I try to download any app, "I get the prompt "Verify your email address." I originally submitted an email address and password when I set up windows 10. Now, I am sent a link directing me to a website to verify my password. The password (which I know is correct,) is...