Windows 10: How to stope auto updates

Discus and support How to stope auto updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I was on build 9879. When I turned on my pc this morning it auto updated to build 9926 which I have tried recently but didn't like it. How do I stop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by cheezz, Jan 24, 2015.

1. cheezz Win User

How to stope auto updates

I was on build 9879. When I turned on my pc this morning it auto updated to build 9926 which I have tried recently but didn't like it.
    How do I stop windows from doing this? Need help. TIA

:)

cheezz, Jan 24, 2015

2. How to stop update download

How to stop Windows 10 from downloading update?

this auto update suck's its keep updating while i play video game and make my internet connection worst.

if it cant be stoped where can i complain about it?

TimoteusStewart, Jan 24, 2015
  3. gankanda Win User
    N95 Main Camera is Not AutoFocusing

My N95 Nokia phone when i am using suddenly main camera(5.0Mpix)not auto focusing.It focused to closeup position and stoped forcus.Camera is working good.Only Autofocusing is not working.What am i do?

gankanda, Jan 24, 2015
  4. AddRAM Win User

I hate when that happens *Mad

I`m not sure you can stop it, if updates is set to auto. And I don`t think you can change that either.

AddRAM, Jan 24, 2015
  5. labeeman Win User
    M$ has disabled that setting for the TP builds.

labeeman, Jan 24, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Yep, by the final RTM release, we should see the usual settings. MS just wants to keep the preview builds updated for now. *Smile

Brink, Jan 24, 2015
  7. werty Win User
    Hi in Build 9926 the Windows Update is removed from Control panel. To bring it back follow this steps in registry editor:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsUpdate\UX]
    "IsConvergedUpdateStackEnabled"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsUpdate\UX\Settings]
    "UxOption"=dword:00000000

Now Windows update is back in Control panel and you can configure which updates to install and which to hide.

Good luck,

Edit: I have set mine like this:

werty, Jan 25, 2015
  8. How to stope auto updates

Disabling Windows Update service should do the trick, but no other updates either.

TairikuOkami, Jan 25, 2015
  9. hank Win User
    had mine set to 'never install updates' and voila, after 1/2 hour the black was back

10. CountMike New Member
    Some updates should be allowed to choose to install or not. It keeps on pushing driver updates and some are just plain WRONG.

CountMike, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to stope auto updates - Similar Threads - stope auto updates

2. How to stop auto windows update

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to stop auto windows update: Every morning when I turn on my device it will be autocratically update and the process take an hour sometimes How can I stop that ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-auto-windows-update/380931a3-300b-4d8d-92fe-67e7295c32fe
  3. Microsoft sandbox stoped working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft sandbox stoped working: i recently update to may update(1903) with update assistant. i enable Microsoft sandbox it even worked few times but suddenly stop working giving an error . failed to start. i tried to disable and enable again but nothing happens[ATTACH]...
  4. how to disable win10 auto update?

how to disable win10 auto update?: how to disable win10 auto update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-win10-auto-update/650900ee-a7c9-4680-843d-73073c5b2193
  5. Auto updates

Auto updates: I think that we, as the owner of our computers, should have the option to update or not!!! I mean why would we buy a "personal" computer only to have Microsoft take it hostage!!!! Microsoft thinks they know what is best, but they do not take the time to get to know each of...
  6. how to turn off auto updates

how to turn off auto updates: i do not wish to upgrade my laptop every week because i have minimal space for it and quite frankly do not want to automatically do it is there a way to turn off the automatic updates?...
  7. touchpad stoped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    touchpad stoped working: Hi, my touchpad stoped working, so I have looked for some solution, I have found the microsoft's advise, open device manager, click on mouse and pointing devices... and I have discovered, that the touchpad app is just dissapeard from one day to another. What can I do now?...
  8. wuauserv always be stoped auto

wuauserv always be stoped auto: my os detail: win10 pro 17134.165, the service 'wuauserv' will be stopd and turned to prohibit by OS. The OS turns 'wuauserv' to prohibit, even though I turn it to auto time by time. I closed all the firewall software, but this will always happen. how can i fix this problom?...
  9. Device Cenus Stoped Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Device Cenus Stoped Working: Like title say i get this error every day on specific hour,i don't know why i get this in the first place,the problem was appeared after June Cumulative Update and its keeps appear in my reliability monitor every day,its kinda frustrating because i do not know how to fix it....
  10. auto update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    auto update?: How can you turn on or off the auto updating of the information shown in the tiles when you click the start button? 3968